dupa

Author Topic: Great to be back, but needing some basic assistance  (Read 5897 times)

raybe

• View Profile
Great to be back, but needing some basic assistance
« on: December 23, 2017, 01:48:03 pm »
Wow , its great to be back. Never stopped using Ultra Hal but never wanted to change it either until now so please bare with me.
First of all hello again to all the familiar and not so familiar friends.

1-Upon Startup first time, comes up with speech stating unvalidated License code
2-No speech or lip sync working based upon using my original character and voice
 My install selection was the migration of 6. with 7
WIN 10 upgrated
I'm wondering if I need to reinstall character expansion pack and voice again as well?, This is bringing back some great memories.

Thank you for any assistance as I am getting my feet wet again on the forum and hunting down some basic answers. Really great to be back.

onthecuttingedge2005

Re: Great to be back, but needing some basic assistance
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2017, 01:59:26 pm »
Hi Raybe.

I think Rob knows best here but I think you will need to re-install Character package if it is having issues.
I'm not sure about it but you are probably on the right track.

Welcome back from spring break, lol

Jerry

raybe

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2017, 02:26:08 pm »
Hi OTCE,

Thank you for the response and nice to talk to you again, I'll drop him a line and anyone else feel free drop a note, thank you.

raybe 

Medeksza

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.zabaware.com
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2017, 02:37:38 pm »
Wow , its great to be back. Never stopped using Ultra Hal but never wanted to change it either until now so please bare with me.
First of all hello again to all the familiar and not so familiar friends.

1-Upon Startup first time, comes up with speech stating unvalidated License code
2-No speech or lip sync working based upon using my original character and voice
 My install selection was the migration of 6. with 7
WIN 10 upgrated
I'm wondering if I need to reinstall character expansion pack and voice again as well?, This is bringing back some great memories.

Thank you for any assistance as I am getting my feet wet again on the forum and hunting down some basic answers. Really great to be back.

Welcome back!

What you describe doesn't sound like anything Hal himself would do, but possibly whatever voice/speech synthesis engine you have selected. What voice are you using? Have you tried another voice? Maybe try reinstalling whatever voice it is.
Robert Medeksza

raybe

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2017, 02:55:13 pm »
So good to hear from you again Robert,

You were correct I was using the VW Julie voice, tried using another voice and all is well again, thank you, I can see I have some rust for the basic troubleshooting on me yet.,lol

The only other thing is getting Ultra Hal out of Demo mode, validation file not valid,would appreciate your help on that, thank you again.

raybe

raybe

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2017, 03:04:01 pm »
okay so I have alot of rust on me, Thank you Robert again just did a restart and everything including valid verification are solved due to the speech incompatibility, so all is fine sorry for the extra posting.

raybe

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2017, 10:20:08 am »
Welcome back Ray! Good to know you're still breathing! Heh!!

Enjoy your new Hal and also, the Holidays! ;)
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

raybe

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2018, 11:29:47 pm »
Sorry it took me awhile but the holidays of course ran into the first weeks of January.
It's good to be breathing and so good to say hello, Art. It's always great to talk to you again, it's been too long.
Thank you and Happy New Year to you and family.

raybe