Author Topic: Voice  (Read 4669 times)

Coleyounger1962

• View Profile
Voice
« on: December 18, 2015, 05:55:32 pm »
Hi,
For some reason I can't get the voice to change. I click on the voice I want, I hit apply, it doesn't change. Am I not saving the voice right?

onthecuttingedge2005

Re: Voice
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2015, 06:51:09 pm »
Hi,
For some reason I can't get the voice to change. I click on the voice I want, I hit apply, it doesn't change. Am I not saving the voice right?

do you have speach recognition installed?

Coleyounger1962

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2015, 07:25:29 pm »
No. I do not use VR at this time.

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2015, 10:17:32 pm »
if you have  the full version of hal ,( not sure about the trial version) the voice should go ahead and change , in the hal option area when changing voices their is even a test area so you can see what the voice you are changing to , sounds like. as far as the default voice their aRE OTHER VOICES AND ROBERT , hals creator even sells other nicer voices that can be purchased .

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2015, 10:17:50 pm »
You should have at least one TTS voice as one comes with Windows. If you have chosen for Hal to Speak then check your speakers, volume, selection within Hal's interface or try another TTS enabled voice. You can always try Microsoft's Narrator to see if one is working!
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

raybe

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2016, 08:53:54 pm »
I guess later then never. There is also times where UltraHal will not register the new voice until you first select a Windows voice then go back and select your new voice. (options) speech selection window. This is sometimes more apparent in third party voices. Double check compatibility or list of usable voices that others have purchased.

raybe

Histogives

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2016, 10:46:44 pm »
I guess later then never. There is also times where UltraHal will not register the new voice until you first select a Windows voice then go back and select your new voice. (options) speech selection window. This is sometimes more apparent in third party voices. Double check compatibility or list of usable voices that others have purchased.

raybe

thank you for your idea. i will try your advice and looking forward to have a positive income.