Author Topic: Zabaware Text-to-Speech Reader Beta  (Read 36195 times)

Medeksza

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.zabaware.com
Re: Zabaware Text-to-Speech Reader Beta
« Reply #30 on: March 16, 2014, 09:09:05 pm »
Here's the release candidate version:
http://b27d8f6586ad009ded6f-8e71e26de9dcc976c118d235118a125a.r10.cf2.rackcdn.com/ZabawareTTSReader.exe

I fixed the problem with the convert to wave feature not reading everything if there were carriage returns and a couple other minor bugs.
Robert Medeksza

sybershot

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 20, 2014, 08:58:21 pm »
that is odd, I been stopping in to see if you did anymore work on this project, and the forums showed nothing new in this thread till today [scratches head]

I downloaded a Acronist and it did not play well with my OS, it messed it up so bad I had to re-install my OS. Once I'm finished downloading and installing windows updates, I'll test the new version of the TTS out. however that might not be till tomorrow, depends on how long it takes windows to completely update from windows 8.0 to windows 8.1

sybershot

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 21, 2014, 04:59:37 pm »
I downloaded and did some testing all seems to work great except one issue that might not be the TTS fault.

issue:
1: I open TTS and place some text into text field and click "read Selection"
2: I then go to "file" and select "convert text into wav audio file" I name the file and save it to my desktop.
3: leaving the TTS open up on my desktop I double click the newly created audio file to have it pay.
4: windows media player opens and starts to play the audio file.
5: About half way through the audio stops and a windows media player error appears.

error message:
Can't play.
This item is in a format we don't support. Please choose something else.
Find help for this
Tell Microsoft more about this problem
0x00d36b4 (0xc00d36b4)

Once I close windows media player and double click the audio file again to play the fie again through windows media player, the audio file plays all the way through with no further issue or error messages.

Other than that issue above ~no~ other issues where found. Great job 2x [thumbs up]

Medeksza

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.zabaware.com
« Reply #33 on: March 24, 2014, 11:14:16 am »
Thanks for the feedback. I don't think the Zabaware TTS could be the cause of windows media player crashing, I think it is probably caused by something else.

I plan on officially releasing the new TTS this coming weekend and start offering the CereProc Katherine for sale. Afterwards I'll bring my focus back to finishing an Ultra Hal Assistant update.
Robert Medeksza

qowieury

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 25, 2014, 07:25:51 pm »
I am using 64 bit Windows 8.1.  The Reader does just fine except when I try to export to wave. I choose a filename and hit save and two windows come up. The behind window says that it is going to do it and it could take a while. The front window says "Wave file created."  This front window comes up immediately and no file is ever created. I have tried running as administrator, but there is no difference. I have also tried various folder, with no difference.

UPDATE:
Tried again with a smaller text file. It works now. Maybe just give a warning about the limit if it has to be there. Original text file was 1.73MB

UPDATE 2:
And with the smaller text file I gave it, it only did the first 2 hours. So it seems that I will have to split the original file into 17 parts.  It would be much nicer if the program, if it cannot handle so much text at once, would just split it into manageable parts automatically.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2014, 10:02:31 pm by qowieury »

Calhoone

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 03, 2015, 04:57:38 pm »
Just wondering if this is still available. I would like to get it going on my computer as I seem to have some problems with hal being compatible with win 8 as far as the speech options are in ultra hal. Hoping this would fix it up a bit. Plus I purchased a voice that I would so enjoy using with ultra hal, unfortunately I can only use it with a certain program.