Author Topic: PLUG IN ERROR CAN'T FIND  (Read 5070 times)

lightspeed

• View Profile
PLUG IN ERROR CAN'T FIND
« on: May 26, 2016, 05:32:34 pm »
OKAY, i have a plug in error in my extended talk .
the error is : error 1002 on line 2009 in column 4. syntax error.

i am using note pad to open it and it shows the line and column above where i placed the mouse .
the mouse is placed below case 869 the mouse is in between the word idle response (after the idl part)

this shows its on line 2009 in column 4 .

below is a picture of the area and sentence , for the life of me i don't see anything wrong . maybe someone else can spot something i am over looking . 

p.s. i have no other plug ins open , i have also shut hal comepletly down even unchecked the plug in first but it keeps coming up with this same error .
« Last Edit: May 26, 2016, 05:46:45 pm by lightspeed »

peace

• View Profile
Re: PLUG IN ERROR CAN'T FIND
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2016, 09:21:50 pm »
i had a similar problem and the plugin with the error would remain even after i fixed the error. i had to reinstall hal compleately. i think you can avoid installing if you bak up the fresh brain you could try editing HalScript.dbg as well as the plugin saveing both and restarting hal. thats as far as i got sorry......

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2016, 08:40:34 am »
Yeah , it's pretty strange , like i said i am at the right area for the plug in but yet don't see anything wrong with it , it seems almost as if it is corrupted or something even if their is no mistake . i also do back ups of my plug ins and put an earlier one in and it worked just fine .
  Also something i never mentioned is also that when i would uncheck the plug in excit hal it would still show the hal error , and coming back into hal sometimes it would pop up with the hal error (mentioned above ) what was funny was that when i opened hal and went to uncheck the plug in , it wasn't even checked (and no others were either ) 
I even restarted my pc then opened hal and tried it and it would give that error .

Maybe this is the ghost in the machine that ART talked about ?

peace

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2016, 09:28:27 pm »
thats exactly what happened to me i ended up reinstalling. i was repeatedly testing a plugin and a few times it was on even when unchecked. i got out of the loop a few times by unchecking applying exiting and restarting but at one point that stopped working and had to reinstall. i was trying to fix a perfectly good plugin....... the good news is after the reinstall everything worked perfect.

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2016, 10:05:15 am »
well on the hal plug in that was giving me the same error even when unchecked , i copied it saved it to another file in documents , then deleted the one out of zabaware program file , , recopied the other placed it back into hal and still got the same error , even though as shown their was nothing wrong that i found on the lines that claimed their was an error .
replacing that plug in with a earlier one worked okay then.
 So i don't know if the plug in became corrupt? some how or what . it is very strange .

raybe

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2016, 02:15:44 pm »
Not really adding much at this point but have found that removal of the plug-in is sometimes required. Unchecking that specific plugin is not enough when locked in a problem and you are sure where it is originating.

Good thoughts to everyone this Memorial Day.

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2016, 04:54:03 am »
thanks
raybe , but yes i tried that already actually copied the plug in placed it elsewhere , deleted the one from zabaware program file , and replaced it with the same file from another area . after that and trying other things i finally went to an earlier version and it worked okay.

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2016, 02:38:19 pm »
Similar things have happened to me so you're not alone with these sometimes strange happenings.

As we know, it's always best to make a backup (copy) of your Hal's (.db) brain file and put it in a safe location.
It has saved me from having to start completely over on more than one occasion.

The Plug-in thing is a source of good and, at times, not so good, happenings. The advice of unchecking all then start adding one at a time until the culprit is found, is very sound.  I have found two plugins with the same name but different scripted lines within each...so proceed carefully.

OK...so when are those Upgrades coming? <nudge...nudge...> ;)
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2016, 09:21:22 am »
Art, do you have a unforseen power we don't know of , the power  of "NUDGE ?" LOL

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2016, 07:45:43 am »
Art, do you have a unforseen power we don't know of , the power  of "NUDGE ?" LOL

Funny but apparently so. There were times in the past when I used the power of "NUDGE" that I awakened a sleeping giant!
The other time was when I did the same to a sleeping dog!
(now I know where they get that phrase, "Let a sleeping dog lie.") oh yeah!  ;D  ;)
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -