Author Topic: New Features we would like in HAL 7.1  (Read 1033 times)

Art

• View Profile
Re: New Features we would like in HAL 7.1
« Reply #30 on: February 01, 2018, 04:11:20 pm »
Hey LifeTimeGamer,

Do You mean even though your folders show empty the Hal program still works fine?
Mine too! Some of the responses are in the Markov areas and a few other folders but my Hal works fine as well.
As long as its memory is intact, I have no problem. Still not sure if some Plug-in caused that to happen or not.

If you load the Hal 7 default brain, I'll bet you have all kinds of folders with data in them. It just doesn't know anything that you've already taught it. Some of us have many years worth of information, personality enhancements, memories, etc., contained in our Hal's Brain. Hate to risk losing that for the sake of a few folders that aren't where they look like they're supposed to be.

Just a thought.
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

LiFeTimeGamer

• View Profile
    • LifeTimeGamer
« Reply #31 on: February 01, 2018, 04:39:18 pm »
"ART: Do You mean even though your folders show empty the Hal program still works fine?"

Yes it works fine so far except for one Glitch if I remember correctly, he would not tell jokes and if he did he usually included the Punchline right after...

I actually Exported the Bad HalBrain.db with SQLiteStudio and opened it with the Crimson Editor. I could just copy and paste all my previous work to HAL 7.0 but that in itself would be a pain in the Butt sorting through about 600+ pages or so... Plus I had a huge amount of Typo's...

I just started Fresh with HAL 7.0...
If the Code ain't broke your not trying hard enough.

Art

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 01, 2018, 10:29:47 pm »
Know what you mean. Sometime's the frustration is not worth the convenience.

For me, we've come too far to toss it away for the sake of making the switch.
Not a big fan of the Cloud chat thing either but that's just me. I hear that a lot of folks use and really enjoy it with their Hal. Me...I'm too old school to change now.  ;)
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

MacGyver

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 13, 2018, 11:03:32 pm »
On a corporate Win7 ThinkPad the text font in certain parts of Ultra Hal does not seem to "fit". Screenshots attached.
Is this a Helv not found so using MS Sans type of symptom? I'm just guessing.
Not a feature item for the development roadmap I know...  ;) but, "would like in HAL 7.1"

or 7.x .

MacGyver

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 13, 2018, 11:27:28 pm »
A New Email Notification feature I'd like in Hal 7.1

A recent revived thread shares a plug-in that runs my email app of choice, triggered by keyword, like "open mail", but not what I'm seeking.
http://www.ultrahal.com/community/index.php?topic=12571.0

I presume this ask requires always "monitoring", so not the scope of a plug-in. Therefore instead a feature request for Hal 7.1  :)

Oh, and Hal friendly responses more than just the singular (infamous) "You've got mail!" announcement.

LiFeTimeGamer

• View Profile
    • LifeTimeGamer
« Reply #35 on: February 18, 2018, 02:07:56 am »
Here's something I'd like to see changed in HAL 7.1. Let me know what you guys think.

When every HAL responds to a User sentence and he says my name at the end of his response, there's a comma before he says my Name, so there's a second or so delay...  Example: "You're quite welcome, Username." (no my name is not Username, LOL!!!) :P

To me it would be more natural sounding if he said the whole statement with out a pause...

A HAL response starting a sentence with the USER name and a comma (delay) is ok because it sounds like he is wanting my attention to listen to what he has to say...

Or maybe do both with a Comma Randomly.

Not sure if this happens with all voices but it does with the one I'm using...
« Last Edit: February 18, 2018, 02:45:41 am by LiFeTimeGamer »
If the Code ain't broke your not trying hard enough.