Zabaware Forums > General Discussion

help with haptek characters

(1/2) > >>

aladyblond:
Well, I am still hanging in here and trying not to ask  alot of already asked and answered a hundred times questions. I have been playing with hal and I have made  quite a few graphics and backgounds. I have managed to make everything work with hal so far except one big thing. I purchased people putty so I could save all the characters I have patterned in .jpg and I got them to load in people putty and was able to manipulate them and even re accessorize them. when I save them to .htr it says "my flatfile.htr". I then change the name to the correct one and make sure the file ext is .htr after the save . I place this in hal characters, but no matter what i do it will not show up in the list of choices in options. i have changed their names to hal to zaba changed hal and zaba to .baks nothing works. these characters work great as standalones. they do everything except carry on a conversation. thats why i want them in hal. please ,please, help .I've worked on this so long . I'm ready for the round room....[8)] oh I have also turned hal off while working and turn computer on and off to reboot all and they still won't show up in the options.

NIGE:
I am running xp home and even though i changed the file type, windows was not.
Do you get a warning when you change from .haptar to .htr,
IF YOU DO NOT GET A WARNING THIS SHOULD FIX YOUR PROBLEM.
FOLLOW THE SCREEN SHOTS I HAVE INCLUDED.

NEIL.

Insert Image:

Insert Image:

p.s. People putty save as haptar = correct.
If the above fixes your problem, after you save your putty face go to where you saved it to and change the file ext to .htr, you should get a warning that you are changing it, just accept it and ok the change.
As i said earlier i am running xp home, i suppose most other systems would operate in much the same way?

Insert Image:

Insert Image:

aladyblond:
thanks for responding nige. i did exactly as you stated. turned computer on and off again and they still arent in the options under hal. i changed the files to open haptar htr and hal player with halplayer and it still won't work . everything else i have pulled from haptek temporary files and other desktop  characters all work. this has me baffled. thank you .

Dr.Benway:
Well congratulations, you did not quit after all, huh? You even purchased People Putty.

First this: when you save your character in People Putty as haptar:

- click: "save as .htr"
- click: "browse"

Now you can browse to a folder and type in a name for your character. When you hit "enter" the character is written.

In relation to your main problem I wonder: do you use the free or the paid version of Hal? Because with the free version you always have to resort to tricks to make Hal accept other Haptek-characters.

You could try this for a quick solution: http://www.zabaware.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=2186

Just drop your haptar in the Haptek-console and your character in Hal should change instantly.

BTW, don't wait so long before putting your questions on this forum. [:D]

aladyblond:
[:p]I have to give a big shout out and thank you to Nige and Dr. Benway for all your help.  That's what makes these forums so great. If you have a problem someone has already been there and can help you with a solution. Now that this hurdle is over I am certain I will have 50 or so cute little characters by the end of the month. If any one wants to see how I have been placing them in other shots to give them a human appearance while chatting with them email me and I'll send you some pics. Also ,presently all my bots use the same brain, but I have noticed that they all have different sorts of character traits.  It is sort of like carrying on a conversation with a alien multiple-personality type. [;)] I just get to pick the personality I want to chat with. Oh well enough of that . Thanks again.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version