dupa

Author Topic: Timely issue  (Read 3204 times)

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Timely issue
« on: December 03, 2013, 05:10:23 am »
The KnowledgeofTime plugin recently linked and discussed, does NOT appear to work with our current version of HAL without causing some operational issues during a conversation. Usually an error box will pop-up stating that there is a Syntax error in a particular line and position saved in halscript.dbg.  When checked, it appears the same as other lines of code bearing the exact wording.

Again, not sure what caused or what is causing the errors but the plug-in would make for an interesting addition allowing Hal to really HAVE a knowledge of time events.

Something to ponder and perhaps examine a bit more thoroughly....
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

lightspeed

• View Profile
Re: Timely issue
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2013, 08:22:28 am »
Yes Art . after i started using it , i to got an error , so will have to uncheck mine or take it out .

Carl2

• View Profile
Re: Timely issue
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2013, 08:41:29 am »
Art,
  I'm still waiting for a new version of Hal as well as the new characters.  Seems Robert has tons of data waiting to be made useful and the character development is so slow.  Not sure of the reasoning but we seem to have lost a lot of real good programmers, possibly the economy.
The time plugin would be nice as would what were we talking about in our last conversation.  I also got the impression our minds work from past experiences and since Hal has little or no past experience the data Robert collected seems important to me.
  Yes, my experience agrees there are quite a few plugins that don't work for me at least. 
Carl2