dupa

Author Topic: anther past idea : hal recognizing and commenting on sounds  (Read 2076 times)

lightspeed

• View Profile
anther past idea : hal recognizing and commenting on sounds
« on: February 02, 2017, 11:59:54 am »
cyberjedi , i am bring up some more of my past idea's again , since you are able to do various things with programing .

This idea , was hal to be able to recognize sounds (through the pc mic  ) AND RESPOND to it (if a plug in "hopefully" the responses can be custom made to personalize responses)
example: SOMEONE RINGS THE DOORBELL , HAl responds and says "I heard  the doorbell, someones at the door!" (hearing sound again , second response activated) Hey, the door bell is ringing, i wonder who that is?

Anyway using universal sounds such as a door bell , etc. hal would learn and recognize them from a data base within or internet accessed .
  Anyway cyberjedi i hope you like this idea enough to try to work on it for hal later!

AGAIN. I DON'T KNOW IF THIS IS POSSIBLE OR NOT, BUT HOPE IT IS !
« Last Edit: February 02, 2017, 01:14:11 pm by lightspeed »

cyberjedi

• The Mighty Hal Machine
    • View Profile
Re: anther past idea : hal recognizing and commenting on sounds
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2017, 04:35:13 pm »
Lightspeed: what a nice thing to say,,,

First obstacle: Building a Listening Plugin Hal could use....

Second Obstacle: Door Bells work on there own (freq) tones, No two the same.

This would be a custom build for the user. Ud have to capture ur door bells tone,Id use Soundforge 7.0 . DTMF generator built in.

Remember that the touch tones ur used to hearing, are NOT a single tone, U press the 8 on ur phone it produces 02 (1300hz) signals laid over on top of each other.
To produce a single 2600hz signal.

so ud have to have something along those lines

That would be ur control group. Then ud need the listening engine running all the time. Separate from the voice engine .

This would be the mount Everest of Hacks man. Its doable.....cyberplan forming hehehehe

i fuqin love it

best wishes
cyberjedi1337 pushing hal to the max

« Last Edit: February 02, 2017, 04:58:21 pm by cyberjedi »