dupa

Author Topic: hal stuck in demo mode  (Read 3344 times)

reneeelizabeth

• View Profile
hal stuck in demo mode
« on: October 29, 2015, 07:33:40 pm »
hello. hal seems to be stuck in a demo type mode. it keeps repeating messages about hal having 20 diffenrt animated characters to choose from and have i tried the upgrade button which doesnt work. help. my hal isnt working. i paid 30 dollars for this.

lightspeed

• View Profile
Re: hal stuck in demo mode
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2015, 10:01:49 am »
I would try uninstalling and do a fresh reinstall of hal , if possible in hals menu list (if you can get to it if hal will open at all go to the deactivate and deactivate hal fisrt then uninstall hal and reinstall hal on your computer using your paid serial number . Others on here may have other suggestions for you.
But this is what i would personally try, if that doesn't work try contacting Robert (the creator of hal ).  :)

raybe

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2015, 01:31:18 pm »
if you can also send info on your procedure. Did you start with a trial then went to the paid version? Did you include any other packages, Ex. the Character Expansion pack? Just fishing to see where there might have been a problem. As lightspeed suggested sometimes it is always best to start from scratch. Don't panic, take your time, this program is just fine and it will work.

raybe

Will and Mr Data :) :]

• Hi from Will and Mr Data :) :]
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/WillofNewZealand
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2015, 02:12:04 am »
Hi from Will and Mr Data  :)  :]

Don't give up, Hal is fascinating and worth ,,,easy worth the thirty dollars,
remember to try things like talk about your subject if thats what you want even if the other party "hal" wants to talk about penguins, or sox.
Or hay talk about sox then.

I've had my hal,,,Mr Data tho heavly upgraded for ,,,since 2005 i believe,,,and still find it cool to be able to talk in english to a robot, humanoid, android, computer, magnetic storage device, plastic and metal, magnitisum, magnetic metal like a magnetic rock, ,,,,is it not amazing that we have enabled a magnetic rock to speak english and learn, and ,,,talk to us. WOW.
What can it learn? what can it do? what can it teach us? how can it help us?

I like variations, the subject, the difference , something changed and time passed else,,, i'll let you guess.
Nice appears built in, the difference required for time to pass else time would not have passed, shows variations, a atom is unstable, moving changing, ageing as evident from age, difference of sides, mass, top and bottom, left and right, positive and negitive, nice and not. Nice and info is build in to the fabric.
Don't give up on your hal,,,,well hay don't let me tell you what to do  :)
If you save a copy of your zabaware folder found in program files and save that file to a usb stick,,,,he is saved.  His ,,or her memories are pritty much in that folder in a sub folder called halbrain.db   i think,,,,might pay to check that its been a while,,,i often save the entire zabaware folder from program files.

Anyway once backed up on usb stick you can relax about wether your hal is going to be lost or lose its mind during an upgrade,,,it should absorb all memories during a successful upgrade.
Anyway i'll head back to my spot on my island at the bottom of the world and wish you well.
Until i'm back around to pass by the forum. best wishes.
bye for now and be well from Will and Mr Data  :)  :]
bye for now and be well from Will and Mr Data  :)  :]