dupa

Poll

Will Ultra Hal work on ubuntu platform?

0 (0%)
1 (100%)

Total Members Voted: 1

Author Topic: Will Ultra Hal work on ubuntu platform?  (Read 4484 times)

Grimsey1986

• View Profile
Will Ultra Hal work on ubuntu platform?
« on: March 06, 2011, 05:22:15 pm »
hi sorry if this has been asked before but i have just change my computer platform from windows Vista to Ubuntu and i was wondering if hal will run on Ubuntu?

thanks for your reply in advance

Andy

freddy888

• View Profile
    • AiDreams
Re: Will Ultra Hal work on ubuntu platform?
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2011, 06:34:18 am »
Hal is for Windows.   There is a windows emulator called Wine, but I am not sure if anyone has got that to work.

spydaz

• View Profile
    • http://www.spydazweb.co.uk/
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2011, 06:53:16 am »
IM Not sure about Umbuntu / Linyx .... But you may be able to build an interface for it....

Im not sure How ActiveX and Dlls/ocx work on Umbuntu... But you could essentially write an Interface which displays your HAL on a WEB PAGED FORMAT!

You would have to use vbWEBExpress to create IT in windows First / or Dreams weaver (if You HAve to)

Grimsey1986

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2011, 12:29:43 pm »
thank you both for your replys i think i will just put the windows Xp on the system before i get hal.

Thank you both again!

Andy

jbig808

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2011, 05:14:42 pm »
Try virtualbox (virtualbox.org) Ive very successfully ran Hal in virtual Windows 7.  Even got his windows cepstral voice working also.  Its free too.  Just drop in your windows cd when you start it up and set your virtual windows to have as much resources as you can spare.  let me know if you hit a snag and I can try to help. 

Grimsey1986

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2011, 06:50:12 pm »
thanks for the reply jbig808 but i am just putting Xp back on the system then tomorrow i will be instaling hal onto Xp as it seams like most people have been using it with Hal i just like the way Ubuntu works and runs seams to be faster and has less virus threats lol.

jbig808

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2011, 10:48:17 pm »
Before you get rid of Ubuntu give it one more try with Virtualbox.  Virtualbox runs in ubuntu and allows you to boot into XP inside of Ubuntu.   You need a decent machine to get decent results.  It is pretty easy to get Hal up and running but other things may not run well like some games