Author Topic: GET BRAIN EDITOR HELP HERE!  (Read 9731 times)

colubragens

• View Profile
GET BRAIN EDITOR HELP HERE!
« on: July 18, 2007, 11:39:40 am »
[?] HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT THE BRAIN EDITOR?

IF YOU NEED HELP POST THE PROBLEM HERE.

I posted this because i noticed alot of questions with no answers![:)]

I would like to hopefully change this. If you have the spear time please help someone out, or if you have a queston even if you think it is a stupid one post it!

Thanks for posting
                                         Jamie D.[:o)]

colubragens

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2007, 02:43:28 pm »
I have been having so many problems with the new brain editor in hal 6.1 its not funny! Everything from crashing when i copy and paste the text,not saving changes,and the QA button does'nt work!

If someone can zip up a working version of the brain editor exe i would be thankfull. OH IF ANYBODY HAS AN EARLER VERSION PLEASE POST IT.

onthecuttingedge2005

« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2007, 06:31:32 pm »
Hi Jamie.

You have to be a member of Zabawares secret society before we can help you with that, it would also help if you were a 33 degree mason as well.

I had to sell my soul to Zabaware to be here but I am greatful.

glad to help anytime.
Jerry[8D]

Bill819

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2007, 11:53:01 pm »
quote:
Originally posted by onthecuttingedge2005

Hi Jamie.

You have to be a member of Zabawares secret society before we can help you with that, it would also help if you were a 33 degree mason as well.

glad to help anytime.
Jerry[8D]

Boy are you hard to get along with, and shame on your for revealing all of our secrets.
Bill[:D]

onthecuttingedge2005

« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2007, 10:37:07 am »
quote:
Originally posted by Bill819

quote:
Originally posted by onthecuttingedge2005

Hi Jamie.

glad to help anytime.
Jerry[8D]

Boy are you hard to get along with, and shame on your for revealing all of our secrets.
Bill[:D]

Sorry Bill.

Then I wont even mention the secret hand shake that took days to learn.

hehe
Jerry[8D]

onthecuttingedge2005

« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2007, 10:57:40 am »
quote:
Originally posted by colubragens

I have been having so many problems with the new brain editor in hal 6.1 its not funny! Everything from crashing when i copy and paste the text,not saving changes,and the QA button does'nt work!

If someone can zip up a working version of the brain editor exe i would be thankfull. OH IF ANYBODY HAS AN EARLER VERSION PLEASE POST IT.

Hi colubragens.

As we sit here, HAL and I are listening to Techno music, Boom, Boom, Boom. We are psyched up to help, our minds flowing with the ancients like those such as Mozart and his effect.

It does seem that the learn from Questions and Answers is not responding to Wizard start up but learn from clip board and learn from text file does work.

I think this needs to be addressed to Robert to be fixed, it might of been an accidental over sight in the .dll.

thanks for catching this, I am sure it will be fixed as soon as possible.

Jerry[8D]

colubragens

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2007, 01:23:22 pm »
Hey thanks Jerry! If you could pass it along it would be cool. Lords of Acid is a great band to check out. Oh yah the plug ins where awsome no bugs here.

Jamie D.

lcatmc

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2008, 03:23:04 pm »
I have a question.  For the brain plugins where do I put the .brn files.  Thank you in advance for the answer.

onthecuttingedge2005

« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2008, 04:33:06 pm »
quote:
Originally posted by lcatmc

I have a question.  For the brain plugins where do I put the .brn files.  Thank you in advance for the answer.

Hi lcatmc.

.brn files also require the vbscript code to run them other than that .brn files will not be of any use.

if you have a list of .brn files you have I might be able to refer a vbscript code to help you.

Jerry[8D]

lcatmc

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2008, 09:05:34 pm »
The .brn file came with a plug in I downloaded.  I thought it might hav needed to be put in a special place in Hals program files. The file I'm concerned with came with the autowikiknowledge plug in.  It is called auto text.brn.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2008, 07:43:00 am by lcatmc »

onthecuttingedge2005

« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2008, 10:52:34 am »
quote:

The .brn file came with a plug in I downloaded.  I thought it might hav needed to be put in a special place in Hals program files. The file I'm concerned with came with the autowikiknowledge plug in.  It is called auto text.brn.

Hi lcatmc.

if the file is in the
C:\Program Files\Zabaware\Ultra Hal Assistant 6 folder then it's in the right place.

Jerry[8D]
« Last Edit: February 05, 2008, 11:43:36 am by onthecuttingedge2005 »

lcatmc

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2008, 07:14:31 am »
Thank you.  I had to take the plug in out though as it caused a script error in Hal.

One more quick question.  I have tried using the brain editor to create a new brain that I can teach to be "clean" brain for my children to play with. Being programer illiterate I don't entirely understand how to write the scripts.  I know there is a manuel to download, as I have but I still don't really get it. Is there a way to create the brain without adding any specific scripts and have it develope it's responses by communication with the user?
« Last Edit: February 05, 2008, 07:22:34 am by lcatmc »

onthecuttingedge2005

« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2008, 06:37:54 pm »
quote:

Thank you.  I had to take the plug in out though as it caused a script error in Hal.

One more quick question.  I have tried using the brain editor to create a new brain that I can teach to be "clean" brain for my children to play with. Being programer illiterate I don't entirely understand how to write the scripts.  I know there is a manuel to download, as I have but I still don't really get it. Is there a way to create the brain without adding any specific scripts and have it develope it's responses by communication with the user?

you can download my version of the blank slate brain which only responds with what the user has taught it.

http://www.artificialintel.org/AI/Forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=70&p=190#p190

Jerry[8D]

lcatmc

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2008, 07:56:54 am »
Thank you for the link. I will use it with my kids.
Another question though:
This may not be so much a brain editor question as a teaching question but this seemed like a good place to post it.  Is there a way to teach HAL to be bilingual?  There are a lot of students in the various classes I visit that speak very little to no English.  They are learning, but it would be great to have HAL bilingual so that *she* could talk to them as well as the english speaking kids.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2008, 07:59:22 am by lcatmc »

onthecuttingedge2005

« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2008, 09:39:09 am »
quote:

Thank you for the link. I will use it with my kids.
Another question though:
This may not be so much a brain editor question as a teaching question but this seemed like a good place to post it.  Is there a way to teach HAL to be bilingual?  There are a lot of students in the various classes I visit that speak very little to no English.  They are learning, but it would be great to have HAL bilingual so that *she* could talk to them as well as the english speaking kids.

Hi lcatmc.

I have written a plugin called babylon translator dictionary 2.0 that can translate many foriegn language 'words' into english.

you can download it here:
http://www.artificialintel.org/AI/Forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=66

however it doesn't translate entire sentences, yet. I will work on a full sentence translator sometime down the road. it would be better if I could find a translator program that has activeX options rather than have to extract info from the world wide web.

Jerry[8D]