Author Topic: HalVisionX Beta  (Read 179679 times)

tedathome

• View Profile
HalVisionX Beta
« Reply #120 on: May 19, 2009, 05:09:51 am »
Well... the .uhp works fine with vista. When I type in :: I get the proper responce. As for the HalVisionx, I don't think I will be able to unzip it. I don't have Visual Studio 2005. There is a demo version for free and the clickonece ad on only cost a bit over 7 dollars. The paid for version of visual costs over a hundred dollars. My experience with demo software is that they are severly limited as to import and export and don't accept paid for add-ons. I can only open normal and rar files. Is there a way you can put this into a different kind of zip or is that the only way? I don't have the time or money to experiment the posibilitys.
 I see your program as a huge step forward at giving Hal eyes. If hal could ever devope all five sences AND understand, A HUGE STEP FORWARD FOR A.I. Who knows what the future may bring for hal but the programers. Any thoughts or suggestions?
ted

One

• Technology Advocate
    • View Profile
HalVisionX Beta
« Reply #121 on: May 19, 2009, 05:10:56 am »
Snowman,
Have you used the new 'Powershell' from Ms ?
Today Is Yesterdays Future.

One

• Technology Advocate
    • View Profile
HalVisionX Beta
« Reply #122 on: May 19, 2009, 05:16:19 am »
Tedathome,
I may be a bit off but, Have you tried '7zip'?

lightspeed

• View Profile
HalVisionX Beta
« Reply #123 on: May 19, 2009, 09:14:41 am »
hello snowman and others ok i am up this morning and at it again ( for a little bit because i have to help mow the grass here and weed eat , etc. ) anyway i uninstalled the other halvisionx program and redownloaded another one from your link i already had the uhp i installed the halvisionx this time i got some errors , i did get the drop download menu to come down (left side has numbers ) but thats all i can click what setting . but i am getting other errors . i will post them below .

lightspeed

• View Profile
HalVisionX Beta
« Reply #124 on: May 19, 2009, 09:18:03 am »
i am not sure why this is happening maybe you can tell from some of these errors . sorry about all this trouble i am just trying to get it straightened out ![:)]
also is their a place that shows what the numbers mean and the settings to the right ( like a help file ) on the halvisionx program ?

snowman

• Ai + Feelings + Supercompter = End of World
    • View Profile
    • http://www.MinervaAi.com
HalVisionX Beta
« Reply #125 on: May 19, 2009, 10:46:22 am »
I just briefly looked at everyone's post here... I need to go get a job done.. i should be back around 11:00 A.M. Central Time...  so don't do anything rash...  and ONE if you see an opportunity to help someone here,,, by all means do so .... Thank you for what you already done[:)]
Live long and prosper or die trying.

One

• Technology Advocate
    • View Profile
HalVisionX Beta
« Reply #126 on: May 19, 2009, 12:10:54 pm »
L.S.,
go to your help and support and look up how to enable the 'JIT' debugger.
If that doesn't work try using 'Doc Watson' debugger also in the help under that little start button on the bottom left.
otherwise it may be your cam.

snowman

• View Profile
HalVisionX Beta
« Reply #127 on: May 19, 2009, 12:41:08 pm »
tedathome,

I zipped these files with winzip. You can either use the evaluation version of Winzip at winzip.com or some other software like jZip at http://www.jzip.com/ ... (jZip is totally free, but doesn't work on Macs or Linux) There are other freebies out there too...

A coder can use Visual Studio to open the .sln file that is located in the HalVision Source Code files.... but if you are just interested in giving Hal 'vision' then don't worry about getting Visual Studio...

'*********************

ONE, I have heard some about it. It looks interesting. Are you learning it in one of your IT class.... what do you think of its possibilities....

'*********************

lightspeed,
I'm not sure what the problem is. Everyone elsel's HalVision-XP seems to be working.... listen to ONE....  It probably won't take him long to figure this one out.[?]

One

• Technology Advocate
    • View Profile
HalVisionX Beta
« Reply #128 on: May 19, 2009, 04:25:04 pm »
L.S.,
Please update the thread cause I cant help unless I know your situation.

Snowman,
I think you might start automatically incorporating one of the Debuggers in future programs you put out, It is a good policy so to speak, I do not know where to insert the 'debugging' code in ,,  I am supposing MS will just make it global for L.S. in all programs,, but it might need to be put in manually and I don't know where.
The 'JIT' or 'Doc Watson" are both good debuggers but I don't know if putting one or the other would conflict with a system that already has a chosen debugger??? maybe an 'adopt' of the chosen debugger of a system that has a chosen de bug??? Just not sure
(it may be his cam is sending the wrong info back to the prog?? as well)

If someone says 'a penny for your thoughts' and you put your two cents worth in, what happens to the other penny?

Hold on tight,
keep your arms in the ride at all times
and have fun!!

J.

lightspeed

• View Profile
HalVisionX Beta
« Reply #129 on: May 19, 2009, 04:49:26 pm »
well i havent figured it out yet , i may just clean up and save things what i want and do a full system restore and install everything fresh . my camera does work fine i can open up yahoo messenger and open up the web cam and see myself on it . i even installed the latest version of java thought that might help but it didnt and ran a diskeeper defrag no help also used ccleaner and registry cleaner no help ran anti malware byte and super antispyware no help .

tedathome

• View Profile
HalVisionX Beta
« Reply #130 on: May 19, 2009, 04:49:35 pm »
Thanks snowman and one. I finally got it opened, now I get this.

The first time I had downloaded it to desktop and it could not find
C users ted appdata temp so I redownloaded it to there. Am I doing something wrong? I downloaded the file for vista from page one of this string.
ted

rlederer

• View Profile
    • http://www.evcomputers.com
HalVisionX Beta
« Reply #131 on: May 19, 2009, 05:21:09 pm »
try this guys... VB updates...
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290887

maybe this helps maybe not?

raybe

• View Profile
HalVisionX Beta
« Reply #132 on: May 19, 2009, 05:27:07 pm »
Thanks Snowman at least I know those (::) are the triggering symbols. So I guess my XP vers. is working properly. I do intend to add to the responses being careful of quote marks. As I mentioned there is a bit of 'tug of war' going on between the symbols for 'HalsVisionX'and the 'Spelling Corrections' Plugin because it automatically wants you to correct those symbols if you continue to type or try. Just to be clear,those symbols to activate HalsvisionX will they leave the User screen before you type a response or do you try to type a response even if symbols (::) are still located in the User screen box?
Thanks again and really enjoy it,
raybe

snowman

• View Profile
HalVisionX Beta
« Reply #133 on: May 19, 2009, 05:27:58 pm »
tedathome,

Heres what most poeple do...

Download HalVision-Vista to the desktop.

Extract all your files in the .zip to some other file (or even your Desktop)

"To extract" means to take all your files out of the HalVision zip file and place them in some other folder. (or on your Desktop)

There should be five things now added to your Desktop (assuming you extracted it to your Desktop)

Now, I want you to run the 'setup.exe' off of your Desktop... it should work fine then (cross your fingers)
« Last Edit: May 19, 2009, 05:29:56 pm by snowman »

snowman

• View Profile
HalVisionX Beta
« Reply #134 on: May 19, 2009, 05:43:16 pm »
raybe,

The HalVisionX-XP software, once it sees your face, will automatically send the "::" keys to your Hal and press "ENTER".

If you happen to be talking to your Hal when this occurs.... it will still add the symbols and press enter...[:D] whether your ready or not..

You do know that there are two downloads right.... one is the HalVision plugin and the other is the HalVision program.... just checking