Zabaware Forums > General Discussion

Controlling Ultra Hal TTS?

(1/2) > >>

dataless:
I have an AI app that I was using Ultra Hal with. There didn't seem to be any method of directly controlling the voice, so I just used SendKeys. I sent the first character of my desired entry to the listbox, then used {DOWN} to get down to the particular entry. Of course, there was NO WAY of controlling the slide bars for volume, pitch, and speed.

THEN I tried it on a different computer. There were DIFFERENT voices displayed, perhaps because of other products that had been installed on the two computers or ???. Anyway, the same blind operation of the listbox got me to DIFFERENT voices  8-(

Is there SOME way of reliably controlling Ultra Hal TTS so that I can get the voice of my choice?

Thanks in advance for any advice or suggestions.

Steve

Art:
Steve,

You can try the HapSapiSetup.exe file from Haptek.
Also check out the Windows Control Panel for SPEECH,
then TTS Voices. It should list those that are installed
on your computer.

If you still have problems let us know.

dataless:
quote:Originally posted by Art

Steve,

then TTS Voices. It should like those that are installed
on your computer.

dataless:
Sorry for the duplicate and empty postings. This is definitetely not the easiest to use forum I have been in. Problem by problem I will get the hang of this.

Continuing ...

Steve,

**I will check this out.**

on your computer.

**Yup. It ONLY shows "Microsoft Sam", with no evidence of Mike or Mary. Any idea where Mike and Mary went?**

dataless:
OK, I tried HapSapiSetup.exe, and saw just what I saw in the listbox in the Hal Reader *EXCEPT* that the listbox in the Hal Reader had BOTH "Sam" and "Microsoft Sam" in addition to 15 other entries that were the same in both environments. Any thoughts about why this small difference?

I don't (yet) see how this might help me to control the listbox under program control on different computers having different voices. Hopefully you see something that I missed.

Steve

quote:Originally posted by dataless

Steve,

on your computer.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version