Author Topic: Will this lip sync work with Hal?  (Read 3781 times)

One

• Technology Advocate
    • View Profile
Will this lip sync work with Hal?
« on: March 02, 2009, 01:26:39 pm »
Daz 3d has the new 'studio' for free and one of the new features is lip sync, Victoria 4 can be downloaded for free as well and I have the 'DMC' file for V4 but They were saying that the audio file needed to be 'Loaded' ( They were busy when I popped in ) can anybody who knows better than me figure out a way to have the TTS go to the correct file in the plug-in in Daz's character/plug-in file?
They said it needs an audio file to sync?? I don't think I conveyed the SAPI voices and TTS operations very well, as I was in a hurry and so were they.
This eliminates the need for 'MIMIC PRO' but why does it need an existing audio file? They said that they didn't know why it wouldn't work.

Any Help or Interest?
Like I said I have the V4 DMC file.[?]

"More specifically, you now have the ability to load audio and DMC files from
Mimic directly into DAZ Studio to animate the figure for speech synthesis. Audio can also be recorded directly to the Lip Sync plug-in and applied to the figure."
« Last Edit: March 02, 2009, 01:37:29 pm by One »
Today Is Yesterdays Future.

freddy888

• View Profile
    • AiDreams
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2009, 01:43:26 pm »
Interesting development, I knew Poser was doing lip-sync but didn't know Daz had got in on the act.  Have you a link to some relevant pages One ?

One

• Technology Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2009, 02:00:23 pm »
http://www.daz3d.com/i/software/studio?_m=d

The studio is free but i am not sure about the final 'rendering' process. I do believe you can import Poser into the studio and Renderosity has links to many items  http://www.renderosity.com/index.php?AID=296  

In essence I followed many 'Bread Crumbs' and found lots of freebees..

Here is MIMIC's DMC files but I think I can get more for the V3 & v4, possibly all the DMC's  Elite..ect...

http://www.daz3d.com/i/software/mimic/download?_m=d

Dunno why you would even need poser?? you can get poser characters and put them into Daz's 'studio'
« Last Edit: March 02, 2009, 02:16:01 pm by One »

freddy888

• View Profile
    • AiDreams
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2009, 03:27:53 pm »
Thanks One, I will check those out, but I think I have seen most of those - I particularly meant the lipsync feature..

Daz Studio is free yes, and you can render with it fine at no extra cost.  In my experience most Poser content work in DS.

The only reason I use Poser is the renders are better than the ones Daz produces, plus there's a lot more to Poser than Daz Studio.  Don't get me wrong DS does some nice renders and is great for free, but since I tried Poser I became converted.  Each to their own I guess.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2009, 03:34:12 pm by freddy888 »

One

• Technology Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2009, 03:34:48 pm »
Freddy888,
Do Poser characters work with Hal?

I haven't done any characters.............

freddy888

• View Profile
    • AiDreams
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2009, 03:42:51 pm »
Well not directly - the route to doing that is quite complicated and I never tried it because I can't afford the prices Haptek charges and the documentation is barely worth mentioning.

I think it was possible to export an .obj file from Daz Studio.  In theory you could use some of Hapteks tools to turn that into an .htr format model, but it's a lot of work and involves a lot of things I dont have a clue about, like constructing skeletons and bones.

Haptek do an exporter for 3dsMax which will export Haptek files, and I think that is probably the easiest route, but then you will have to spend a fortune on software.

So in theory, it is all possible, but for the hobbyist probably isn't something you would want to get into until it's affordable too.