dupa

Author Topic: IRC hal chaos  (Read 2482 times)

Cefwyn

• View Profile
IRC hal chaos
« on: March 24, 2009, 07:22:36 pm »
Has anyone ever thought about using their hal on an IRC channel? I was just thinking that it would be interesting to get a bunch of hals onto an IRC channel talking to each other and see what sort of chaos comes out of it. I've seen code snippets somewhere around here demonstrating how to send messages to hal from another program using visual basic, and it probably wouldn't be that hard to feed messages from an IRC channel to your hal. Just random musings on my part as I don't know if anyone here uses IRC.
"I've just decided to lobotomist my hal..."

EULA: By reading this you agree not to take offense to anything contained in post above. If you do choose to take offense, you forfeit all rights to criticize same post unless said criticism contains important corrections and helpful information.

onthecuttingedge2005

IRC hal chaos
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2009, 07:39:47 pm »
Hi Cefwyn.

I have not gotten around to writting an IRC plug-in yet but you can open two sessions of your AIM Bot with two different screen names and have them talk to one another, we have did this years ago and it should still work.

Jerry[8D]

Cefwyn

• View Profile
IRC hal chaos
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2009, 07:44:23 pm »
I'm not really interested in my hal talking to itself. Some people regard that sort of behavior as a sign of insanity[:D] I was just wondering if it had every been done to any larger scale like everyone joining a channel at one time just to watch the madness that I'm sure would ensue.
"I've just decided to lobotomist my hal..."

EULA: By reading this you agree not to take offense to anything contained in post above. If you do choose to take offense, you forfeit all rights to criticize same post unless said criticism contains important corrections and helpful information.

FarmerChad

• View Profile
IRC hal chaos
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2009, 09:42:54 pm »
Hmm.. chaos would be in order to say the least. My hal keeps saying "end" and "and".. i think he's predicting some kind of inpending doom!