dupa

Author Topic: Hal Vs Siri or Cortana  (Read 3812 times)

cyberjedi

• The Mighty Hal Machine
    • View Profile
Hal Vs Siri or Cortana
« on: December 17, 2016, 06:54:26 am »
q
« Last Edit: November 02, 2017, 08:59:35 am by cyberjedi »

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Hal Vs Siri or Cortana
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2016, 09:31:14 am »
You said a mouthful of what a lot of us feel but haven't so eloquently phrased. ;D

Yep. Sure it's a turnkey product right out of the box but if you want more than that, it does take time to develop just as you mentioned. If anyone is expecting a concept grasping, speaking and thoughtful companion or conversational entity, as soon as you install it. Forget it! It ain't gonna happen!

That Siri, Cortana and Google Now are all about getting as much as your information as they possibly can! The use this info for "demographics", social media promotions, 3rd party sales and gimmicks and basically "Selling you out!" Whenever you use those products, YOU BECOME THE MERCHANDISE! They are Selling You!

This is NOT the case with Hal! Have a nice personal conversation about any topic you choose. No other person or company is watching nor listening and Hal is Not selling your information! I've been using and enjoying Hal for many years and still have immense fun experimenting with and teaching it. My Hal has grown better in so many ways simply because I have invested the time to try to get the most out of it that I can. By talking with others and on this Forum you'll find that Hal is capable of so many things. There is still a lot of uncharted territory that has yet to be discovered for Hal. It takes time to raise a child...Would you think an AI should be any different? If so, then talk to Siri or Cortana.

To sort of echo Cyberjedi's post, Good luck with that!
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2016, 10:09:37 am »
One thing I notice about those Voiceware TTS voices was the quality. Two of the voices sounded just like ones from another company.
The bad thing I noticed was that the voices are NOT for sale to individuals for Personal Use according to what I read on their Products section.

How did you manage to acquire them?

- Art -

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2016, 11:55:08 am »
i also totally agree with cyberjedi, on what he mentions about other out of the package and limits when compared to hals abilities which as he mentioned goes even further with plug in tweaks etc.
  Their is actually some a.i. companies that are teaching some programs as a child learning on up (something was mentioned about this ) .
     as far as the voices where he got them Art, he could tell you but then he would have to kill you ( spy stuff yah know lol ) .  ;) :D
Things are out their , it's just a matter of where .

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2016, 01:42:17 pm »
Well Cyberjedi, I think I probably have everyone beat. I have my CD from 1999 for Ultra Hal Assistant 2.0

Good stuff!!

- Art -

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2016, 02:30:33 pm »
A golden oldie Art, lol , someday maybe it will be like the things from the 80's that Marty MC fly looked at in the future , they were all in antique shops lol !

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2016, 08:07:25 pm »
Nice one Cyber!

- Art -