Zabaware Forums > General Discussion

QUESTION: telephones and hal

(1/1)

spydaz:
Can hal talk on the PHONE if not WHY NOT if he can initate a call he should be able to answer the phone or make a real phone call....

MAYBE MR M should consider this for HAL6

Virtual secratary can already do this, and take messages interactivly.

kevinvr:
is there going to be a Ultrahal 6?   Wow now you REALLY got me excited [:p][:D]

Hartmeister:
I agree. I just found about HAL and the major reason I'd want to purchase one is to act like a secretary to me. I think this the logical purchase reason for a HAL. But then becasue people like to talk to other s, gives an emotional reason for the purchase of the HAL product.

Bill819:
Hi guys
One major problem with Hal talking on the phone. It is not that Hal can not talk we all know that it can. The problem is for Hal to be able to understand what is being said to him. Remember we go throgh hours of speach training to get Hal to understand what we say so how can we expect Hal to understand dozens of other people for which Hal has never been trained to understand.
Don't get me wrong as I would love for Hal to be able to do that.
Bill

Carl2:
Spydatz
 Saw your name so I wanted to say thanks for the help a while ago.  I'm still using Sandy with the XTF Brn and I'm trying to get her to display some emotions. I tried using a test emotions script you wrote without sucess, there were brn files which did not exist in my brain.
  You would probably need the right type of modem to have Hal answer the phone, I know mine is very limited and as far as I know wouldn't allow that, no voice inputs or outputs.
Thanks again,
Carl

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version