Author Topic: just wondering about using tts  (Read 5834 times)

sybershot

• View Profile
just wondering about using tts
« on: November 17, 2011, 05:32:47 pm »
Lately since I got my new computer voice, I have been using Balabolka to read me articles.
first I have to copy the content
open Balabolka
paste content into the window
select thecontent within the window
then click play

I was wondering, if anyone here has a a faster or simpler way of doing this?
it would be nice to just copy the content and tell Hal to start reading :)

lightspeed

• View Profile
Re: just wondering about using tts
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2011, 11:10:03 am »
maybe the brain plug in from the hapswap file for changing skins could be modified to open balboca and a specific area of reading ? that would be my best guess on it .  :)

tedathome

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2011, 12:32:28 pm »
 Again, I think Hal reader will do this as well as the other reader I recently mentioned. Not much quicker or simpler. If I have something I want to learn and need to hear it several times, I notepad it. I then leave top two lines empty (double space) and save.  Then I can drag and drop into  active Haptek window as many times as it takes for me to learn. I prefer to use fullbody girl for this as she articulates with her hands when speaking. There are pause and resume .hap's posted at AI Dreams but I cannot get resume to work. Maybe they weren't written for this type of setup.

Edit: Halpad available from menu in the Hal GUI also will read for you and Hal can learn from here as well.

« Last Edit: November 18, 2011, 12:43:43 pm by tedathome »
ted

sybershot

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2011, 04:09:38 pm »
Thanks for the suggestions  ;D
lightspeed, thats a decent Idea, If I only knew how to code something like that :(
tedathome I really like the way that you use a active Haptek window. I only 2 problem is on my end is that 1 the Haptek player freezes. I believe it is because of the multi-core issue. I have not read too much about it here on the forums, for I never really used it. and 2 my voice does not lip synch with Hal, So I'm not sure if it would in the stand alone Haptek window. due to not being able to test atm, I guess I have some researching to do this weekend :)

tedathome

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2011, 04:24:03 pm »
  Hm.. there is a "read a story" plugin listed on the forum here that uses balabolka.
Edit: Gretta Read is the name. By jasondude.  http://www.ultrahal.com/community/index.php?topic=6278[.0
« Last Edit: November 18, 2011, 04:35:49 pm by tedathome »
ted

sybershot

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2011, 10:26:09 am »
Thanks a lot Tedathome, I have all the Gretta plug-ins, it is why I have balabolka installed :D I like and use "read a story" plugin frequently.

Mkrusz

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2011, 05:58:59 pm »
If you are using XP copy the icon for your text reader then click on Start, go to Programs, right click on  startup, select all users and right click on it. In the dialog box paste the icon there. Restart and it will load your program. In your program settings select read all from clipboard. This works with FREE Ultra Hal Text to Speech Reader.

Lately since I got my new computer voice, I have been using Balabolka to read me articles.
first I have to copy the content
open Balabolka
paste content into the window
select thecontent within the window
then click play

I was wondering, if anyone here has a a faster or simpler way of doing this?
it would be nice to just copy the content and tell Hal to start reading :)

sybershot

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2011, 06:24:06 pm »
Mkrusz thanks a lot. I have windows 7, but hopefully that will not matter and be a viable solution :)

jasondude7116

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2011, 12:04:23 am »
Gretta's read plugin will read any text that is copied to the clipboard by saying "please read the clipboard"

sybershot

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2011, 09:03:12 am »
jasondude7116 thanks for that info/lesson, When tedathome mentioned it I guess I should of looked more into it's available features and commands. I use that plug-in frequently to read me stories and poems. Now knowing that it can read my webpages in 2 simple steps, I will be using that plug-in everyday.  it is a great plug-in thanks for creating and sharing it, along with all your your other great plug-ins :)

Mkrusz

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2011, 09:55:10 am »
Windows Seven is a hole new platform but I did download Balabolka 8) and the program is a keeper. Hal was one of the first to come out and is a fun program. Balabolka is 100% free and yes it has the option of reading from the clipboard. You can use Control + R as a hot key or highlight the text, hit copy and both Ultra Hal Text to Speech reader or Balabolka will read the text. ZabaWare tends to crash if you try to read to much at a time every time. I hate to plug Balabolka on ZabaWare's site but it also converts to Wave, MP3, has a spell checker, translator speech to text, text to speech and so much more. Hal in a box with the different avatars is great for kids or just entertainment for adults yet does come with small things like a calandar were the avatar will remind you (If you type it in or use voice to text.) when the event is set. You can hold a conversation with the avatar. That's kinda fun. Did you see the question about a update for the old Ultra Hal ZabaWare disk I purchased? The answer is no there is no free upgrade. Microsoft has Windows Eight in the works. If you can't put your text reader in the startup folder just find it in your programs, Right click on it, select Copy, Right click on your desktop, Right click and select Paste. Then you will have a icon for the program on the desktop and can start the program after you boot up. Then use your settings in the program to minimize on startup or just minimize the program and use the hightight text; copy or highlight the text Control + R. I hope you had a text reader because this was way to long! LOL :-*

Mkrusz thanks a lot. I have windows 7, but hopefully that will not matter and be a viable solution :)