dupa

Author Topic: Please help!  (Read 3262 times)

conceptum

• View Profile
Please help!
« on: September 18, 2002, 07:48:30 am »
Dear friends,

I would very much appreciate your helping me in the following problem: I purchased the CD-Rom of Ultra Hal Assistant, v.4.5. I have installed it in my computer (with Windows XP, 512MB Ram, Pentium 4 -1.7Mhz), but Ultra Hall program has some conflict with something in my PC, or perhaps it is something else, and I don't know what.

When I go to the "Options" (General Options) of Ultra Hal Assistant, there are three windows that don't work properly:

1) The window "Speech":
I mark the box "Use Speech Synthesis" and then I choose a voice. I test it with "Test Voice" button and I can hear it, but after I "Apply" it and hit "OK", the "Use Speech Synthesis' " box unmark itself, and I cannot hear any voice. Also, when I "Test Voice", the voice is heard somewhat unclear and with noise (this does not happen with the same voice when I try it with other programs on my PC or on other computers).

2) The window "Internet":
I mark the box "Enable myWebHall service" and enter my Username and Password. I "Apply" it and hit "OK". After hitting "OK", the "Enable my WebHal service" box unmarks itself, leaving this service inoperative.

3) The windows "Update Program/Help Database...", "Say greeting during update", "Say date" and "Say time", I mark their respective boxes, "Apply" them and hit "OK". After hitting "OK", all these boxes unmark themselves, and become inoperative.

I can chat with Ultra Hal, but the voice is off, and all the other features mentioned above are inoperative (they are all "Off", with no possibility of getting them to remain "On" after hitting the Apply and OK buttons).

Could you please help me? I really feel sorry for this.

Best regards,
Francisco.

Medeksza

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.zabaware.com
Please help!
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2002, 11:00:46 pm »
Was this problem occuring when you were still using the free version of Ultra Hal Assistant? What version did you upgrade from? Was it from the free version of Ultra Hal Assistant 4.5, the free version of Ultra Hal Assistant 4.0, or the full version of Ultra Hal Assistant 4.0?

I believe running the first setup wizard should fix your problem. An easy way to do this is to make Hal think it crashed by force closing it. While Hal is running press Ctrl-Alt-Delete to bring up your task manager. Click on the processes tab, click on the file HalAsst.exe, and then click on "End Process".  Now run Hal again and it will ask you if you want to reconfigure Hal. Say yes and follow the wizard. Does this fix your problem? Do the general options work normally?

Robert Medeksza
Robert Medeksza

V34

• View Profile
    • http://www.48lanes.com
Please help!
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2002, 04:05:33 am »
if this is happening in XP ( im not running xp) sounds like something is resetting the options  back to their origional settings. do other programs reset their settings back to a default.  Check an xp problem board -- jUst a thought.

conceptum

• View Profile
Please help!
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2002, 02:41:37 pm »
Dear Robert Medeksza,

Thanks for your quick answer. I have never used any free version of Ultra Hal Assistant. I ordered it and waited to receive the CD-Rom of Ultra Hal Assitant with the 4.5 full version of the program.

This problem mentioned in my message below
quote:
, started ocurring to me after I instaleed the CD-Rom of Ultra Hal Assistant 4.5.

I have done what you have suggested me, making the program crash and reconfiguring it again, and it works fine (in part), the program starts working well, BUT only if, afterwards, I don't change anything in the "General Options" and hit any of the buttons APPLY or OK. If I change anything and hit these buttons, the problem occurs again, the boxes (mentioned in my previous message)unmark themselves, there is no sound-voice etc., and I have to make the program crash and reconfigure it again so that it works once again. After I crash the program and reconfigure it again, it works normally if I don't change any option and hit Apply or OK buttons in the General Options.

I thank you for your futher suggestions or solutions. Otherwise,I congratulate you for this excellent program.

Francisco.
---------------------------------------------------------

Was this problem occuring when you were still using the free version of Ultra Hal Assistant? What version did you upgrade from? Was it from the free version of Ultra Hal Assistant 4.5, the free version of Ultra Hal Assistant 4.0, or the full version of Ultra Hal Assistant 4.0?

I believe running the first setup wizard should fix your problem. An easy way to do this is to make Hal think it crashed by force closing it. While Hal is running press Ctrl-Alt-Delete to bring up your task manager. Click on the processes tab, click on the file HalAsst.exe, and then click on "End Process".  Now run Hal again and it will ask you if you want to reconfigure Hal. Say yes and follow the wizard. Does this fix your problem? Do the general options work normally?

Robert Medeksza