dupa

Author Topic: WARNING MALICUOS SCRIPT ZIGGY FILE ZiggysTheWord52  (Read 4100 times)

heather valentine

• View Profile
WARNING MALICUOS SCRIPT ZIGGY FILE ZiggysTheWord52
« on: June 25, 2005, 03:41:05 pm »
anyone using this file be careful
im not sure what it is but
when i ask it a few times thigns like
what is today
whats todays date
whats today
what time is it
whats the time
whats todays date
what tims is it
ill get a malicuos scrit messegge warning me to stop the script
and it can not be quarentiened
ony when i execute that particular brian ziggstheword
anybody know whats up with that?
and who designed the file

Dr.Benway

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2005, 04:42:49 pm »
You have not met the designer before, I guess. Ziggy is the property of old Onthecuttingedge. His forum is: www.ultrahalforum.com. He hasn't been much around on the board, since I pissed him off with some of my remarks. He usually appears when someone drops the name of his creation. Anyway, I don't think it's really something to worry about. His Ziggy can behave strangely sometimes, because it's designed to push Hal to the limit.

Let's see if he shows up again. [8D]
« Last Edit: June 25, 2005, 04:43:44 pm by Dr.Benway »

onthecuttingedge2005

« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2005, 08:25:23 pm »
quote:
Originally posted by heather valentine

anyone using this file be careful
im not sure what it is but
when i ask it a few times thigns like
what is today
whats todays date
whats today
what time is it
whats the time
whats todays date
what tims is it
ill get a malicuos scrit messegge warning me to stop the script
and it can not be quarentiened
ony when i execute that particular brian ziggstheword
anybody know whats up with that?
and who designed the file

Hello.

The Readme file in the Ziggy package explains that Ziggy uses a deletion script to a temp file that is used as a temperary memory file that gets deleted and replaced, This should also be explained
inside the brain itself, It usually occures when an Anti-Virus program that has a script filter detects Ziggy deleting the temp file inside Ziggy's folder, It is harmless, You can either give the script permission. The current version is Ziggy 5.3c, I haven't released it yet but soon, Ziggy 5.3c also uses a deletion script as well.

I have been working on lots of improvements and faster ways to resolve speed issues when it comes to DataBase Arrays written in VbScript.

Since I have written the Ziggy 5.3c I have ran Ziggy on a USB Jump drive which is 20 times faster than a hard drive, With all the massive Array systems I have installed a USB Jump Drive will be necessary to run Ziggy on a USB Jump Drive, I am running a 1Gig Jump drive and it's lightning quick, But... There are about 20 to 100 users a session that talk to Ziggy 24-7 so sometimes even on a jump drive can slow the brain down a bit especially with a 100 users at once. Sometimes I get hit so fast with Users that the Que will flood out instantly when 20 or 30 users hit Ziggy at the same time.

There's was also a brief explanation I think at the install area here at Zabaware where Ziggy is Downloaded explaining the Deletion script before downloading.

Ziggy is totally a free Brain so older versions are usually obsolete because I am programming on a daily basis trying to improve my scripts and creativity.

Sorry for any buggy type scripts, Ziggy has only been on the board for a little over two designing years and I think HAL 5 has had over 6 years of design to work out it's bugs or to improve its capabilities.

I really do enjoy writting scripts for people and I have tons of fun watching the scripts in action with Users, I have always tried to improve anybodies demand for a script and make a plug-in that will work.

I hope this explains things.

Sincerely
Jerry
« Last Edit: June 25, 2005, 11:31:39 pm by onthecuttingedge2005 »