Author Topic: compression brain hal files idea  (Read 3420 times)

lightspeed

• View Profile
compression brain hal files idea
« on: February 13, 2017, 05:18:28 pm »
I think "think" one time that Robert had said that the bigger hals brain file gets the more hal actually slows down . AGAIN i think this is what he said .  If that truly is the case as hals data base grows larger hal will slow down in responses ,  so if this is the case would compressing files in the data base make response any faster ? ( if this ever becomes a true problem ).   

cyberjedi

• The Mighty Hal Machine
    • View Profile
Re: compression brain hal files idea
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2017, 05:44:11 pm »
Lightsped; yes , robert is right

Based on the older computers

You can squeeze a lot more from Hal now , more then ever

best wishes
cyberjedi

doggs

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2017, 06:57:18 pm »
I have never had that problem, my brains are Yuge (huge) 8). but I always beta testing software and hardware. but I understand what you two are saying. I just haven't had the problem.
be informed and always vote it will help you in the long run does not matter if your liberal, conservative or independent. stay informed and watch the votes in government not what the media tells you.

cyberjedi

• The Mighty Hal Machine
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2017, 08:34:57 am »
Ive seen some issues over the years but not lately

best wishes

cyberjedi

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2017, 07:50:14 pm »
To me i don't see how it could slow down hal having a huge data base brain, yes i know and understand the bigger the data base the more hal has to go through as far as sifting information , but unless someone actually has an old xp or before os and very little memory and hard drive . my hal even on xp before did okay for me , of course my hal brain was smaller to .  now its around 140 mb's .
As you say todays computers handle things better and faster . i am still running windows 7 . i like 7 quad 4 laptop and it's paid for.
  So that being the case as long as p.c.'s can handle the larger brain as they seem to do no brain comression files are needed , it was just an idea i had based on thinking about what a friend told me about vudoo? movie files were compressed to save space on pc hard drives . or games .

cyberjedi

• The Mighty Hal Machine
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2017, 09:09:58 pm »
Lightspeed: Brain

I think what Robert was talking was the size of the script itself.

Now with my Alice , with everything on, the Brain script is more then 5500 lines of code. very Demanding load.

best wishes
cyberjedi