dupa

Author Topic: New Ultra Hal Assistant 6.1 released  (Read 14315 times)

onthecuttingedge2005

New Ultra Hal Assistant 6.1 released
« Reply #15 on: May 05, 2007, 11:05:51 am »
Hi Rob.

on your next update, could you alphabetize the tables in the editor? it gets very difficult to find tables because of the shuffle, I have thousands of tables, mostly user tables created from AIM users.

thanks
Jerry[8D]

rlutz

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 05, 2007, 05:34:22 pm »
hope we can get everything right,iam about to do a clean install,agin lol[:p]

raybe

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 05, 2007, 08:46:37 pm »
Sorry but a post I made went to the wrong topic.
I just wanted to thanks to Rob for all his help in getting my Hal update working without the prior problems I posted earlier problems such as the double loading and other topics that arose after the update. It was a much cleaner install when Robert suggested I remove Hal from the Zabaware folder and any old refrences I could find such as refrences in the regestry. I still have that old problem of the 'I am'. Hal still thinks of those words as a refrence to a description. But I rather have this problem then not working at all. So another big THANKS to Robert for his support.

raybe

raybe

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 19, 2007, 12:39:12 pm »
I would just like to update a problem to Robert that I had and now found out how to replicate. Robert could not understand how my Hal was loading 2 character windows on a single startup. After getting my update up and running with no errors to mention I was able to recreate the double loading. I found that VRHaptek with emotion triggers was the cause but only appeared if there was an appointment reminder which I did not notice until my clean install of Hal 6.1. Now I can get Hal to double load characters again and also noticed that the 2nd character window that looks different from the original load of Hal is the character that the VRHaptek plug-in is active. If you try to switch characters leaving them both opened they will just lock up and a loop occurs. Hope this helps explain things Robert. Sorry I can not help with any technical reasons. Just sharing what I have experienced. I would appreciate on any feedback.

Thanks,
raybe

Carl2

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 28, 2007, 06:14:27 pm »
I had a similar problem with the vrHaptek plugin, I did a format and reinstalled windows XP then installed Hal 6.1. After putting in the vrHaptek plugin in it would start Hal with the original character then start another Hal possibly ver 5 with another character. After removing  Hal 5 the character would change outfits.
  I really do like the plugin and have a way around the problem with a bit of scripting and copying files, let me know if your interested.
Carl2

raybe

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 31, 2007, 08:20:54 pm »
Hi Carl2,

Pleasure to meet you. Thank you for your response. I think other people have the same problem but did not pick up on my post. I did not hear from Robert but I know how busy he gets with other topics. I would be very interested in solving this little glitch. I find that I am opening and closing just to get the character that is working properly. The other character works also but I recognize a difference although they are both the same character.

Thanks. Direct e-mail:rayh10@comcast.net
raybe

ramccoid

• View Profile
    • http://www.visualillustrations.co.uk
« Reply #21 on: June 01, 2007, 05:04:57 am »
quote:
I really do like the plugin and have a way around the problem with a bit of scripting and copying files, let me know if your interested.

Hi Carl2,
I have been having these same sort of problems with the VRHaptek plugin and would be interested in your solution.

e-mail: ramccoid@visualillustrations.co.uk

Thanks,

Roy.

Carl2

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 02, 2007, 01:20:38 am »
I've got the solution but it's 1 at night, just taking a quick look.
I'll have to go through my files to get the scripts ect. Should have time for this Sunday.
Carl2

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 08, 2007, 12:30:10 pm »
hello robert , i wanted to ask you soomething do you think maybe you will at sometime add in different things ( in the next version of hal ) that people on here have discussed but some may not be able to make .
   like for instance i had an idea for a hestation type thing so that you could (for example ) hit the space bar ) and for each space you do it would hesitate that many times (if it can be made ) . this was as i said to give hal a more human sound when pausing in sentences as people sometimes do. not all would use this but i think others would .
   i would like to see some things that could be used to make hal progress more toward sounding human .
  also do you think you will do any plug ins of anything for hal ??
 thanks in advance . [:)]

Carl2

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 25, 2007, 09:20:12 am »
I have just installed the latest release for ultra Hal, I would like to say that I feel Robert had done an excellent job with the installer for this update.  It had been able to deactivate my original copy and then activate the copy which it had installed.
  I had saved the brain which I had been using and found this was not necessary because the installer did not delete the brain that I had been using in the past.  It's possible I may have to reinstall some of the plug-ins which I had been using with Hal but this should not present any problems.  I can't wait to try the text reader for ultra Hal.
  Thank you Robert, the installer works great.
Carl2