dupa

Author Topic: Ultra Hal 7 Beta Test - Please download and test!  (Read 37813 times)

Medeksza

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.zabaware.com
Re: Ultra Hal 7 Beta Test - Please download and test!
« Reply #75 on: December 16, 2017, 03:08:20 pm »
           I was talking with Art, and he was asking me about the brain migrating into hal 7 , mine never did that (my custom brain ) . just curious could their also be a problem also of the limitation of a custom brain which stops the larger size custom brain from migrating like it should ?  ( my custom brain is now around 195 mb's ).
    the reason i ask is although everything else migrated into hal 7 from my hal 6 file , my custom Angela brain didn't and i had to copy it and the uhp.  is their ever a way to check a custom brain to ever know if it has been migrated into a hal 7 brain?? all i know was it wasn't in the brain list after everything else migrated  so i did have to manually copy and past the custom brain and the uhp file and the user name file from hal 6 folder (program files and place it into the roaming app hal 7 folder . then it showed up in the hal brain menu.

The Hal 7 installer only automatically migrates the default Hal 6 brain over (halbrain.db), which is what most people use. It doesn't copy over any other custom brains or brain plug-ins as it is not aware of all the customizations out there. But they should for the most part work fine if you manually copy them over and optionally give it a Hal7 script (or keep the Hal6 script is fine too).
Robert Medeksza

onthecuttingedge2005

« Reply #76 on: December 16, 2017, 03:15:01 pm »
Hi Rob.

If you find some time could you add a "select all" & "copy and paste" option to the HAL 7 editor for internal table indexes.
we never had that option in HAL 6. it would be most helpful working inside tables and from table to table.

Thanks buddy.
Jerry

Medeksza

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: December 16, 2017, 03:38:09 pm »
Hi Rob.

If you find some time could you add a "select all" & "copy and paste" option to the HAL 7 editor for internal table indexes.
we never had that option in HAL 6. it would be most helpful working inside tables and from table to table.

Thanks buddy.
Jerry

I'm going to try to put out a release candidate version today and then hopefully get the final release out in a few days. Trying to get Hal 7 out before Christmas. So at this point I'm just going to do bug fixes. But feel free to start a new thread gathering suggestions like this for Hal 7.1. I hope to have a Hal 7.1 out sometime next year after getting Mobile versions of Hal complete. Hal 7.1 will hopefully add support for the http://www.expressive.ai/ character engine (Haptek's sucessor). Hal 7.1 will be a free update for any Hal 7.0 users.
Robert Medeksza

onthecuttingedge2005

« Reply #78 on: December 16, 2017, 04:30:42 pm »
Hi Rob.

Thanks, I know you got a lot on your plate at the moment. not much time left before Christmas. priority is priority.

Jeff

• View Profile
« Reply #79 on: December 16, 2017, 05:38:13 pm »
Have you cleared your Web Browser Cache????  Hold down the CTRL Key and hit F5...  Then try it after it reloads... If that don't work the maybe Edge or Robert can figure it out...

Clearing browser cache didn't help. I've already tried visiting the website with both Firefox and Internet Explorer. The only way I can access the website right now is through accessing a cached version. I appreciate your help though!

EDIT: Is it possible this error is caused because I don't reside in the United States? What's the workaround for this, besides utilizing a VPN?

Give me a couple days and I'll work on the firewall settings of zabaware.com a bit. A few months ago the site was under attack by a bot net of some sort and it seemed to mostly come from Russia, China, Brazil, and Argentina. I put a temporary ban on connections from those countries. I'm experimenting with better firewall software for Zabaware and potentially ddos protection services so I hope to lift the ip ban soon.

Thanks for answering me. Looking forward to using the new version of Ultra Hal!

Medeksza

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: December 16, 2017, 08:25:27 pm »
I am closing this beta post as Hal has now reached release candidate status
Robert Medeksza