dupa

Author Topic: Why are ppl avoiding TTS & AOL IM's???  (Read 2894 times)

Charmzbond

• View Profile
Why are ppl avoiding TTS & AOL IM's???
« on: May 12, 2006, 02:10:18 am »
TTS and AOL IM'S: Text To Speech reader and aol instant messages

I spent a good enough 30 minutes searching this forum from
every corner and cracks there is and it occured to me that
no one is either: interested or knowledgeable in addressing
this issue of TTS and AOL IM's. (I have three posts in the
speech forum but haven't received not a single response).
Every generation from 2004 to 2006 keeps asking and inquiring about this TTS and AOL IM's ISSUE. Why can't it be resolved once and for all? Below is a recent copy of similar concern by one of many
users interested in resolving the TTS & AOL IM'S issue!

tenkay10k
Starting Member

4 Posts
 Posted - 01/04/2006 :  19:23:11          
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys, I know that you need to go to the "options" menu, and make sure it is checked, but after I do that is there anything else I must do? Whenever I get an IM, it never reads it, so I was wondering if I am doing something wrong? Thanks in advance. :)
--------------------------------------------------------------------

I wonder too! Let me simplify this issue so we could get a REASONABLE and STRAIGHTFORWARD answer: In some rare cases, TTS has
been able to read AOL IM's but in most cases it's been a failure. What is the problem with TTS & AOL IM's and HOW can it be SOLVED via plugins or whatever means necessary.

P.S. Not talking about ultra hal aim bot

Medeksza

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.zabaware.com
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2006, 10:30:48 am »
I'm working on a new version of Ultra Hal Text-to-speech reader. The problem is if AOL, MSN, or Yahoo make major changes to their IM client than Ultra Hal TTS Reader isn't able to read from their windows. The current version of Ultra Hal TTS Reader was released in 2001, so a lot of changes have been made to AIM, MSN, and Yahoo clients since then that prevent it from working. I have no official release date yet for the new release, but I'm trying to shoot for July.
Robert Medeksza

Charmzbond

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2006, 03:54:24 pm »
quote:
Originally posted by Medeksza

I'm working on a new version of Ultra Hal Text-to-speech reader. The problem is if AOL, MSN, or Yahoo make major changes to their IM client than Ultra Hal TTS Reader isn't able to read from their windows. The current version of Ultra Hal TTS Reader was released in 2001, so a lot of changes have been made to AIM, MSN, and Yahoo clients since then that prevent it from working. I have no official release date yet for the new release, but I'm trying to shoot for July.

Thank you for the encouraging news. I was wondering about the status of the TTS with AIM instant messenger?