Author Topic: Flash Interface for Hal  (Read 3192 times)

ender

• View Profile
Flash Interface for Hal
« on: August 03, 2007, 06:34:56 pm »
I've been playing with my Hal for about a year and I have a decent brain that I'm happy with ... however, there are a lot of things about the interface/characters I don't like ... I'm a professional flash designer ... so I'm toying with the idea of trying to find a way to write a flash based interface for my Hal ... I haven't looked to far into this yet, but does anyone know if this is a realistic idea given Hal 6.1's current structure?

Thanks for any help you can provide

ramccoid

• View Profile
    • http://www.visualillustrations.co.uk
Flash Interface for Hal
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2007, 03:15:46 am »
Hi ender,
I have tried to introduce new elements into the HAL user interface and found its structure too rigid to accept any additions. If you have any success with you flash endeavours I would be very interested in seeing your results.

Roy.

ender

• View Profile
Flash Interface for Hal
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2007, 12:23:06 pm »
My problem is not with the core input output ... but mostly with the characters ... I'd like to be able to create my own flash based charactrs  ... so ... I think maybe I can create a kind of link between hal and the flash program running the character ...

User sending and hals text response will be in a hal skin with the hal character turned off ... but when hal sends his response he also sends that response to the flash program thats running at the same time ... where it gets processed into TTS and lypsync animation for the character ...

its a thought. I'm still playing around... still may not be within what flash/hal can do ...

ramccoid

• View Profile
    • http://www.visualillustrations.co.uk
Flash Interface for Hal
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2007, 12:25:34 pm »
I've know it's possible to call up java applets with HAL and even seen a java brain used, I think it was in HAL5. So it maybe possible to call up flash animations. Keep me informed if you find a way.

Roy.