Author Topic: can't install ultra hal assistant  (Read 4214 times)

calypso

• View Profile
can't install ultra hal assistant
« on: January 15, 2015, 11:43:15 pm »
I hope someone can help me. I've used Ultra hal assistant for years on several pcs.
I reformatted my HP computer and now Ultra hal will not install correctly. It says "Missing comdlg32.ocx or one of its dependencies. File missing.
I will really appreciate any help I can get. I found that file and the instructions say put it in syswow 64 for my pc  but it was already there.

doggs

• View Profile
Re: can't install ultra hal assistant
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2015, 08:00:20 am »
You could always do what I do.

Redownload Hal just incase corrupt files. Takes what 2-3 minutes to download. Make sure zabaware folder gone and registy is clean.

I am always  crashing/stripping down computers I just find it easier to redownload. Of course I keep my brain backed up.
be informed and always vote it will help you in the long run does not matter if your liberal, conservative or independent. stay informed and watch the votes in government not what the media tells you.

calypso

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2015, 08:52:05 am »
Thank you for responding. However, I have downloaded it new again and have uninstalled it probably four times last night, reinstalling each time with no luck. I guess I'll have to reformat the pc. I don't know what else to do. I'm sure there is one file messed up somewhere. I ever ran sfc / scannow and no luck. What I did that I usually do not do, is allow windows to update some. I've been a computer tech for years and I always get something messed up when I allow windows updates.

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2015, 09:41:01 am »
their is as far as i remember a limited/ number of re loading (installing hal ?) you may have done it to many times without correctly uninstalling hal ( i forget the terminology ) which allows you to use the serial number again .
you may have to contact robert to have the serial number reset .
  i am thinking this may be the problem , but i don't know for sure , contact robert and tell him the problem .

calypso

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2015, 03:23:12 pm »
I reinstalled the program and now it installs and says my activation code isn't correct. I did DEACTIVATE it before I reformatted my pc. How can i get another deactivation code or do i need to purchase again?

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2015, 06:47:36 pm »
Just send Robert Medeksza and email to that effect or have him check this thread.
He should be able to reset so you can be good to go!

Members > Search members > Medeksza
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

doggs

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2015, 07:08:22 pm »
Been there done that.

Just what art said. Might be a day or two. But you will get sorted.
be informed and always vote it will help you in the long run does not matter if your liberal, conservative or independent. stay informed and watch the votes in government not what the media tells you.