Author Topic: win 8  (Read 7109 times)

doggs

• View Profile
win 8
« on: February 29, 2012, 11:34:01 pm »
downloading win 8 preview now.set up says sarah "hal" will run in it. if your intrested ill keep you posted.
be informed and always vote it will help you in the long run does not matter if your liberal, conservative or independent. stay informed and watch the votes in government not what the media tells you.

doggs

• View Profile
Re: win 8
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2012, 01:18:05 am »
so far so good
be informed and always vote it will help you in the long run does not matter if your liberal, conservative or independent. stay informed and watch the votes in government not what the media tells you.

sybershot

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2012, 06:08:43 pm »
That is nice to know, thanks for informing us  ;)
I might upgrade to windows 8 one day, nice to know our Hals are compatible  ;D

doggs

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2012, 06:50:53 pm »
yeah beta testing of win 8 consumer started yesterday. thought I would give it a try as you never know what os you are gonna find on one of my comps plan on doing a lot with hal later tonight after I do my research paper.

still no problems

doggs

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2012, 06:56:30 pm »
just noticed I had to use a different voice as the one I had set up didn't work but there was a new voice and it even sounds better than the one I was using  ;D

doggs

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2012, 12:29:24 am »
still no problems so I would say yes win 8 and "hal" are friends.

michael

levoskyboon

• save trees
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2012, 06:18:16 am »
win 8 has a bit extra edge if they are not friends.

sybershot

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2012, 09:03:40 am »
I started using windows this weekend, I have had no issues with Hal either.
windows 8 came with a new voice, and It is not all that bad of a voice.
I will try and get a video up this week if all goes well. This way you all can hear the new voice  :)

doggs

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2012, 01:24:58 pm »
cool nice to see I am not the only one checking win 8 out. I don't know all the ins and outs of sarah "hal" so a more experienced person would give better feedback.

michael

sybershot

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2012, 11:25:47 am »
I will try and get a video up this week if all goes well. This way you all can hear the new voice  :)
Camstudio does not work with my windows 8, I even tried compatibility mode and no dice.

Sorry I can't make a video, unless some one has any suggestions.

error
Code: [Select]
The application has failed to start because its side by side configuration is incorrect
I hope I was not being intrusive, when I posted my findings. I was only trying to assist.
I don't know all the ins and outs of sarah "hal" so a more experienced person would give better feedback.
Don't be so hard on yourself. You do a great job helping out the community, and your feedback is up to par :)
keep up the great work, your wisdom is valuable to us all.

doggs

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2012, 02:31:43 am »
grins* no worries im very busy with lots of things and the more input the better.

michael

doggs

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2012, 08:48:57 pm »
went back to win7 my game eq2 doesnt work nicely with it due to graphics grrr. i will say never had a problem with sarah on win 8 used dreams, questions, and a few research plugins for testing no problems so if you go to win 8 i forsee no problems with "hal" maybe some of the plug ins but other than that oh you get a new voice engine as well and a new cleaner voice (female)