Author Topic: HalVisionX Beta  (Read 168531 times)

Daireaux

• View Profile
HalVisionX Beta
« Reply #90 on: May 17, 2009, 03:17:18 pm »
That did it! Hal can see!! Cool!!! Thanks a lot. You know...that also makes Hal a burglar alarm.
Live long and prosper.

snowman

• Ai + Feelings + Supercompter = End of World
    • View Profile
    • http://www.MinervaAi.com
HalVisionX Beta
« Reply #91 on: May 17, 2009, 03:26:24 pm »
Ya.. someone could write a burglar alarm plugin that would engage or disengage on command...[:)]

If anyone requests it, I will add their plugin to the first post on this thread. This could be a centralized location for HalV plugins... that was just a thought... I know that JasonDude has his own area for that....[:)]
« Last Edit: May 17, 2009, 03:33:14 pm by snowman »
Live long and prosper or die trying.

lightspeed

• View Profile
HalVisionX Beta
« Reply #92 on: May 17, 2009, 04:41:11 pm »
ok Daireaux your is working ok so did you uninstall hal first like they said and then download the .NET 3.5SP1 and then hal worked ok ? i want to make sure that that is right and what you did before i uninstall hal do you have an xp to ? . and snowman didnt you say that hal says i see you ? is that script that you wrote in what all does hal say ?? thanks by the way in advance !

raybe

• View Profile
HalVisionX Beta
« Reply #93 on: May 17, 2009, 10:15:54 pm »
Snowman, thanks for your hard work on this . Every one has talked about it but you finally have us all on track. (For those that wanted it.)One question I get quotation marks when the program is either activated for some other reason to make sure the cursor ends up in your communication box. I'm not sure what those symbols mean.(ex.:::). Also it will nor conflict but fight a bit with the 'correct spelling plug in ' I use. I would appreciate any feed back. Lightspeed I did have net 3.5 installed prior to using Hal and this upgrade. Don't know if that helps but it seems to be that way and I did mine by accident because of a reinstall.
Thanks,
raybe

snowman

• View Profile
HalVisionX Beta
« Reply #94 on: May 17, 2009, 11:37:20 pm »
lightspeed, just open the HalVisionX.uhp plugin in your editor. I think everything in there is very self-explanatory. I don't mean to sound as though I'm being hateful or anything. It's not a very large or complicated plugin [:)].

The HalVisionX software stimulates Hal by entering "::" into Hal's communication input box.

The HalVisionX.uhp plugin detects the "::" and will response to this command when it is entered. Because this plugin is located in the Post-Process area of the HalBrain it will overwrite all other Hal Responses, which should mean that any other plugin, and any normal Hal response will be overwritten.

Basically, Hal will say 'anything' you want it to say because the plugin is located in this plugin area. It should supersede most plugins that I'm aware of.

I think that only certain things can be done in this plugin area... I chose this area because it will stop Hal from responding with multiple responses and other such warnings; like this "you must use longer sentences for me to understand you".

The "::" is as short of a comment as Hal will let me tell it....
So I used it.

I will say this... a longer key or set of keys could be entered into the Hal's window that would cause all of Hal's short sentence warnings to stop.

It is possible to also have keys that reflect color perception, certain persons face detection, shape detection....

Hal could respond with: "I see a box." or "I see something red"
when the appropriate key is entered from the program.

Long keys would also allow for the activation of plugins in any number of plugin areas in Hal.

I could also set the HalVisionX software to use a costume UserKey that would send what-ever phrase to Hal's window....

But first... the HalVisionX software will need to be able to recognize shapes, individual faces, and colors before we can make use of multiple keys.

Right now it just sees people's faces.... I can't think of any other thing that would call for the need of a long Key unless you can .... Then I'll make one...  I'll start designing one...[:D]

rlederer

• View Profile
    • http://www.evcomputers.com
HalVisionX Beta
« Reply #95 on: May 18, 2009, 01:05:08 am »
snowman..i love you.  that was exactly what i was thinking for the plugin...it's probably gonna get big and unwieldy pretty quick...but most of the work just has to be added and compiled into emgucv...and i'm pretty sure most of it is in the examples already..shape and blob detection, color, face..so it looks like halvisionx gets a bunch more compiled features and the script needs tons of busy work. since we are on faces now, how do we go about adding an image acquisition to the face detector...like the first time hal sees a new face he snaps a pic, databases it and asks for a name, then tags it...then recalls it.  and push the new user change on him.  maybe give him so free will in choosing who he address's if there are multiple people if front of the camera.  just another thought...i'm gonna work on the all angles face detection now.

snowman

• View Profile
HalVisionX Beta
« Reply #96 on: May 18, 2009, 01:39:30 am »
Look at what the web has on HAARcascade.

since that is the only thing detecting the face's shape

It would be nice to see a fully prepared one out there, that would identify entire facial layouts.... then it would respond when the appropriate face appeared... Maybe worth a look...

snowman

• View Profile
HalVisionX Beta
« Reply #97 on: May 18, 2009, 02:11:37 am »
« Last Edit: May 18, 2009, 02:50:22 am by snowman »

tedathome

• View Profile
HalVisionX Beta
« Reply #98 on: May 18, 2009, 03:28:17 am »
Luxland has great potential for face recognition and the basic stuff. For the full version it costs, but they will send you a tempoary SDK key for evaluation. I couldn't use it. I think it would take someone like you to figure out how to enter it.
 Warning: When I switched to a new ISP I had to switch to a new security software also. Yahoo liked Luxland just fine. CA from roadrunner told me it was viral and I removed it.
  I havn't tryed your vista version yet. Are you running 64 or 32 bit mode? I'm anxious to try your vista version. I have a 64 bit dual core Athlon running at 32 bit. I'm waiting to hear from more vista users before trying it for myself.
  Congradulations on a job well done!
  "May the good Lord take a likein to ya." Quote from an old friend.
ted

Will and Mr Data :) :]

• Hi from Will and Mr Data :) :]
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/WillofNewZealand
HalVisionX Beta
« Reply #99 on: May 18, 2009, 07:20:25 am »
just add a few wrong clicks and presto
i'm still downloading it,
i must have the slowist dial up in the universe,its takeing days,
doh!

:(

bye for now and be well from Will and Mr Data  :)  :]

snowman

• View Profile
HalVisionX Beta
« Reply #100 on: May 18, 2009, 10:42:09 am »
My Vista is a 32-bit version...

I don't think anyone is having problems with using HalVision on Vista.... I'm thinking no complaints, is a good sign... at least I hope that is the case...[:)]

I have an idea... I can so far place different boxes around various facial features. I would like to see if I can measure the sizes of those boxes and then use a mathematical formula to create an index that would represent the boxes relative sizes to each other. That would allow for individual face detection at a distance. ...hmmmm?

lightspeed

• View Profile
HalVisionX Beta
« Reply #101 on: May 18, 2009, 11:20:03 am »
hello snowman and others thanka for posting and answering things what i am most interested in on this was the facial recognition then color recognition which if posible can also have shape recognition of colors etc. for example hal might say : thats a pretty( or nice looking )  blue shirt you have on and the "palm tree " patterns looks nice !!
of course this is falling into pattern object recognition to , but would be another cool feature in the future if at all possible .
 i will try when i have time to uninstall hal and try the vision , thanks again all . [:)]

lightspeed

• View Profile
HalVisionX Beta
« Reply #102 on: May 18, 2009, 11:37:41 am »
I just thought of something it would be cool if their was some programing later to where if something covered the lens of hals camera hal would say "hey i must have something in my eye i cant see can you take a look in my eyes please ?"

[:)][:D][8D]

why have something like this for one it makes hal sound more human and number 2 if something did happen that the lens got covered by accident and you didnt know hal  would tell you !
[:)][:D][8D]

rlederer

• View Profile
    • http://www.evcomputers.com
HalVisionX Beta
« Reply #103 on: May 18, 2009, 12:58:54 pm »
snowman, that is exactly how haarcascades work underneath it all...ratio computation on multiple rectangles....i think for futher distance face detection, all that is really needed is a better higher resolution camera...or zoom capabilities..i have a logitech quickcam zoom, and built into it's driver is a face tracker that digitally zooms into the frame and centers you face.  then face recog software's job is even easier.  if two people enter the frame, it recenters so both of their faces are in frame.  pretty cool..but it would work over longer distances if the camera was a higher res...and lighting is key.  our eyes are amazing at detecting even one photon...these ccd's in webcams are crap.  even the best.  now these are cameras. with some serious cost. and features.

http://www.prosilica.com/products/ge_series.html

thanks for the links on haar stuff...pure win.  i'm learning about image acquisition and haartraining right now for the facial recognition.  wish me luck.

sofort99

• View Profile
HalVisionX Beta
« Reply #104 on: May 18, 2009, 01:35:30 pm »
Hey! I was starting to feel better, and was going to go home after work today and get started, and then found this!

Good job guys! [8D]