dupa

Author Topic: Agent Characters appear behind UltraHal 5  (Read 3559 times)

NCWeber

• View Profile
    • http://www.afrodiseum.com
Agent Characters appear behind UltraHal 5
« on: October 23, 2003, 11:16:34 pm »
I am having a little trouble with my old MS Agent characters on Ultra Hal Assistant 5.  For some reason, they appear behind the Hal Window instead of in front of it.  I discovered the problem when I was fiddling with the Window Transparency function.  The characters that came with Ultra Hal all work fine.  I have UHA5 on a laptop and it is having no difficulties whatsoever.  It does have a better video card than my desktop.  Could the video card be the problem or  is it some setting in XP Home that I need to adjust? [?]

vonsmith

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2003, 06:31:18 pm »
Perhaps the problem I'm having is unrelated but...

I'm using a Haptek character with the new v5.0.55 Hal. Everything is kosher until I minimize Hal or switch to another program. Sometimes when I come back to Hal the Haptek character is gone. The pretty beach background is in the window, but no character. Everything else works fine. Then I have to quit Hal and start Hal again to get the Haptek character back. Minor issue, but still annoying.

I suppose the Haptek could be hiding behind the window? Hmm...

= vonsmith =

P.S. - The Haptek character is pretty cool, but the disembodied head thing still gives me the creeps. Reminds me of Nearly Headless Nick.

vonsmith

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2003, 11:43:23 am »
UPDATED INFO, MINOR BUGS?

#1 Using Hal v.5.0.55 everything works fine on my laptop until it goes into sleep mode. When I leave sleep mode the Haptek character isn't visible although the beach background is. If I click and drag the mouse in the character window I can see a vestige of the Haptek character rotating/moving with the mouse. Restarting Hal cures the problem.

#2 When I go into Hal's menu and click on the Transparency setting it doesn't seem to work on my laptop. That's okay, but if I go back to the menu a second time the transparency menu selection is no longer there.

Just my 2 cents worth...

= vonsmith =