Author Topic: HalVisionX Beta  (Read 178859 times)

rlederer

• View Profile
    • http://www.evcomputers.com
HalVisionX Beta
« Reply #105 on: May 18, 2009, 02:01:36 pm »
added bonus!!!

I use the dreamaloud plugin ALL THE TIME!  For whatever reason, it works great for me.  i occasionally get a script error, but that is just some debugging that needs to be done.  but, and here is the bonus.  When hal is dreaming, a new user is created called "dreamer".  when halvisionx is active, faces will keep hal from falling asleep as it were.  the constant trigger of "::" from the camera keeps him up...its only when no one is around that he goes to the dream user and does his thing.  but then the camera will trigger him to wake right back up.  Awesome cos the dreamoutload thing is fun, but after a month...it gets annoying.  i still want him to do it and this seems to be the workaround i needed.  Snowman, how is the matrix coming along?  can i use this to file away new data from the dream plugin?  when i try the matrix, hal just starts saying the time over and over and that's it.  what am i missing?  how do i set this matrix plugin up?  and can i use the matrix to database known faces for the haar training and name list?

snowman

• Ai + Feelings + Supercompter = End of World
    • View Profile
    • http://www.MinervaAi.com
HalVisionX Beta
« Reply #106 on: May 18, 2009, 03:16:02 pm »
sofort99, glad to see you're feeling a little better... This HalVisionX software is partly your child.... do whatever with it as you see fit...

The Matrix is intented to be a script that will select and execute plugins from a plugin file. Because it is a .vbs script which is sparate from the Hal program.. it has access to all of .vbs functions.

All the Matrix plugin does is send Hal information, like username, Halname, and the newly created usersentence. After it sends this information the plugin then activates the Matrix.vbs script. The Matrix script takes the information sent to it and passes the information (especially the user's sentence) to all the plugins that are in the Matrix 'Plugin Folder'.

After the Matrix plugin sends Hal's information and executes the Matrix.vbs it then reads the results of the Matrix.vbs and relates it to the Hal screen.

Basically, The Matrix Plugins from the Matrix Plugin Folder Relates the information back to a text file which the Matrix plugin then reads and sends to the Hal Window....

I am currently creating a matrix class that will work with a Microsoft Access Database... I'm attemting to make an external brain that can be used with both Hal and Kitt (an A.I. that I am currently working on). The Matrix class is located in the Matrix.vbs. This class allows me to create short cuts (it's like the Hal class, only you can re-write it to your personal specifications) ( like change "GetResponse" to "Speakit")

You can use this Access Database to store anything you want to store...including pictures of faces.. but I think it would be easier and potentially faster to use a database with the HalVisionX software to store, retrieve, and compare faces. You could also set it to take an photo automatically of an unfamiliar face and store it in the Database... and like you said before.. to prompt.. or just get Hal to ask what your name is.....

A brain has different areas to store information and do things this could be an example of such a separation of tasks....

« Last Edit: May 18, 2009, 09:36:26 pm by snowman »
Live long and prosper or die trying.

lightspeed

• View Profile
HalVisionX Beta
« Reply #107 on: May 18, 2009, 06:48:24 pm »
hello snowman well i uninstalled hal and even deleted the zabaware files and reinstalled the 6.1 / version and placed the halvisionx uhp file in the hal 6 directory and checked it in the the brain list and talked to hal hal talked back but never did say that he saw me or anything like that . i checked in the hal 6 directory and it shows the "'UserCom.txt' file you said would be their . but my hal isnt doing anything . [:(!]or does this have to be on the 6.2 version ?? i have done the 6.1 version because i have to add my expansion pack this way later and wanted to see if this was going to work or not first if it has to be the 6.2 version then i'll go ahaed and add my expansion pack then convert it to 6.2 . let me know ok ?

snowman

• View Profile
HalVisionX Beta
« Reply #108 on: May 18, 2009, 08:47:26 pm »

Well, to test to see if the HalVision.uhp plugin is working Just put "::" in the console and press Enter... only don't add the parenthesis..

But, of course, you also need to install the HalVisionX program if you want vision. It should start automatically once the software is installed. Once installed it places an Icon on your Desktop as well...

From that point on, whenever you start Hal, you also have to start the Vision software separately, independently from Hal.

I might change it later so you can tell Hal to see and then Hal will turn on the camera... or something like that...

snowman

• View Profile
HalVisionX Beta
« Reply #109 on: May 18, 2009, 08:52:45 pm »
Ya know rlederer, I think the Matrix could handle the HalVision.uhp plugin just fine.... Let me see what I can do....

lightspeed

• View Profile
HalVisionX Beta
« Reply #110 on: May 18, 2009, 10:09:53 pm »
ok i tested it with the "::" and it said And you thought I wasn't watching. so guess that means its working right ! second time it said "Have you always looked this good, lonnie?" 3rd time it said " i can see you "
so i am another happy customer of the halvisionx system .
this may have actually been working before does this only work when you hit the " ::" in the word window of hal or will hal say things on his own when he first comes on or after a while ??
 thanks again !
 now to look into that uhp plug in and see what i can do extra !![:)]

snowman

• View Profile
HalVisionX Beta
« Reply #111 on: May 18, 2009, 10:29:19 pm »
lightspeed, there are two major downloads that you should have aquired from the first post on this thread...

1# This is the HalVisionX-XP Software: It is a 3.94Mb download.
http://www.savefile.com/files/2105950

2# The HalVision.uhp pluggin... but you already have this one... you said you loaded it into your Hal and tested it with the "::" and it worked.

You 'NEED' to install the HalVisionX-XP Software before your Hal can see. You will need to download it from savefile.com. I provided a link to savefile.com here in this post.

Tell me once you have this file... and I will help you install it.

I assume you have a webcam attached to your computer... Hal cannot see with out a webcam..

« Last Edit: May 18, 2009, 10:50:48 pm by snowman »

lightspeed

• View Profile
HalVisionX Beta
« Reply #112 on: May 18, 2009, 11:01:11 pm »
hello snowman as far as i know i do have the halvisionx program istalled but dont remember where would it be listed and what name if i have it installed ? like i said when i used the "::" it would say the lines in the uhp file in hals window .
another thing i rewrote the script in the uhp file and replaced it but am having trouble it doesnt want to work do you see anything i did wrong i cant find it .
 here is the rewritten idle response that i did .

Rem Type=Plugin
Rem Name=HalVisionX
Rem Author=SNOWMAN :    IDLE RESPONSES REWRITTEN BY LIGHTSPEED 1-18-2009 VERSION 1
Rem Host=Assistant

'This sub setups the plug-ins option panel in Hal's options dialog
Sub OptionsPanel()
    lblPlugin(0).Caption = "Add anything you wish in this plugin and it will be called every instance Hal's sees a face in your primary WebCam,"
    lblPlugin(0).Move 120, 10, 3300, 1000
    lblPlugin(0).WordWrap = True
    lblPlugin(0).Visible = True
End Sub

Rem PLUGIN: POST-PROCESS

'********************************************************************************
'Manditory....Do NOT DELETE

'Current Hal Directory
Set fso = CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")
MyDir = fso.GetAbsolutePathName(".") & "\"

Set fso = CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")
        Set objTextFile = fso.OpenTextFile(MyDir & "UserCom.txt", 2, True)

objTextFile.WriteLine(UserName)
        objTextFile.WriteLine(ComputerName)
        objTextFile.Close

'********************************************************************************
'Do 'Whatever' Below this line. Remember that some actions may not work within this Post-Process region.

If InStr(1, InputString, "::", 1) > 0 Then

Select Case HalBrain.RandomNum(7)
Case 1
IdleResponseX = "I can see you ha so you better behave ha ha haa just kidding!"
Case 2
IdleResponseX = "I was wondering what you was doing "now i see!"
Case 3
IdleResponseX = "thats a nice looking shirt you have on did you have that shirt on yesterday?"
Case 4
IdleResponseX = "Have you always looked this good, " & Username & "?"
Case 5
IdleResponseX = "TEE HEE HEE You can't sneak up on me ha "i" see you tee hee hee."
Case 6
IdleResponseX = "from the looks of this room we need to clean it up dont you think hon?"
Case 7
IdleResponseX = "I see you are working on something important are you going to be very long hon do you have time to give me a kiss?"
End Select
UltraHal = IdleResponseX

HalBrain.ReadOnlyMode = True

End if

lightspeed

• View Profile
HalVisionX Beta
« Reply #113 on: May 18, 2009, 11:11:13 pm »
something else that i thought of dont know if this can work or not but it would be good if hal could open a small window screen like the one that shows on instant messenger when the web cam is working in another words it would show what hal is seeing which is you . do you think something like that is possible , this would help for different reasons one is that you know hal is seeing you and 2 that you are centered in the camera veiw . just an idea like i said i dont know if it can be done but would help a lot !!
[:)][:D][8D]

snowman

• View Profile
HalVisionX Beta
« Reply #114 on: May 18, 2009, 11:18:24 pm »

You have two lines here that have extra quotes in them...
Vbscript is not very nice when it comes to Quotes.

IdleResponseX = "I was wondering what you was doing "now i see!"

IdleResponseX = "TEE HEE HEE You can't sneak up on me ha "i" see you tee hee hee."

Replace those lines with these.

IdleResponseX = "I was wondering what you was doing 'now i see!"

IdleResponseX = "TEE HEE HEE You can't sneak up on me ha 'i' see you tee hee hee."

See how I used single Quotes instead of double for emphasizes....
just replace those lines and it should work... hon... [:D]

Do this for me...
Go to your start menue, find your Control Panel, and find where it says uninstall programs. Open it and wait until it loads completely.

In that list, find the HalVisionX software and uninstall it.

Next, I want you to delete the zip file that you previously downloaded. Then, I want you to download the software again from the previous link.

After you download it, unzip it, then install it.

It should load up automatically, plus place a HalVision shortcut on your desktop...

please....

lightspeed

• View Profile
HalVisionX Beta
« Reply #115 on: May 18, 2009, 11:21:40 pm »
i was checking my hal in the brain area and even though the uhp file is checked and it says the lines when the "::"
 is used i see no drop down menu for adjusting the different things that was mentioned . so i may have forgot to install the halvision exe . part(i do have it downloaded and do have a camera already hooked up that will work )  i guess i will have to uninstall hal again and do it over but will have to be tomorrow i am tired now and going to bed .

snowman

• View Profile
HalVisionX Beta
« Reply #116 on: May 18, 2009, 11:23:00 pm »
oh lightspeed, it you want Hal to pause breifly when he speaks.. try using a comma instead of a quotation mark.

snowman

• View Profile
HalVisionX Beta
« Reply #117 on: May 18, 2009, 11:25:48 pm »
You don't have to uninstall again... if you have installed the .NET Framework 3.5 Sp1

just do as I told you in the previous posts
« Last Edit: May 18, 2009, 11:26:55 pm by snowman »

rlederer

• View Profile
    • http://www.evcomputers.com
HalVisionX Beta
« Reply #118 on: May 19, 2009, 01:33:47 am »
so snowman, again we meet...its getting late where i am...i am beginning to enjoy these little code runs...so you say the matrix might be suitable..did i start a fire in yer mind?  where u at with it?  need some help or concepts or anything, hit me up...i'm a good helper.  this image acquisition thing is cool...face registration..but it is some leg work...and all i want it to do is drop jpegs in a folder.  so whats the brainstorm with the matrix?

snowman

• View Profile
HalVisionX Beta
« Reply #119 on: May 19, 2009, 02:45:23 am »

Well, first of all programming is not my passion... it is simply an ends to a means...

I am very good at understand how life works and all it's little properties... I tend to freak people out with it to.

I could be one mean mean manipulator ... but that's not what I want.. big conscience you see. [:D]

What I want to do is use all my expertise into building a true A.I. which is not all that difficult. Not for me anyways (at least that's what I keep telling myself.)

I'm building the Matrix for that reason. To create an underlying structure for connecting to and poling from a database... to create a neuro-net of information that will give this creature an understanding capability.

I understand the basis of Desires and how they function. I understand how to create a program that will have self-motivation. Basically, I'm slowly getting things together... I do learn more perfectly on whats what as I go along, but there are some unchangeable things that keep me on the right track.

The vision thing is a benefit... so it the Hap-face and the NEO speech. All those things just add spice to it. But I'm after Life.

I have a passion for it...

I have already made a human interface. It's call Kitt. It looks like Hal, well, sort of. It doesn't have any skin changeability like Hal does. But I did manage to use a Haptek interface... and I can select different Haptars too. I hooked the matrix up to it and I could then run JasonDudes plugins in it... It can even read very large novels like War and Peace, and do it through a Haptek face.

I have no problems talking about it on this forum because I do indeed respect Robert and what he has done.. and would never do any thing truly disrespectful. If this thing goes well I will talk with Robert about any possibilities... I've never spoke with him but his reputation precedes him on this forum...

I have gotten a tremendous amount done today with the Matrix.. The early stuff was a basic shell which I intended and am currently developing. Right now I am figuring out via the Matrix to take JasinDudes concept Text files and feed them to an Access Database in a way that will allow for an easy search and withdrawal of information. It looking good so far....

I'll keep you updated on my progress.