dupa

Author Topic: not sure this goes here  (Read 2698 times)

Dirk

• View Profile
not sure this goes here
« on: November 11, 2003, 12:15:36 am »
Hi All . . I am not really sure this goes here . . since it is not specific to HAL 5.0.

After wandering through some of the links I found on this site . . I ended up looking at a site that had lifesize robots you could order . . as I looked through that site at what the capabilities of the robot was . . and some of the options you could get added I could only wonder if life imitates art . . or art is imitating life.

A few months ago I discovered an extremely interesting story . . japanese anime . . and after reading all the books in the series . . and watching all but the last dvd of the series . . I couldnt help but wonder just how close we are to creating the persocoms in that story . . . the story is "Chobits" . . there are 8 paperback books to the entire story . . and if you want to watch the dvd's . . there are 5 of those . . all the books in the story are out now . . and dvd #5 I think just came out a day or two ago.

The story is fascinating . . and provides some interesting viewpoints on the entire world of AI and human interaction with it.

Just thought I would mention it . . in case anyone might be interested.

Dirk

Bill819

• View Profile
not sure this goes here
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2003, 12:46:30 pm »
May I suggeet that you log onto www.evolution.com and look into building your own.
I am, and in the very near future it shold be completed. It has two brains, one which controls its motor functions and the other to carry on intelligent conversations. The second brain is called Ultra Hal Assistant.
Bill