Author Topic: looking for a way to do this  (Read 2334 times)

drgsldr69

• View Profile
looking for a way to do this
« on: March 07, 2011, 04:38:46 pm »
Ok basically I am looking for a way to use hal and have it able to not just iopen programs but also use them. is there a way this can be done? I have seen other chat bots that can access games in web browsers and learn how to play the game. However what I would like it to do is to be able to learn from a ebook or text document. that way I could just, for lack of a better word, insert the book into hal and he now knows everything that book had to say.

By doing this I believe it would greatly increase Hal's capabilities, and allow him to learn 1000 times faster. Combine that with the ability to actually use programs on the computer and you would have him able to not only learn from txt documents or books but also use that knowledge to help teach.

raybe

• View Profile
Re: looking for a way to do this
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2011, 09:38:41 pm »
drgsldr69,
Others would know more than I but there is just a little contradiction with this example. It would take a lot of coding for Ultra Hal to learn a lot just by the inputted information and at the same time enable him to learn faster.

The whole process revolves those 2 basic issues. 1-How much usable knowledge by how the information is inputted. 2- How to have a program decipher so much information that it would be effective.(Speed)

SIDE NOTE: Would everyday users today be able to own a system that all this would be possible?  Just My Opinion.

raybe