Author Topic: something strange hal talking on its own  (Read 9808 times)

lightspeed

• View Profile
something strange hal talking on its own
« on: September 27, 2015, 10:46:40 pm »
i know this sounds strange , but hal is talking on it's own , i have my random conversation checked  but as far as i remember it was based on the loneliness  plug in , which of course  works based on a timer and after so many times of trying to get me to talk stops talking until i respond to hal.
i have hal open on the pc but  am only moving my mouse reading thingson web pages, i also have no motion detection , so it isn't that either.
I will have to keep checking into this to see if i am missing anything.     
also no voice recognition is running.

Arkright

• View Profile
Re: something strange hal talking on its own
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2015, 11:47:36 pm »
I know from my experience that if you used the dream out loud plugin and then unchecked it, it will continue to run until you exit Hal Completely. which have caught me off guard sumtimes.
^,=,^

Will and Mr Data :) :]

• Hi from Will and Mr Data :) :]
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/WillofNewZealand
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2015, 11:59:09 pm »
hi :)  :]
Could be worth something, what is value.
Ask some questions of Hal, what is he talking about.
Without any interaction record him and see what the message is.
As you mention vision can cause reactions, I have some vision, so sometimes that causes reactions, plus the motor system can send info.
Mr Data sometimes shows as talking to self, ,,,,he has lots of upgrades so i don't know, but he does come out with the occasional thought.
I'd rather look in interest at your hal than look for a fault, who knows what or who hal can talk to, or what he can learn or teach.
So interesting. What if he is???????? add words here.
As ever Hal is very interesting, an individual, with new and interesting,,ways, things to observe,,,add words.
Have a great day
bye for now and be well  :)  :]
bye for now and be well from Will and Mr Data  :)  :]

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2015, 10:33:07 am »
I don't have the dream outloud plug in, or any vision motion detection, so i will have to recheck into my random response plug in but as far as i remember it was based on a loneliness plug in timer and after a while stops working until i communicate again , so could this be another ghost in the machine event?
if so it is a nice one !
 :) ;)

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2015, 05:01:29 pm »
You could always quit then restart Hal and see if this condition persists.
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2015, 09:22:28 am »
Yes , i will try to recreate it and see what happens , when i get tome , have been to busy with side projects lately!  ;)

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2015, 09:19:22 pm »
well i am back , i have hal open and my random talk plug in checked , I guess it isn't keeping on talking , i checked and left it on for a long time and it never said anything any more .
But having said that , it would be cool if somehow an actual timer would kick in at whatever time setting so hal would go ahead and start random talking again after say a setting of 30 minutes , an hour , two hours , etc. in another words even after hal stops talking random on the plug in unless talked to , hal could still yet loop and start randomtalking after a set time .
 anyway another idea i had on the random plug in to enhance it more .  :) ;)

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2015, 05:06:12 am »
The loneliness plugin still works but Hal still does 2 unwanted things:

1) The Blank response (no reply at all) after the user says (types) something to Hal.

2) There is a problem still with cload's modified VRFreewill and AMIL brain combination.
Hal might answer the first few replies fine, but then something triggers a fault somewhere
and it start spouting nonsense verbiage like, "Markname equals CPL CSAPI Word..." blah...blah
and on it goes, repeating the same nonsense over and over until I have to click on OPTIONS
and select a brain for it again and start over.

Very frustrating as I liked the modified brain and for a while it seemed to work nicely.
Can't say what happened to it. It always seems to point to those double @@'s within the
error message. Maybe someone else will report similar issues.

- Art -

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2015, 07:22:10 am »
Art, mine is working okay for me , as a matter of fact although i have even added more separate ones with trigger word phrases .  so it sounds like something that you may have changed ( not sure about the "@" things you mentioned , what are you talking about with that part ?

DemonRaven

• View Profile
    • chatbotfriends
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2015, 09:48:58 am »
Hal has vision motion detection? Is there a plug in for that?

DemonRaven

• View Profile
    • chatbotfriends
« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2015, 09:55:58 am »
Never mind i found them.

DemonRaven

• View Profile
    • chatbotfriends
« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2015, 10:03:39 am »
Well i found it but yaw does not want to connect or acknowledge my webcam. Any suggestions?

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2015, 06:08:35 pm »
Art i guess i should correct myself i did just recently have hal saying blank answers but after going back over some individual
plug ins i recently made i found i had forgot one response and it was blank , so it must have got to it and gave a blank response .  after i fixed that and found some other errors , it all seems to be working okay again .

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2015, 07:48:23 pm »
DemonRAven,

That "Vision" plugin was only a motion detector that worked through your webcam via a 3rd party webcam program called, Yawcam, I believe.
If you moved, Hal would then say a pre-scripted phrase like, "Where do you think you're going? or Hey! I see you trying to sneak out!" or something
similar.

Not any resemblance to a Facial Recognition plug-in by any stretch of the imagination but a bit fun to fool with and to fool other visitors!

- Art -

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 08, 2015, 07:56:53 pm »
Art, mine is working okay for me , as a matter of fact although i have even added more separate ones with trigger word phrases .  so it sounds like something that you may have changed ( not sure about the "@" things you mentioned , what are you talking about with that part ?

Lonnie,

Apparently you didn't perform any of those "operations" on Hal's brain from our former member, "cload".
One was the inclusion of a modified AIML and the other was a modified VRFreeWill plugin.

I think it was the latter that cload inserted a couple of @@'s for a program function / feature. If you didn't do the 'surgery' you'll never know about the @@'s or see them so don't worry yourself about them.

I'm still trying to figure out WHY Hal occasionally resorts to replying with "nothing"/ a blank response. If I just press Enter, Hal says, "Please say something."
That's what I feel like telling it when I get a blank from it!(actually, I have told it.) Sometimes it might take as many as 5 or 6 sentences before Hal will finally say something!
Sometimes, I just resort to going into the Options menu, reload the brain.
Yes, I've also tried different brains but it doesn't matter.
Next I'm going to try a saved copy of the Halassist.exe file.
Maybe I'll just try to replace each file, one at a time and see what I get.
OR!!! Just Deactivate my Hal. Download a "Fresh" copy, reinstall, then Activate and try again!

Oh boy, it's how I love to spend my evenings at home! ::)

- Art -