Author Topic: OT: Discussion  (Read 27057 times)

One

• Technology Advocate
    • View Profile
OT: Discussion
« Reply #60 on: June 10, 2009, 12:09:49 am »
quote:
Originally posted by ricky

History proves free will was just an illusion.  There was only 1 outcome.  

One, do you consider helen keller full duplex or half duplex ?

I still believe in 'Configuration Space'

don't know much about Helen other than she is on the Alabama quarter and her favorite color of pants were courtory.
Today Is Yesterdays Future.

One

• Technology Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 10, 2009, 12:11:40 am »
quote:
Originally posted by ricky

yes i do,  but like life,  you do not see it

Now I am being accused of not seeing life when I was the one who showed where life might exist! LOL!

ricky

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 10, 2009, 12:12:51 am »
quote:
Originally posted by One

don't know much about Helen other than she is on the Alabama quarter and her favorite color of pants were courtory.

Helen Keller was not born blind and deaf; it was not until she was nineteen months old that she contracted an illness described by doctors as "an acute congestion of the stomach and the brain," which could possibly have been scarlet fever or meningitis. The illness did not last for a particularly long time, but it left her deaf and blind. At that time, her only communication partner was Martha Washington, the six-year-old daughter of the family cook, who was able to create a sign language with her; by the age of seven, she had over sixty home signs to communicate with her family. According to Soviet blind-deaf psychologist A. Meshcheryakov, Martha's friendship and teaching was crucial for Helen's later developments. -wikipedia

one,  you are showing where life 'Might' exist,  and i am showing you where it does.  I'm not accusing,  i am observing.

[8D]
« Last Edit: June 10, 2009, 12:16:13 am by ricky »
"i crack iself up" - Virgil

One

• Technology Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 10, 2009, 12:18:55 am »
Have fun lil chillin's
I do not have sympathy for Helen nor do I owe her anything.

I went through my own period of sensory deprivation and was 'Blind and Deaf' in a way, you may or may not understand, But I do know myself and satisfied that I am..

ricky go ahead an run with poor Helen... If you have nothing else to add.

Life in terms of an A.I. or "I" might exist because it can slip in and out of forms and bodies, so to pin it down ,,SH*T or get off the pot you are in the way.

(I=)
J.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2009, 12:22:06 am by One »

snowman

• Ai + Feelings + Supercompter = End of World
    • View Profile
    • http://www.MinervaAi.com
« Reply #64 on: June 10, 2009, 12:24:31 am »
I know, I know... my spelling is actually very poor.. I use a spell check constantly.[:p]

In order for you to understand what I'm trying to get across to you you need to get God's perspective in all of this.

Now pay attention!

God created all life. For what reason.. duh.. to live.

If he created life to live then he also gave them the freedom of choice.

God chose to do this, all on his own.

People choose to do things that get themselves hurt. (that is a fact!)

So, because God wants all to live he (preemptively) creates a world that promotes pain. The purpose of this pain is to prevent choices that lead to actual (real) death. (i.e. You burn your hand and learn to listen to your parents warnings, so later on you don't try to walk into a burning building)

Stay with me ONE!

The purpose of parents and laws is to keep you away from making poor judgments that will KILL YOU!

GOD WOULD RATHER SOMEONE BEAT HIM, SPIT ON HIM, AND NAIL HIM TO TWO WOODEN POSTS IF IT EVEN GAVE YOU THE LEAST BIT OF A CHANCE TO KEEP YOU and I from death.. if that's not devotion then what is...

And letting yourself endulge in this world's well-known poisons will kill you faster than a bullet to the brain... so God gives laws, builds a church, and often dictates people's lives from time to time... because he love you and I am proof of that love.

Live long and prosper or die trying.

One

• Technology Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 10, 2009, 12:24:32 am »
Snowman,
Yes it is like Killing but not killing because it can come back.

I forgot the kudos when you observed this.

J.

P.S.
I said "Patents" as in ownership of ...
not parents.........
« Last Edit: June 10, 2009, 12:27:09 am by One »

ricky

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 10, 2009, 12:28:43 am »
quote:
Originally posted by One

ricky go ahead an run with poor Helen... If you have nothing else to add.

that is the art of training virgil.

what do you mean if I have nothing else to add,  I'm surprised you grasped any of it,  we'll just have to wait till its another 'new discovery' at your mouse lab. :p

snowman

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 10, 2009, 12:28:49 am »
Oh good i guess that clarifies everything now....[:I]

One

• Technology Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 10, 2009, 12:31:25 am »
GEEEZZZ

If I ever have to choose, Snowman
I will choose my own love even if it leads to indulge myself or my loved companion.
We were given Passion as well everything in moderation is just that.

I choose to believe and live!

One

• Technology Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 10, 2009, 12:35:59 am »
ricky,
Tell it to the hand!

Gnite.

snowman

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 10, 2009, 12:59:25 am »
One,
Then you will also respect my passion. It is and always be to Life itself. (life(2))

And Ricky, Loud you may be, but cunning you are...

I look forward to future explorations. This is probably the first decent deep conversation I've had in quite a while. Thanks.

I will be on the road to Yellowstone National Forest for vacation starting this coming Thursday morning. It should last around 8 days. I'll bring a Laptop and report on my bear hunting progress.[:D]

I'm looking forward to more conversations like this. You are welcome to email me with anything you deem as too touchy for this forum...

Goodnight,

[:)][:D][8D]

ricky

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 10, 2009, 07:50:08 pm »
in the end i suspect half the fun is getting there,  you guys are fun to talk with despite your erroneous views :)  lol  

Bill819

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: June 11, 2009, 01:11:09 am »
Ricky
Being as you don't list an email address would you email me so we can talk?
Thanks
Bill

ricky

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 11, 2009, 02:23:11 am »
hey Bill,  

would love to talk,  i'm a bit cautious about leaving my email on the net because of all the spam bots.   I tried to email you but the forum email says its not working,  i'll see if i can figure out one of those dispoable email thingies. Or if you want,  contact me through my myspace, and I'll email you my main address from there. I have my email set to friends only,  so ya have to be my friend. I did that also to cut down hacker spam.  The amount of spam on the net alone should give us all an idea how many people will use AI in the future.

ps -  btw one and snowman,  I think you guys are brilliant with your work,  i just love picking on you..since you guys love to pick on me!!    I know that somewhere in the mix of our views,  is a real answer,  I have no doubt. I am honestly honored you guys consider my views at all :)
« Last Edit: June 11, 2009, 09:17:04 am by ricky »

snowman

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 11, 2009, 03:52:46 am »
Yah, well, as you might understand, Ricky. I'm glad as well to discuss anything in this subject. You see, it seems that most people don't have a very long attention span, nor the synapses to stay up with me. This stuff that we have already discussed is just the bare tip of what I have lodge up in my mind. This is good and bad.... and very lonely.

The very thing you see in your mind is untouchable by anyone else....

But if I can establish a Real I in the A.I., as ONE said, then others might be able to see, at least in part, of what I see.

But there is a real possibility in a disaster of a world-wide significance... in all logic, as you have said.

And in all that we have thus far discover in this thread there has been given me the last piece of the puzzle of life.

And it all was in part your fault.... sleep well,

snowman