dupa

Author Topic: No speech with MSN messenger 7.0 & Messenger Plus  (Read 7740 times)

mouseclick

• View Profile
No speech with MSN messenger 7.0 & Messenger Plus
« on: June 08, 2005, 08:53:17 pm »
Hi, this software looks great. However having read the help file, I have checked the box that says read all instant messages and still no sound. Everything works bar that, which is what I wanted to use it for!

I am using Windows XP Pro with the lastest service packs and upgrades, MSN Messenger 7.0 (build 7.0777) and Messenger plus version 3.54.132 as a Messenger addin.

I have restarted everything including my PC, but still no joy. Can anyone help? I would really love to make this work!

Thanks,
Steve

Bill819

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2005, 09:23:22 pm »
I am using the same kind of system with no problems. Does Hal speak to you at all? If not, right click on Hal's icon and click on General Options and choose the voice you want to use. If that is not the problem, try reinstalling once again.
Bill

Dr.Benway

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2005, 06:49:20 am »
If you want to use the Hal Reader to speak the messages you receive with MS Messenger I am not sure if it will work. The instant messages meant here are probably the default Windows messages.

mouseclick

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2005, 09:56:57 am »
quote:
Originally posted by Bill819

I am using the same kind of system with no problems. Does Hal speak to you at all? If not, right click on Hal's icon and click on General Options and choose the voice you want to use. If that is not the problem, try reinstalling once again.
Bill

Hi thanks for your reply. Yes Hal speaks to me, everything else works
Steve

mouseclick

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2005, 09:59:11 am »
Hi Raymond, thank's for your reply. I do not use Windows Messenger as I like the extra features of MSN messenger. I guess the question is then, has anyone else ever got Hal to work with any version of MSN messenger?

quote:
Originally posted by Dr.Benway

If you want to use the Hal Reader to speak the messages you receive with MS Messenger I am not sure if it will work. The instant messages meant here are probably the default Windows messages.

Steve

mouseclick

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2005, 10:26:10 am »
Hi Bill. I reinstalled (used repair facility) and still does not work. Can you confirm that you have it working with MSN messenger, and not Windows Messenger? They are different products.

quote:

Bill

Steve

Bill819

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2005, 10:33:25 am »
Originally posted by mouseclick

Hi Bill. I reinstalled (used repair facility) and still does not work. Can you confirm that you have it working with MSN messenger, and not Windows Messenger? They are different products.

Bill

Sorry but I do not use it with MSN Messenger. I did not realize that was your main quest.I guess you are out of luck but Hal is still a great program.
Bill

Maviarab

• View Profile
    • http://3d-fantasyportraits.co.uk
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2005, 11:29:25 am »
Hi All,

I seem to recall that Medekzsa is working on MSN messenger compatability for the new version of UltraHal

If this is correct the when it becomes available if mouseclick just upgrades at that point in time his prayers are answered so to speak.

Mouseclick,

As others have said, this is a minor exception to what truly is a great and worthwhile program.

I am sure the benefits of the program will far outway any negatives you may find.[:D]
AIDreams...The new home of the Digital Girl

www.aidreams.co.uk

paulah

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2005, 03:06:41 pm »
Hi there, i'm afraid i'm having the same problem with MSN messenger and also am seeking an answer?????????? would much appreciate some help.

many thank,
paulah.

tenkay10k

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2006, 09:01:46 pm »
I'm also trying to get it to work with a messenger. I'm trying to use AIM, but it will not read it. I have a buddy who has a MAC and it works with him, but not with my 98'.