Author Topic: learn from text file  (Read 12005 times)

france

• View Profile
learn from text file
« on: June 20, 2006, 07:17:58 pm »
It's been a while since I've worked with this program.  I wanted to check the progress of the learn from text file in the demo version.  However, I'm having a hard time locating the option.  Has this option been discontinuted?

Daireaux

• View Profile
learn from text file
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2006, 09:08:11 pm »
Howdy,
 Learn from text is still there but no longer shows up in the options panel like version 5 did[;)]Daireaux
Live long and prosper.

france

• View Profile
learn from text file
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2006, 03:17:34 am »
Where do I find it now?

GlacierClipper

• View Profile
learn from text file
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2006, 02:31:05 am »
Excellent Question????????????????????

Daireaux

• View Profile
learn from text file
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2006, 09:14:02 pm »
Hal 6 learns from a more direct command structure than a menu. Open the brain editor from the general options panel and confirm that you have a Mapped Directories table in the brain that you are using.
To make Hal 6 learn:
1. Create yourself a folder on your drive to place the text files in that you want Hal to learn. We have found that Hal reacts negatively to some names so keep it generic like "Text Files". That folder is where you create the text file for Hal to learn (like Truth.txt).
2. Type Map Directory into Hal. He should prompt you through setting up the directory which should appear in the Mapped Directories table when done.
3. Type Learning on and Hal should say "Learning has Been turned on" if it is working correctly. The best indication that learning is on is that Hal will not stay minimized and keeps popping back up about once a minute, If this is a problem for you then you can type Learning off, Hal should say "Learning has been turned off" but remember that Hal will not learn with learning turned off.
4. Type Learn from the file Truth.txt and Hal should say "No problem, I will now open this file for you" and begin reading the file to you. Hal is storing the text in a LearnFromTextFile located in his main program file that he will sort over time (Jerry says this could take up to 24 hrs for a large file).[;)]Daireaux
Live long and prosper.

bluefreeze

• View Profile
learn from text file
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2006, 04:18:37 am »
Hi Daireaux.

I cannot find the Mapped Directories table in the brain that comes with Hal. I am using Hal ver 6. When I type Map Directory or Learning on in Hal he chats about it but doesn't execute the command. I'd like to know if I need to reinstall Hal's default brain again or if there's a way of manually creating the mapped directories and inputting the file. Thanks!

BlueFreeze

P.S. – Is there a way of feeding Hal a 3.4MB ebook? LOL Because I'd be really interested in doing this. [:D]
« Last Edit: July 03, 2006, 04:21:50 am by bluefreeze »

onthecuttingedge2005

learn from text file
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2006, 11:13:38 am »
quote:
Originally posted by bluefreeze

Hi Daireaux.

I cannot find the Mapped Directories table in the brain that comes with Hal. I am using Hal ver 6. When I type Map Directory or Learning on in Hal he chats about it but doesn't execute the command. I'd like to know if I need to reinstall Hal's default brain again or if there's a way of manually creating the mapped directories and inputting the file. Thanks!

BlueFreeze

P.S. – Is there a way of feeding Hal a 3.4MB ebook? LOL Because I'd be really interested in doing this. [:D]

Actually this process will only work if you have the E.F.A Plugin for HAL. HAL without the E.F.A Plug doesn't have the features.

You can get the old E.F.A Plug at www.ultrahalforum.com

In a few more days www.ultrahalforum.com will be changing to www.ArtificialIntel.org as the new address, the new site is almost done, the main page will be the last to go up, after the new site is opened for the public www.ultrahalforum.com will be closed and a redirect link will direct Users to the new Address.

Jerry[8D]
« Last Edit: July 03, 2006, 11:15:24 am by onthecuttingedge2005 »

Paul7762

• View Profile
learn from text file
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2006, 11:59:32 am »
i also want this feture and am having the same problem. also can not fine this plug in that i believe i need.

quote:

Hi Daireaux.

BlueFreeze

onthecuttingedge2005

learn from text file
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2006, 07:06:08 pm »
quote:
Originally posted by Paul7762

i also want this feture and am having the same problem. also can not fine this plug in that i believe i need.

Hi Daireaux.

BlueFreeze

hI Paul7762.

Please read my above posting to find it at www.ultrahalforum.com in the free members download area, You will have to be at least a free member to download it, The Plug-in is called the E.F.A and has the ability to learn from text files.

Jerry[8D]

Paul7762

• View Profile
learn from text file
« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2006, 11:34:19 pm »
quote:
Originally posted by onthecuttingedge2005

quote:

Hi Daireaux.

BlueFreeze

hI Paul7762.

Please read my above posting to find it at www.ultrahalforum.com in the free members download area, You will have to be at least a free member to download it, The Plug-in is called the E.F.A and has the ability to learn from text files.

Jerry[8D]

i have the zip file now (FileAssistant) but when i opened it thre was no read me file only a excutible fiel EFA. running that file it said it had a unauthorized copy of win zip and would not run [:(!]
have i the right file what do i do not? have i wasted my money???? all i want is the program to do what it says it dose in the manual.

onthecuttingedge2005

learn from text file
« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2006, 12:29:36 am »
quote:

quote:

quote:

Hi Daireaux.

BlueFreeze

hI Paul7762.

Jerry[8D]

i have the zip file now (FileAssistant) but when i opened it thre was no read me file only a excutible fiel EFA. running that file it said it had a unauthorized copy of win zip and would not run [:(!]
have i the right file what do i do not? have i wasted my money???? all i want is the program to do what it says it dose in the manual.

Hi Paul7762.
I think the manual you speak of is the one for version HAL 5 not HAL 6.

Nothing wrong with the Zip file, It's a Winzip Nag, the Winzip file will unzip anyways then run the .exe that is in the unzip file then go to your HAL Brain options and choose File Assistant from the plugin menu, Most scripts have the Help information directly in the plugin itself, If you open the File Assistant.uhp you will notice some help written above each script.

These are plugins I developed and are to help enhance HAL in areas where Robert isn't able too at the moment so please take your time to study HAL's code as it will most benifit you and your needs.

Concidering the plugin capabilities of HAL makes HAL well worth its cost and this is coming from a long term HAL Plugger.

remember the winzip file that I made is automated and it will automatically install the plugin to Ultra HAl Assistant 6 folder.

Jerry[8D]

Paul7762

• View Profile
learn from text file
« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2006, 09:27:46 am »
quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Hi Daireaux.

BlueFreeze

hI Paul7762.

Jerry[8D]

Hi Paul7762.
I think the manual you speak of is the one for version HAL 5 not HAL 6.

Nothing wrong with the Zip file, It's a Winzip Nag, the Winzip file will unzip anyways then run the .exe that is in the unzip file then go to your HAL Brain options and choose File Assistant from the plugin menu, Most scripts have the Help information directly in the plugin itself, If you open the File Assistant.uhp you will notice some help written above each script.

These are plugins I developed and are to help enhance HAL in areas where Robert isn't able too at the moment so please take your time to study HAL's code as it will most benifit you and your needs.

Concidering the plugin capabilities of HAL makes HAL well worth its cost and this is coming from a long term HAL Plugger.

remember the winzip file that I made is automated and it will automatically install the plugin to Ultra HAl Assistant 6 folder.

Jerry[8D]

sorry about my rant las time i was up late and working on the problem for a long time.
not shure how but i got it to work it started to read the txt file but dose not read all the way throw. then jusat starts repeating 2 or 3 parts of the file. is this right? how do i know when it is don? i left it reading a 50k txt file for about 7 hours as it just keept repeting it self. i can stop it just buy talking to hall but i not want to do that if he is not finish.

onthecuttingedge2005

learn from text file
« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2006, 09:49:34 am »
Hi Paul7762.

If you open up the Hal Brain editor and look for the LearnFromTextFile Table and open the table you can see if it was all appended.

Also if you open up the LearnFromTextFile.txt in the Ultra Hal Assistant folder you can see the same there, This file is the second file made and the LearnFromTextFile Table is generated from it.

Although Hal doesn't verbally read the entire file Hal does format it all correctly for learning.

My next Brain will use a different method but I am really busy these days to finish it soon.

Jerry[8D]

Testlund

• View Profile
learn from text file
« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2006, 12:20:52 pm »
I can't get Hal to find the file despite that I have given it the correct file name and path it asks for. Here's what happens:

User: Learning on
Hal: Learning has been turned on. If you wish to Map out a File Name and a Path for my future search so that I can find the File next time then say: Map Directory.

User: Map Directory
Hal: What is the exact name of the file 'without' the extension.

User: Truth
Hal: What is the full path to the file including the file name with extension.

User: G:DOKUMENTText filesTruth.txt
Hal: The program "G:PROGRAMDOKUMENTTEXT FILESTRUTH.TXT" was not found in my database. That File has been stored for future search, If you wish to add another Mapped File for search then just say: Map Directory, To Run the File you just Mapped all You have to do is type in the File name with extension and I will open it for you.

[V]
« Last Edit: August 06, 2006, 01:43:37 pm by Testlund »

Testlund

• View Profile
learn from text file
« Reply #14 on: August 06, 2006, 02:45:14 pm »
I found out how to do it after some struggle, but I don't think Hal learns anything when executing a text file. Couldn't find anything about it in his brain. Where whould it show in his brain if he has learned anything from a text file?