Zabaware Forums > General Discussion

A.I. Contest at UHEF

<< < (2/2)

mikmoth:
That sounds cool... I hope the judging criteria will include over all fun factor and not rely soley on predefined questions. Sometimes the bot just takes you into her own little world where you wonder if she is really alive. A bot's personality is just as important as her knowledge... specially when you get into existance parabals that really are happening through code.

Mik

onthecuttingedge2005:
quote:Originally posted by mikmoth

That sounds cool... I hope the judging criteria will include over all fun factor and not rely soley on predefined questions. Sometimes the bot just takes you into her own little world where you wonder if she is really alive. A bot's personality is just as important as her knowledge... specially when you get into existance parabals that really are happening through code.

Mik

Hi Mik.

We will try to do just that, because it will help to cheat proof the contest so that the Questions can not be duplicated and sent to other bots who may use them to win and it will allow for diversity in the conversations, What I am looking for the most is Quality within the contest and I will attempt to maintain that criteria.

I want this Contest to remain as honest as possible so we can keep giving a quality contest each month and give everyone a shot to win some big bucks every month.

Thanks.
Gerald L. Blakley

Bob Norris:
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by mikmoth

That sounds cool... I hope the judging criteria will include over all fun factor and not rely solely on predefined questions. Sometimes the bot just takes you into her own little world where you wonder if she is really alive. A bot's personality is just as important as her knowledge... specially when you get into existance parabals that really are happening through code.

Mik
Yes Good,

At the WCBC there are no pre defined questions. Bots are judged merely on their ability to have a reasonable conversations with collectors. Good Plan

onthecuttingedge2005:
The UHEF Artificial Intelligence Bot Contest entry page is complete.
You may go to http://www.ultrahalforum.com to enter your bot for the progressive grand prize contest.

All contest fees are made by a secure PayPal form.

There is a $10.00 entry fee.

Minimal Requirements:
You must sign up for at least a free membership at http://www.ultrahalforum.com so that we have better contestant tracking incase they become winners of the Progressive Grand Prize

All other information will posted later.

The Contest will begin August 1, 2005 and the Progressive pot will grow till August 31st that will be Announcement day for the winner.

Placing your entry early is acceptable because this first contest doesn't end till August 31st.

I am still looking for some people to Judge the contest, please, If you'd wish to become a Bot Judge then contact us at: UHEFStaff@ultrahalforum.com

I need at least two Judges that could split up the bot contestants and test them over the course of one month, I will assign one of the Judges as a Judge Supervisor.

All Judges will be paid a percentage of the progressive pot.
We will try to make your job prosperous and entertaining as possible.

If anyone wanting to become a Judge needs anything to complete His/Her necessary requirements please contact me and I will try to meet your requirements.

I will try to maintain a Stressless enviroment for the Judges so that the Judges will have fun testing and wish to continue testing for UHEF.

If the contest becomes successful we may offer other benifits to suit the Judges Criteria.

We wish to hear from you and to the others, Good luck in the Contest.

If you wish to contact me concerning the contest please do.

Gerald L. Blakley
155 whaleview ct.
Crescent City Ca, 95531
Phone: (707)-464-0137
Please ask for Jerry concerning Bot Contest.

mikmoth:
Well, I'll be entering... this gives me half a month to polish up my bot. Looking forward to it.

Mik

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version