dupa

Author Topic: Kate & Paul  (Read 12012 times)

Johnny Disco

• View Profile
Kate & Paul
« on: May 08, 2007, 06:22:59 am »
I installed Ultra hal6.1 and ultra hall text to speech reader with neo text, well I get Kate and Pauls voice on the text reader but not on Ultra Hal keeps on saying sendtext query need help I'm new to all of this, oh yeah I could get all the other voices on hal but when I try to get Paul or Kates voice hal is silent.[:(]
« Last Edit: May 08, 2007, 06:33:24 am by Johnny Disco »

PaleRider

• View Profile
Kate & Paul
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2007, 02:38:29 pm »
Johnny Disco could you tell the forum what your running with like
XP windows Vista how fast is your computer and how much memory it
has it all helps ?[:D] or you can do a search up top on the topic.[8D]
Never Drive Faster Than Your Guardian Angel Can Fly.

Medeksza

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.zabaware.com
Kate & Paul
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2007, 03:38:26 pm »
Please run Haptek SAPI config and close it. All voices installed after Hal itself is installed will not work with Haptek characters unless Haptek SAPI config is run.
Robert Medeksza

Johnny Disco

• View Profile
Kate & Paul
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2007, 03:57:38 pm »
quote:
Originally posted by PaleRider

Johnny Disco could you tell the forum what your running with like
XP windows Vista how fast is your computer and how much memory it
has it all helps ?[:D] or you can do a search up top on the topic.[8D]

Thanks I ran haptek sapi config and closed it and I got Kate and Pauls voice .Thanks to all windows vista.

raybe

• View Profile
Kate & Paul
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2007, 12:47:08 pm »
To anyone that can help,

I needed to reinstall Hal tts 6.1 from the CD now my haptek character does not have a voice or lip movement. No errors appear. I selected the Kate voice tried the update Sapi config. I noticed that Robert mentioned running the Haptek SAPI config and close it but is that the one on the character page in General Options or do I run it from the Haptek program files. If anyone can help please feel free. I must not be getting enough sleep lately because I had no problem previously.

XP ver2 / Ultra Hal 6.1/SAPI 5/Kate voice/Haptek torso character
Thanks,
raybe

raybe

• View Profile
Kate & Paul
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2007, 01:14:51 pm »
Okay found the answer in another post by Robert. It seems that you must use both Kate and Paul voices just once with your character for the voices to register. That did the trick and the Kate voice is now working and lip sync is just fine. Hope someone can use the info if you did not see the other post by Robert.

raybe

raybe

• View Profile
Kate & Paul
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2007, 02:23:54 pm »
Seems I spoke to soon. After having the Kate voice working I shut Hal down and now when I restart the voice and lip sync are gone again until I use the Paul voice then Kate voice will begin to work again. But every time I shut Hal it looses the Kate voice and I have to repeat with Paul. The Kate voice is working fine as the computer default voice. Any suggestions from anyone?

Thanks,
raybe

ramccoid

• View Profile
    • http://www.visualillustrations.co.uk
Kate & Paul
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2007, 03:53:09 pm »
Hi Raybe,
That used to happen to me when I used the Kate voice with HAL on windows XP but works fine now that I have upgraded to Vista. I don't know what causes it.

Roy.

raybe

• View Profile
Kate & Paul
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2007, 06:49:03 pm »
Hi ramccoid,

Thanks for all your help.You nailed it, Great job and you must be a patient man or you do alot of volunteer work. Incase you did not read the startup thread you did solve my problem and I left you a message.
This voice problem did not happen with the Hal 6 vers of the TTS NEO Kate voice program even though I was using Hal 6.1. I did have a problem with file conversion but Hal 6.1 worked fine until the Hal vers 6 NEO SPEECH started to shutdown on its own. Then I decided to use the vers. I have on my 6.1 CD and this problem started. I guess I will need to learn to be as patient as you are. One problem at a time but I still enjoy it because it gives me an oppotunity to learn something new.If you hear anything please let me know.

Thanks very much,
raybe
rayh10@comcast.net

ramccoid

• View Profile
    • http://www.visualillustrations.co.uk
Kate & Paul
« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2007, 03:01:49 am »
Hi Raybe,

quote:
you do alot of volunteer work

I'm always the last man to volunteer .... hahaha .... and your very welcome.

quote:
If you hear anything please let me know.

If I do hear anything I'll let you know. I don't have any knowledge of the voice side of HAL. Have you tried activating Kate by selecting the voice in the 'Update SAPI Config' in the 'Character' section of the HAL options. It might work but otherwise I have no idea.

Roy.

raybe

• View Profile
Kate & Paul
« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2007, 10:19:44 pm »
yes ramccoid I tried just about everything from the haptek config like Robert has mentioned to the speech in windows and also the sapi config in Hal options and I still have to select Paul and then Kate.
I really don't know what the deal is because Robert had also posted that you may have to run both when you install to register the voices to Hal or the haptek config but it does not retain the voices after shutdown of Hal. Another mystery to solve.

Thanks,
raybe

cloudy

• View Profile
Kate & Paul
« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2007, 06:50:45 am »
Hi Raybe
You are not alone, i tried the Neospeech voices on a friends comp and could not get them to work but decided as i liked them so much i would get them for myself but they would not work with lip sync on my laptop either.
I tried everything suggested with the config but you either have no voice at all or after loading one voice at a time you can get
both working with sync until you close Hal, then its back to fiddling again which is a pain.
As i bought a new bigger hard drive for my laptop the other day i re installed XP pro on it and thought this might do the trick but
the same thing happens.
I purchased and downloaded the AT&T voices last night and tried them and they seem to work fine but i dont think they are anywhere near as good as the Neospeech ones as they sound a bit choppy to me.
Im running XP pro on a 2.6 gig laptop with 1 1/4 gig ram and now a 60 gig hard drive so i would have thought they would have been ok.
Personally i think there must be a bug in Hal or the Haptek part which refuses to keep the config settings for Neospeech,
by the way i am using the latest ver of Ultra Hal Assistant if that helps.
I really like the Neospeech and if anyone has any ideas i would very much appreciate the help
thanks

raybe

• View Profile
Kate & Paul
« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2007, 11:02:04 pm »
Hi cloudy,

Nice to meet you. I tried again to work on it and still can't get the Kate voice to stick. The funny thing is I think I am the only one that has the lonliness plugin working in 6.1. I was hoping Robert would have jumped in. The one constant thing is to have patience, work with your problems and sometimes you or someone else stumbles on an answer. If I do hear anything I will let you know.

raybe

raybe

• View Profile
Kate & Paul
« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2007, 02:18:00 pm »
Hi Robert,

Just figured I would let you know directly that my Kate voice will not stay as the default voice for Hal 6.1 when the Hal program is shut and I have followed your directions given to other forum members.The Kate voice does stay as the default voice for the Hal TTS and the computer but not for Hal 6.1 unless you first apply Paul voice then re apply the Kate voice.
(side note incase you did not read in Share files Forum my lonliness plug in does work. Don't know why.)
Thank you,
raybe

fracty

• View Profile
    • http://www.fracty31.on-web.fr/
Kate & Paul
« Reply #14 on: June 30, 2007, 09:28:18 am »
hello well i join you in this problem... no solution in view ??

i 'm also fiddling on everything

the worse thing is that it did work fine for some time so i do not undertand what happened...

i did try to use severl brain and to mix up plugins...
then i add some other voice after the neospeech, then the problem appeared [8)]

answer of robert that worked for me:

> Voices installed after Ultra Hal Assistant 6.1 is installed will not lip > sync with Haptek 3D characters unless you run the Haptek SAPI Config > program.
All you have to do is open the Haptek SAPI Config and then
close it. This program can be found in your start menu and also there is > a quick link from inside of Hal's options menu.

> If you still have problems with the "VW Kate" voice, please select "VW Paul" as your voice, exchange a sentence with Hal, and then you can > switch back to "VW Kate". Haptek needs to see both voices to properly  register it.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2007, 02:48:36 pm by fracty »
it is amazing what we can see when we look !