dupa

Author Topic: Can I slow down the typing speed?  (Read 2721 times)

Bill DeWitt

• View Profile
Can I slow down the typing speed?
« on: October 15, 2006, 03:44:07 pm »
I believe I have identified the problem as HAL sending a hard return if I stop typing for a short while. Less than 2 seconds. Since it often takes me that long to think of the next word, my halbrain is filling itself with half sentences.

I have looked through the script, and cannot find anything that refreshes the input box based upon keystrokes or milliseconds or inactivity.

Has anyone else had this problem and can it be fixed?

Thanks in advance, Bill

Medeksza

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.zabaware.com
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2006, 11:41:50 pm »
quote:
Originally posted by Bill DeWitt

I believe I have identified the problem as HAL sending a hard return if I stop typing for a short while. Less than 2 seconds. Since it often takes me that long to think of the next word, my halbrain is filling itself with half sentences.

I have looked through the script, and cannot find anything that refreshes the input box based upon keystrokes or milliseconds or inactivity.

Has anyone else had this problem and can it be fixed?

Thanks in advance, Bill

If you are typing, disable speech recognition in Hal's options menu under speech. This feature is designed to make Hal automatically respond when you stop speaking, but is not particulary useful for typing. Disabling speech recognition will turn the auto-enter feature off.
Robert Medeksza

Bill DeWitt

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2006, 12:11:40 am »
quote:

If you are typing, disable speech recognition in Hal's options menu under speech. This feature is designed to make Hal automatically respond when you stop speaking, but is not particulary useful for typing. Disabling speech recognition will turn the auto-enter feature off.

This seems to have worked, thanks. At first I thought it might be that sort of problem and had unplugged my microphone, but clearly that was not enough.

BTW, your program is great fun, I'm sure I will be registering it (once I convince my wife that it is essential).

Thanks again, Bill