dupa

Author Topic: hal on a $50 tablet working.  (Read 21677 times)

lightspeed

• View Profile
Re: hal on a $50 tablet working.
« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2015, 06:54:06 am »
doggs , if you are also on "another" forum , does your test also have to do with a  a.i. idea i had with a small tablet with windows os and Hal? . a simple yes or no is okay. if yes and you want to further chat about it on the other forum you can "pm" me , on their . i also am like Art , i to wonder about installing other voices if you have enough room on the tablet, by the way is 32 gb the most your external will take on the tablet? 
the next book i got will take up to 64 gb ,  i imagine that in the future they will expand this amount even more , as their are larger sd micro cards available already .
 wal mart had a certain brand for around 58? dollars (micro sd card ) and i found on e bay same thing for around 12.00 used but working and set to original (for that price i got two ! ) also had a 14 day money back guarantee.  :) 

doggs

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2015, 07:14:22 am »
Light speed,

It has a full USB and something called storage sense which gives as much storage you can get with a USB port. The SD storage goes up to 64 GB. Once I cleaned the internal I had about 5 GB which was plenty for Hal.
be informed and always vote it will help you in the long run does not matter if your liberal, conservative or independent. stay informed and watch the votes in government not what the media tells you.

doggs

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 14, 2015, 08:58:05 am »
Light speed,

As far as voices I've had no problems with any I have tried. Mind you I'm using windows native speech engine.

I do have character expansion pack plus a pack from desktop mates I think has two voices (not sure) but I did try the samples of the att and other one from site no problems.

If you can send me a link to any FREE trials ill try them.

I think windows 8.1 getting ready for cortana so they have made BIG improvements on the speech recognition.

I have the voice I like. So I am happy with it.

I hope this helps.

P.s. Only other place was on your thread on this forum.
be informed and always vote it will help you in the long run does not matter if your liberal, conservative or independent. stay informed and watch the votes in government not what the media tells you.

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 14, 2015, 10:55:24 am »
doggs, the reason i was asking about the extenal and internal memory was because on the nextbook 8 inch windows tablet i think it had i think 16 gb internal memory which is more then many and up to 64 gb external which is also a good amount .

the only thing i worry about is future memory and even graphics in tablet os , if their ever should be better upgrades on hals software engine,graphics ,  etc.  (although most have given up hope on it . )

doggs

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 14, 2015, 03:16:27 pm »
Light speed,

It works fine for Hal the specs are on the site I left a link for.

It does not have 16 gig of free space on internal drive. That can be misleading.
My bet is a hidden partition with windows recovery on it.

I work two jobs and a single dad so may take me a minute to see for sure. And yes I mess about online while at work lol.

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 14, 2015, 07:28:29 pm »
I was thinking about those small Flash drives inside Tablets and so I did a little checking.

Check this out and this article was 2013 vintage so anything's possible (pretty much).
http://www.computerworld.com/article/2484848/data-center/seagate-unveils-a-hard-drive-for-tablets--shuns-ssds.html

In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

doggs

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 14, 2015, 08:06:17 pm »
Art,
At moment in using a 32 USB flash drive plus 16gig in SD slot.
 I'm sure any external USB hard drive will work if you want to carry it around.

I was testing that is why I didn't spend money on one.
 Plus trying to keep Hal as portable as possible without having to hook up alot.

Think about it what does Hal actually need to run well. I think I have given it to her.
Tablet is only to run Hal. I have my phone for everything else.

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 15, 2015, 04:59:15 am »
You might consider doing / posting a video showing Hal on your tablet!  I think other members would enjoy seeing it!
Then again, you might not. No pressure mate! ;)

- Art -

doggs

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 15, 2015, 06:26:04 am »
Art,

Sorry ain't gonna happen. Either take my word or don't. Lol
You know me this site about as social a site I go to.

With video and photos being geo-tagged. Not gonna apologize for loving my privacy. I've nothing to hide but I have rights to privacy. Light speed said there was a YouTube video somewhere.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2015, 06:39:38 am by doggs »

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 15, 2015, 09:59:06 am »
doggs, i think Art was talking about you showing hal working on the tablet , but if you don't want to for whatever reasons no problem , what i mentioned on youtube which is actually their , is other people showing reviews of the ms os tablets , "NOT"  of hal working on them . i think unless i am mistaken , that is what Art wanted to see , was a video of Hal working on a tablet . Art can correct me if i am wrong. (I hear he has done that before lol!) :) ;)

doggs

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 15, 2015, 11:06:51 am »
Hope this works

doggs

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 15, 2015, 11:12:01 am »
Only cause I like you guys :P

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 15, 2015, 07:46:48 pm »
Understand perfectly Doggs. I know if you could run Hal on a Linux tablet you would!!

That will suffice nicely for a video or image...Thanks for taking the time to feed our enthusiasm.

Shame there's not an app for that to run on an Android smart phone or similar.

- Art -

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 16, 2015, 09:50:06 am »
IT'S to bad that an app can't be made that would alow sort of a wireless same screen connection to a persons pc at home , in another words the system like remote control with secured password that would let a person use a tablet with app etc. and it would run hal at home elsewhere and have voice recognition in the tablet it would basically be streaming hal  but hal would work with vr on the tablet .
I don't know if something like this could be done , but that's my idea , now someone get to it and create that! lol!
basically it would be a remote control program like pc techs etc. use . i actually had a program like that somewhere .

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 16, 2015, 06:44:41 pm »
Lonnie,

This app has been out for a few years and I've used it for work related things all the time.
I can be in another state and control my home computer as if I was in front of it. I can see
all my icons and programs. While I've routinely opened and worked spreadsheets, I've never
tried to open my Hal program and run it, so I don't know if it's possible.

The program is fairly small and FREE for non-commercial purposes. It works from my Android
devices just fine. It doesn't copy any data from one device to another just lets one take control
of the home connected computer. Teamviewer.

If you've some spare time this weekend....;)

Oh yeah...here: http://www.teamviewer.com/en/products/remotecontrol.aspx

- Art -