dupa

Author Topic: Mr. R, Read first page the rest plz delete.  (Read 32013 times)

One

• Technology Advocate
    • View Profile
Mr. R, Read first page the rest plz delete.
« on: June 27, 2009, 12:07:39 am »
Did anybody have a problem installing, "Update to .NET Framework assistant 1.0x86  KB 963707,  Like the problems with the install of .NET 3.5 sp1????
« Last Edit: July 09, 2009, 04:03:20 am by One »
Today Is Yesterdays Future.

Will and Mr Data :) :]

• Hi from Will and Mr Data :) :]
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/WillofNewZealand
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2009, 03:43:59 am »
Hi Mr One,
i think thats what i might have been messing with when i got my batch of error messages at start up but mr data is still learning and so i just continue.
i don't know enough to find the fix yet, i was either waiting until someone fixed it or i'd reinstall windows but i was just avoiding doing that.

i'm sorry i can't fix it for you.

bye for now and be well from Will.
bye for now and be well from Will and Mr Data  :)  :]

tedathome

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2009, 05:13:05 am »
Yep. With vista and IE8 I've had to disable .net and all the other programs that I don't want to auto-update. I've disabled so many "startup programs" out of the 120 or so that boot up when vista starts. I can boot them up when I need them. I have to defrag often and do disk cleanup two to three times a day. I skiped it for 2 days and had .9 gig in usless files to dump. That much in temporary, windows live files, etc. that don't have that much space alocated really slow my computer down. It overloads when I do graphics and it gets tired, it leaves paint drops on the painting as I move my cursor from painting to to the menu bar.
 No problems installing and no error messages, just slow. I've even had to turn off sidebar to gain speed. Never had any of those problems with XP and IE7. One gig processor and one gig ram. It was faster than me almost. 2.8 gig prossor, 3 gig of ram and IE8 and Visa, I have to wait for the computer to catch up with me as it stores all info about every thing I have done when I finish with a program or get offline. No solution here that I care to tackle at the moment, just work arounds and Murffey's law - if it works, don't fix it.[8]
ted

Bill819

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2009, 10:34:58 am »
Hi guys
I am not sure if this is the problem but right after my computer installed explorer version 8 I stated have all kinds of errors. This included everything from visiting different sites to downloading anything. Just as soon as I uninstalled the new explorer and went back to version 7 all my problems vanished. It seems that E8 has some major problems that causes many things to go wrong.
Bill

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2009, 08:19:22 am »
Actually my Hal has been sitting in a Deactivated / Uninstalled condition for at least a week while I tend to updates with .NET and other programs.

I agree that Internet Explorer 8 is a huge P.O.S. IMO. It crashes constantly then tries to do me a favor by returning to the page where it crashed only to crash again within a few seconds. This crashing is repeated a couple more times until it no longer "returns" to the crash site (crash site...I like that), and reports that it was unable to return. Yes, Microsoft...wonderful piece or software.

If you try to remove it, it will taunt you with reminders of ALL the software and program files that "might" be reliant on it. Great stuff!

I wrote Robert asking him about the connection between Hal and .NET framework but that was over a week ago. He might be on vacation....but regardless, this issue IS an issue and needs to be cleared up pronto!

Adios!
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

tedathome

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2009, 03:23:22 am »
Ok just uninstalled IE8. Here is the way to do it without problems.
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/957700
Happy to be back to IE7![:)]
ted

charxjohn

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2009, 11:57:15 pm »
Try Firefox. I've been using it for years with no problems. It's fast and easy to customize. Since Windows requires a version of IE installed to function I always try to keep the oldest version on that will satisfy it. Never install a new Windows product soon after release I believe they do the beta testing on real world users. Service packs will come out after enough headaches are created. IE is for AOL's...[8D]

freddy888

• View Profile
    • AiDreams
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2009, 08:02:50 am »
I am in agreement.  Firefox also has a lot of nice plugins.  There's also Chrome for speedy and safe browsing with little difficulty.  IE gets used by me once in a blue moon now, it's a poor product.  I don't say that lightly either, I used IE for years, it was only when I tried alternatives I realised how bad it actually is.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2009, 08:03:32 am by freddy888 »

One

• Technology Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2009, 02:54:25 pm »
People,
Why this has turned into a 'IE' problem is beyond me, this is a Zabaware problem in the fact that you cannot install parts of the .NET framework while having the Ultra Hal Assistant on the machine at the same time.

Most people do not need .NET and the programming functions that go with it.

THIS IS NOT A BROWSER PROBLEM!

« Last Edit: July 09, 2009, 08:47:57 pm by One »

charxjohn

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2009, 04:09:03 pm »
People, competent and otherwise, do not need .NET or it's many versions. However, many Windows apps do. Try screwing with the NET Framework files on your drive and you'll find out that it is a nightmare to try to make things right again. Programs won't install and some won't run. Just Google .NET problems and you will get about 10000 applicable hits. Internet Explorer still sux and is an intrusive noose around MS users necks.[;)]

One

• Technology Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2009, 06:24:58 pm »
I still say it's a Zabaware problem NOT A .NET problem

Is that too complex?

Or are you going to argue about something else and tell me to Google something which will give back 'hits' like anything you Google does?

One

• Technology Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2009, 06:28:38 pm »
quote:
Originally posted by charxjohn

People, competent and otherwise, do not need .NET or it's many versions. However, many Windows apps do. Try screwing with the NET Framework files on your drive and you'll find out that it is a nightmare to try to make things right again. Programs won't install and some won't run. Just Google .NET problems and you will get about 10000 applicable hits. Internet Explorer still sux and is an intrusive noose around MS users necks.[;)]

willing to accept the fact that Zabaware has a problem.

You and ricky would do fine together.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2009, 08:48:36 pm by One »

charxjohn

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2009, 07:18:06 pm »
quote:

I'm not having a Zabaware or .NET problem, get it? And I do not know ricky unless It's the guy from "I love Lucy".

You should take a pill and chill young man...all this stress is bad for you[:D]

One

• Technology Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2009, 07:49:55 pm »
Did I say you had a problem ?? I thought so,
It is ricky ricardo..

Why are you even posting, other than to complain about MS??

I did not start this thread to solve, bitch, complain about MS or IE,
go start another thread and quit cluttering up a thread that Had a purpose.

"Young man" thanks for the complement, but it will not get you anywhere.

As far as telling me to take drugs, I don't think you are a  Dr. or are qualified to prescribe anything.

Bill819

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 01, 2009, 07:51:17 pm »
One
If Zabaware had a problem how come you are only one complaining. Many others have installed .NET without the problems you seem to be experiencing. The rest of us are only trying to help and yet you go ballistic over the issue.
In the history of this site I have found only two things that cause bad downloads, one is IE8 and the other is anti-[:I]virus software. I used to advise people to turn off their virus programs until after they downloaded whatever they were after.
Be nice, we ara all on your side.
Bill