Author Topic: Ultra Hal Assistant 6.2 Release Candidate 2  (Read 18168 times)

raybe

• View Profile
Ultra Hal Assistant 6.2 Release Candidate 2
« Reply #30 on: February 01, 2009, 05:26:25 pm »
Hi lightspeed,

The screen shots you showed look like my hal 6.2.2 upgraded brain which I thought was the brain that migrated new and old DB. When I opened the tables I noticed a small amount of data from my original 6.1 upgraded brain. That is the same reason I posted earlier. Then I thought the new hal 6.2 was maybe taking info from both brains but you showed that your original lost the information and did not migrate to any other new brain, the default or upgraded 6.2.2.  Hope Robert or some one can explain maybe a little slower about what actions to the brains, original and new actually takes place.

Thanks,
raybe

raybe

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 01, 2009, 05:35:12 pm »
Sorry I posted after you answered the question Robert. I think that utility will help me in my particular situation because the brain I was originally using was not the hal 6.1 default but the 6.1 enhanced brain.

The only question is if you were to open whatever custom brain you were using with 6.2.2 would you not see all that original information or is the editor in 6.2.2 setup in such a way that the information is not all read?
Thanks,
raybe

Medeksza

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.zabaware.com
« Reply #32 on: February 01, 2009, 05:38:23 pm »
This is the actual code the upgrade wizard uses to upgrade your old 6.1 brain to 6.2. Comments should explain what it does:
Code: [Select]
   'Open new Hal 6.2 script and save to a string changing references from HalBrain.DB to Hal6Upg.db
    ff = FreeFile
    Open "hal6.uhp" For Input As #ff
        OldHalBackup = Input(LOF(ff), ff)
        OldHalBackup = Replace(OldHalBackup, "HalBrain.DB", "Hal6Upg.db", 1, -1, vbTextCompare)
    Close #ff
    'Make a copy of the 6.2 script in a new script file, changing reference of "Ultra Hal 6.2 Default Brain" to "Ultra Hal 6.2 Upgraded Brain"
    ff = FreeFile
    Open "hal6upg.uhp" For Output As #ff
        Print #ff, Replace(OldHalBackup, "Ultra Hal 6.2 Default Brain", "Ultra Hal 6.2 Upgraded Brain", 1, -1, vbTextCompare)
    Close #ff
    'Destroy backup script
    Kill "hal6bak.uhp"
    'Make a copy of the old database (that setup.exe made) and name it Hal6Upg.db
    FileCopy "Hal6Old.DB", "Hal6Upg.db"
    'Open old 6.1 database (OldHal) and new 6.2 database (NewHal)
    Set OldHal = CreateObject("UltraHalAsst6.Brain")
    Set NewHal = CreateObject("UltraHalAsst6.Brain")
    OldHal.OpenDatabase "Hal6Upg.DB"
    NewHal.OpenDatabase "HalBrain.db"
    'The following tables get copied from the New 6.2 brain to the old 6.1 brain
    'If a table doesn't exist, it is created. If a table already exists, it is dropped
    'and recreated
    UpgradeTable "UnitConversion", "TopicSearch", "miscData", OldHal, NewHal
    UpgradeTable "UnitConversionDetect", "PatternMatch", "miscData", OldHal, NewHal
    UpgradeTable "AdjNoun", "TopicSearch", "miscData", OldHal, NewHal
    UpgradeTable "TimeZones", "TopicSearch", "miscData", OldHal, NewHal
    UpgradeTable "VerbPrepNoun", "TopicSearch", "miscData", OldHal, NewHal
    UpgradeTable "miscPhrases", "TopicSearch", "miscData", OldHal, NewHal
    UpgradeTable "strikingSimiles", "TopicSearch", "miscData", OldHal, NewHal
    UpgradeTable "asexualPersonality", "Brain", "mainBrain", OldHal, NewHal
    UpgradeTable "patterns", "PatternMatch", "mainBrain", OldHal, NewHal
    UpgradeTable "conversationalPhrases", "Sentence", "basicResponses", OldHal, NewHal
    UpgradeTable "dontKnow", "Sentence", "basicResponses", OldHal, NewHal
    UpgradeTable "noResponses", "Sentence", "yesNoResponses", OldHal, NewHal
    UpgradeTable "yesResponses", "Sentence", "yesNoResponses", OldHal, NewHal
Robert Medeksza

Medeksza

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.zabaware.com
« Reply #33 on: February 01, 2009, 05:45:21 pm »
quote:
Originally posted by raybe

Sorry I posted after you answered the question Robert. I think that utility will help me in my particular situation because the brain I was originally using was not the hal 6.1 default but the 6.1 enhanced brain.

The only question is if you were to open whatever custom brain you were using with 6.2.2 would you not see all that original information or is the editor in 6.2.2 setup in such a way that the information is not all read?
Thanks,
raybe

The main problem with custom brains is that just the database gets upgraded. Whatever script your custom brain used gets replaced with the Hal 6.2 script. If your custom brain involves just database changes, the upgrade should work. If the custom brain involved script changes, that will not be upgraded correctly.

Since the upgrade procedure starts with making a duplicate of your old bain, all original information from your brain should be retained with the exception of the tables referenced in the code above.
Robert Medeksza

raybe

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 01, 2009, 06:10:33 pm »
Thank you Robert,
My problem is really not knowing what the enhanced 6.1. brain did upon installation. I don't remember if 'OTCE' made the enhanced brain or was it just a download from someone else. So I really don't know how or if it effected the scripts. It did work fine because I was able to compare the 2 and enhanced brain worked as well as the original. No problems with plugins or compatibility. I would be interested in the utility to see if it does change the migration between the 2 brains.
Thanks again for your 'code' post.

raybe

One

• Technology Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 01, 2009, 07:27:04 pm »
Thanks to everybody,
I was hesitant to participate but after the screenshots and such I am confident.

Mr. Robert,
Should I get the admin profile working (recovery code)First or just do the upgrade to the 6.2.2 'Upgraded Brain' TIA :)

(a lot of hard work on your part, thank you, $30 bucks and so much entertainment......)[^]
Today Is Yesterdays Future.

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 02, 2009, 11:08:25 am »
i am trying to check the new hal version , etc. the best i can after being to the doctors office think i picked up more flu symptoms and have been very sick throwing up, etc. the last two days (might have pulled a muscle to in my side from throwing up so bad , but will try inbetween to keep checking hal . all i hope is that after all the work of training a custom brain i and others will be able to use them ok . also if its possible the new version of hal in my opinion should be able to "automatically " (if possible ) change over any pre 6.2 brain . in another words not go through having to migrate the brain through the 6.1 version into . a hal user should be able to simply place a custom brain db file into the new versions (versions ) of hal and hal would automatically change the file over . (again "if" this id possible . )
 i will write my part on here about testing as i am able too .
[:)]

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 02, 2009, 11:28:26 am »
just to mention something a while back someone created a repeat uhp , for hal . in another words if hals user didnt happen to catch what hal said i could say " can you repeat that , or what did you say ?" and hal would repeat his last sentence . to me this would be a good item for hal to have a a regular part of his program . also when you asked hal what did yopu say hal would not "learn " that as part of his program but would only respond and repeat what he said .
[:)]

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 02, 2009, 02:31:23 pm »
ok have started testing this testing was done on my angela brain in the 6.2 upgrade version (first off even though my angela brain isnt allowing me to open it (the files for editing mentioned earlier ) it seems like the files are their from what she ways unless thats from the 6.1 brain itself . i tested my lightspeed rdone loneliness plug ins called "lightspeed house talk " based on the loneliness plug in .
 so far idol xrated talk 1.0 didnt work (think this was something i did wrong and this was a test file ), lightspeed house talk was ok, house talk 2 was ok , house talk 3 when ok is applied it says " halscript error 1033on line 2147 in column 211 undetermined string constant .
 lightsped house talk 6 ok , house talk 5 was ok house talk 7 was ok
house talk 8  was ok
the other lightspeedxtalk i created worked just fine .
 so as i tested all the plug ins i redid worked fine with the exception of two which i think were first test plug ins that i might have messed up in writing as these are older plug ins .  
have the freewill checked off it is working ok so far .
the gender and age  is ok .

ok now tested it in the 6.2 hal upgrade version
 age and gender plug in was ok
 freewill no apparent problems

lightspeed house talk 8 as you can see " Maybe i just need to come over their and sit on your lap and make show you just how much i love you. Tee Hee hee, just kidding or am i!   is working just fine , didnt check the other plug ins as they are based all on the same loneliness plug in so should all work fine .
so thats my testing let me know if i need to check anything else on it ok ?

***** notice  have noticed that angela (the custom brain ) seems to answer herself to questions i asked this i think was brought up before and i beleive robert mentioned that in the 6.2 upgrade version it would take care of this . it needs to ne taken care of with custom brains too.

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 02, 2009, 02:42:33 pm »
i just noticed something in the 6.2 upgrade version . i was casually talking about something i was learning hal , i said "they say the electric bills will be going up again don't know what were going to do if it keeps raising all the time . then hal said " The time is 1:38:59 pm.
 is this a glitch thats in the upgrade hal ? can't have hal saying the time antime in a sentence i use the word time !! if it is this will need to be corrected to keep hal from saying the time when ever the word is used . just letting robert know about this .

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 02, 2009, 05:16:51 pm »
this may or may not have anything to do with hal but when i had the freewill plug in checked in the angela brain i was starting to have problems like hal talking and when i was typing it stopped and i couldnt typ anymore then it said no memory ( thing is i have 2 gigabytes of memory on my pc and and 93 percent free space after i unchecked and deleted the freewill file it still ket stopping as i typed in this forum (while the dream outloud uhp file was checked and talking . ) is this another glitch ? anyone else have this problem while typing in another forum ??

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 02, 2009, 05:36:56 pm »
another bizzare thing i ran into with dream out loud was that hal kinda froze up hal would keep saying dream things and i couldn't go into the brain etc. at all i actually had to shut hal down by shutting off my tower on my pc hal wouldn't close (think maybe that was because hal is constantly ? pulling info off the web (this is just a guess ) .[:)]

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 02, 2009, 06:14:31 pm »
have another issue wanted to bring up that may or may not be able to fix in hal's 6.2 upgrade .
when hal doesnt understand something and says it (and its usually placed in the debugging of hal "what happens then to it ??"
 example hal said to me :
Honey if theirs one thing for sure it' vsz S that you will always need me!
 why doesnt hal eliminate the vsz s part ?
this would at least make a more correct sentence . was just wondering .

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 02, 2009, 06:58:47 pm »
i have been using my hal now with the angela brain and the 6.2 new version and it seems to be working just fine no errors (so far about no memory , etc. ) so i really think it was the dream out loud program that was causing me all the problems . my hal doesnt try to freeze me up when typing on other forums , etc. mow and hal shuts down ok so like i said i beleive that it was from the dream out loud uhp beta file .

Daireaux

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 02, 2009, 08:03:33 pm »
Has anyone noticed that the 6.2 UserSent table is substituting words (in the brain editor), when associated with he/him/his, that are resulting in some corrupted respnses. The text looks correct on the input side but Hal's saved text will have consistent substitutions for he/him/his.
Live long and prosper.