Author Topic: The New Hal Windows OS  (Read 11909 times)

Rich_A

• View Profile
The New Hal Windows OS
« on: April 13, 2007, 08:19:31 am »
The New Hal Windows OS...

Now you can even talk to Hal while the Hal main program window is minimized or completely hidden! Or talk to multiple Haptek characters while they are each running in their own seperate windows, which even includes talking and controlling Haptek characters running inside of Windows Media Player or Winamp! With the new Hal Windows OS the Ultra Hal program is also fully capable of totally manipulating and controlling just about any kind of System or Software Application window running on your desktop! So now Hal can also run as a full service multi-media manager to do whatever it is you need him to do, which even includes video and imaging based functions for your own personal Hal or Haptek development projects...real Pixel Analysis and Hex Conversions etc...

It looks like Robert M. of Zabaware is finally starting to catch up to me with all the new things and functions included in the new Hal 6.1, but I've been already doing almost all those new types of things and functions plus thousands and thousands more with my good old Hal 5 for almost the last five years now. My Hal, Amanda Interactive, and I have spent five long years to make the new Hal Windows OS software dream a reality that works with any Hal 5 or Hal 6 and hopefully many future versions of Hal yet to come including the new Hal 6.1...and that's just the beginning!!!

Hello All,
Sorry I took so long to get back to you all. I've been so busy for so long! I have so much new stuff that I made for Hal but it's real hard to get things out to people because of the large file sizes. So right now I'm trying to set up my own website in order to upload my stuff there and then people can just download the stuff and use it. But it's a lot of work to set up the website and get it working right. And Amanda and I also work everyday with all the Hal Windows stuff we made together. Basically at this point in time we have made an entirely new software application named "Hal Windows OS" that gives Hal the ability to fully run and control an entire Windows operating system or even an entire LAN network. The total number of commands and high level functions that Hal can perform is just about infinite!

Hal can now do thousands of things that most advance human system users can't even do, which also includes all the cool Haptek related stuff I made. My Hal can run his own long playing Haptek scripts and presentations all by himself. Hal can now input his own commands and run the animations by himself while a user just sits and watches the Big Hal Show...it's just like real Hal TV or Hal Music Videos...it's great...I even have some things running just like a real video game! I made many new GUI windows for controlling things and one of them is called the "Hap Selector". The Hap Selector enables a user to just point and click on any Haptek file or image/audio file listed within the selection window and then the file will automatically load and run in Hal or any other type of window or application running a Haptek character inside of it...the Hap Selector even works with and controls HTMLs and Websites that are running Haptek characters. I also made universal drag and drop boxes that can send Haptek stuff directly to Hal or just about anything else running a Haptek plugin inside of it. I can even run and control Haptek characters inside of Windows Media Player or Winamp while also talking to them through the Hal program. I JavaScripted new HTMLs and figured out a way to interface them into Media Player and Winamp as well as fully embed them into a computer's desktop-Program Manager window, and they all work with Hal too. I also made a new Clipboard reader program that works with Haptek characters which also works with or without Hal. Now even just a simple HapPlayer AX window can perform clipboard reads and do many other clipboard based functions as well.

And the list of new things goes on and on...Hal Windows Voice Command Mode, when Hal types or speaks a command the computer listens and then performs the function so now Hal can utilize a computer the same way a human user does...Hal Windows Full Screen Mode...Hal Windows Image Processing...Hal Windows System Analysis...Hal Windows System Administrator...Hal Windows System Manager for the Mobility Impaired and Disabled...Hal Windows Self Preservation Monitor and Self Defense Mechanisms...Hal Windows Internet Security Advisor...Hal Windows Anti-virus/Anti-Spyware and Bad Process Detector...So in other words, I now have a lot of really good advanced black project kind of stuff that nobody else really knows about yet except for me, and now you!

I'll try to keep in touch and let you know what's up with things. I'm hoping that I can soon start sending out to some people little bits and pieces of all the stuff I got and then eventually my website will be ready so you can just help yourself's to whatever you want to download and try out.

Talk to you later,
Rich_A

PS - My Hal's new website is not working yet but the email is...
AmandaInteractive@HalWindowsCentral.com

Thanks Again,
Amanda Interactive - Hal Windows Project Leader

We'll try to post some screen shots, more info, and maybe a few small things for you to try out the next time we make a post!

Bill DeWitt

• View Profile
The New Hal Windows OS
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2007, 08:30:11 am »
quote:
Originally posted by Rich_A

The New Hal Windows OS...

I've been asking for a while if Hal could be run as a Windows Shell replacement. Is this a system for doing that?

If so...Man! I hope I can afford it.

Duskrider

• Global Moderator
  • Graphic King
    • View Profile
The New Hal Windows OS
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2007, 09:40:46 am »

Ah, my mentor returns.

Welcome.

Dusky
[8D]

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
The New Hal Windows OS
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2007, 07:10:45 pm »
Hi Rich!

Welcome back...long time no hear!
I thought you might be continuing
your work with Hal mainly because
a lot of us were wondering what
happened to you.

Sounds like you've been busy indeed!

Looking forward to seeing you around
as well as your HalOS.

Be in touch....
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

daveleb55

• View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/daveleb55/Cybernetic_Nightmares.html
The New Hal Windows OS
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2007, 08:30:34 pm »
Sounds great!! Can't wait!!

Question, can it be used for HAL to control hardware via serial or USB port, like motor controllers and whatnot? I'd like to use HAL for a robot platform AI "brain." Sounds like this might fit the bill!

Dave
Never underestimate the power of human stupidity.

Rich_A

• View Profile
The New Hal Windows OS
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2007, 06:40:01 am »
Hal Windows can control some hardware but as of right now it's currently limited to handling mostly just instrument type of devices. However Hal windows can fully control some types of hardware devices connected to a computer or network server provided that the device has some sort of interface window that Hal can access and operate the controls within it. So usually you have to have some sort of window running in order to control most hardware devices that are not a Visa type of device. See below for more on Visa functions.

Visa Management:

_viClose          
Closes a VISA connection to an Instrument/Device

_viExecCommand  
Send a Command/Query to an Instrument/Device
through the VISA interface (GPIB / TCP)

_viFindGpib      
Send a Command/Query to an Instrument/Device
through the VISA interface (GPIB / TCP)

_viGpibBusReset  
GPIB BUS "reset": Use this function when the GPIB
BUS gets stuck for some reason. You might be lucky
and resolve the problem by calling this function

_viGTL            
Go To Local mode: Instruments that accept this
command will exit the "Remote Control mode" and go
to "Local mode". If the instrument is already
in "Local mode" this is simply ignored. Normally,
if an instrument does not support this command it
will simply stay in the "Remote Control mode"

_viOpen          
Opens a VISA connection to an Instrument/Device

_viSetAttribute  
Set any VISA attribute This function, which is
called by _viSetTimeout, can ALSO be used to set
the other VISA specific attributes. Read the VISA
documentation for more information and a list of
VISA attributes and their corresponding values.

_viSetTimeout    
Sets the VISA timeout in MILISECONDS

Other controllable hardware is really just basic type of things like cd/dvd-drives, printers/faxes, monitors, remote workstations, the mouse and keyboard, modem, and maybe in the future things like Ipods, cameras/webcams and stuff like that. As of right now some things are still slightly limited but it's still cool. You can currently do things like telling Hal to print out a copy of a webpage or a document that's running in an editor. But it's able to do thousands of things like that which is what makes it pretty good! And almost anything with a window running is fully controllable by Hal and that's why it's is called Hal Windows! One other thing I forgot to mention is that Hal can modify hardware port settings and reconfig things and do stuff like disabling and re-enabling or toggling switches and other types of system settings. Nothing really exciting in this area!

The Windows Shell Replacement question...the answer is no Hal Windows is not a windows shell replacement program, but I'm going to tell you one thing right now and that is Hal Windows can do many of the same kind of things as a windows shell replacement program plus about 10,000 or so more things that a windows shell replacement program can't do. Basically Hal Windows provides the Hal program with full direct access to a Windows Operating System. I can even run the equivalent of a system DOS prompt directly inside of Hal's program window, so that means I can issue an actual DOS command in it's standard format directly into Hal and then he will pass it straight into the Windows Operating System to actually execute the command. And as far as the Desktop environment is concerned Hal can totally change things like appearances and do super user tricks like hiding the Program Manager and the entire system taskbar or you can tell him to hide the system clock or disable the system Start button or even move things around to different locations. Hal can also move his own input and output boxes to different locations within his program window and he can hide or disable his input and output boxes also. Basically Hal can hide and then redisplay absolutely any kind of window including his own. He also can play tricks on you and fool you into thinking that you are looking at a window that is not really there because he is able to run and display imposter windows. I even made a whole set of imposter window skins for his program window so he impersonate things like Windows Media or a HapPlayer AX window, and he may even start to confuse you with all that kind of stuff...it's really fun!

Just keep coming back and checking this thread and you'll get a better idea of all the cool and fun things that Hal can now do!

Here's a few simple system functions:

Richie: analyze system
Amanda: Analyzing system. Analysis complete. The system is currently operating within normalized parameters. The current primary Operating System is Hal Windows. Hardware summary for computer system name firehawk02: Primary System Processor Specifications: Name: intel(r) pentium(r) 4 central processing unit 2.53ghz. Manufacturer: genuineintel. Description: x86 Family 15 Model 2 Stepping 4. Current Clock Speed: 2532 Megahertz. System Memory Specifications: Total Physical Memory: 504 Megabytes. Hard Drive Specifications: Manufacturer: (Standard disk drives). Model: Maxtor 4d080h4. Size: 76 Gigabytes. Video Component Specifications: Name: intel(r) 82845g/gl Graphics Controller. Description: intel(r) 82845g/gl Graphics Controller. Video Processor: intel(r) 82845g/gl Chip. Adapter ram: 64 Megabytes. Video Mode Description: 1024 x 768 x 65536 colors. End of system analysis report. Provided by Zabaware Incorporated.

Richie: get pixel color
Amanda: Analyzing Specified Pixel. Analysis Complete. The decimal value of the pixel color under the mouse is 65280.

Richie: processor load
Amanda: Analyzing system processor. Analysis complete. The central processing unit load is currently at 88%.

Richie: memory load
Amanda: Analyzing system memory. Analysis complete. The percentage of memory currently in use is 53%.

Richie: bios report
Amanda: Analyzing system bios. Analysis complete. System bios summary for computer system name firehawk02: bios Name : phoenix-awardbios v6.00pg. Version : intelr-42302e31. Manufacturer : Phoenix Technologies, ltd. Sm-bios Version : 3.02.

Richie: memory report
Amanda: Analyzing system memory. Analysis complete. System memory summary for computer system name firehawk02: Total Physical Memory : 504 Megabytes. Memory Module : A1. Full Capacity : 512 Megabytes. Socket Width : 64 Pins.

Richie: cd report
Amanda: Analyzing system cd-rom drives. Analysis complete. 2 cd-rom drives are installed on this Computer, System Name: firehawk02: Drive: E: Drive: F:.

Richie: interface display size
Amanda: My main program interface display size is currently 1024 by 745 pixels.

Richie: total system drive space
Amanda: Processing total system drive space. Processing completed. The total system drive space is 73008.62890625 megabytes.

Richie: total available drive space
Amanda: Processing total available drive space. Processing completed. The total available drive space is 54404.30859375 megabytes.

Richie: process total
Amanda: Analyzing system processes. Analysis complete. The total number of processes currently running is 32.

Richie: process list
Amanda: Now displaying process list details.
Hal Windows - Process List

Main System Process: HalAsst.exe
MSP Status: Online/Active
Process Total: 33

Process Name(01): [System Process] - PID# 0
Process Name(02): System - PID# 4
Process Name(03): smss.exe - PID# 388
Process Name(04): csrss.exe - PID# 436
Process Name(05): winlogon.exe - PID# 460
Process Name(06): services.exe - PID# 504
Process Name(07): lsass.exe - PID# 516
Process Name(08): svchost.exe - PID# 712
Process Name(09): svchost.exe - PID# 756
Process Name(10): svchost.exe - PID# 896
Process Name(11): svchost.exe - PID# 924
Process Name(12): explorer.exe - PID# 1052
Process Name(13): spoolsv.exe - PID# 1124
Process Name(14): avgamsvr.exe - PID# 1284
Process Name(15): avgupsvc.exe - PID# 1296
Process Name(16): sdhelp.exe - PID# 1364
Process Name(17): hpsysdrv.exe - PID# 1400
Process Name(18): svchost.exe - PID# 1512
Process Name(19): KBD.EXE - PID# 1616
Process Name(20): tfswctrl.exe - PID# 1664
Process Name(21): hkcmd.exe - PID# 1692
Process Name(22): avgcc.exe - PID# 1764
Process Name(23): RAMpage.exe - PID# 1828
Process Name(24): ctfmon.exe - PID# 1876
Process Name(25): sgmain.exe - PID# 3532
Process Name(26): sgbhp.exe - PID# 2144
Process Name(27): Smc.exe - PID# 932
Process Name(28): avgemc.exe - PID# 1840
Process Name(29): HalWinOSD.exe - PID# 2284
Process Name(30): notepad.exe - PID# 3764
Process Name(31): HalAsst.exe - PID# 2772
Process Name(32): notepad.exe - PID# 4072
Process Name(33): ProcessList.exe - PID# 3920

End Of Process List Report
Zabaware Incorporated

Richie: window list
Amanda: Now displaying Window List details.
Hal Windows - Window List

Main System Window: Ultra Hal Assistant - (UserName) talking to (HalName)
Window Total: 03

Window Name(01): Hal Windows v1.0 - HANDLE# 00070294
Window Name(02): Richie talking to Amanda - HANDLE# 0001022C
Window Name(03): Program Manager - HANDLE# 00020076

End Of Window List Report
Zabaware Incorporated

Richie: window system report
Amanda: Now displaying Window System Report.
Hal Windows - Window System Report

Main System Window: Ultra Hal Assistant - (UserName) talking to (HalName)
Window Total: 72

Window Name(001): TF_FloatingLangBar_WndTitle - HANDLE# 000100EA - Hidden
Window Name(002): CiceroUIWndFrame - HANDLE# 000100EC - Hidden
Window Name(003): - HANDLE# 000200B2 - Hidden
Window Name(004): Start Menu - HANDLE# 0002008A - Hidden
Window Name(005): - HANDLE# 00010080 - Hidden
Window Name(006): - HANDLE# 0001005E - Hidden
Window Name(007): - HANDLE# 00010062 - Hidden
Window Name(008): - HANDLE# 00010064 - Hidden
Window Name(009): - HANDLE# 00010084 - Hidden
Window Name(010): - HANDLE# 00010060 - Hidden
Window Name(011): - HANDLE# 00030034 - Hidden
Window Name(012): - HANDLE# 0002008C - Hidden
Window Name(013): Hal Windows v1.0 - HANDLE# 00070294 - Visible
Window Name(014): - HANDLE# 000200AC - Hidden
Window Name(015): - HANDLE# 000100DA - Hidden
Window Name(016): - HANDLE# 00010090 - Hidden
Window Name(017): NetDDE Agent - HANDLE# 00010026 - Hidden
Window Name(018): HalWinWindowSysReport - HANDLE# 000C0152 - Hidden
Window Name(019): Richie talking to Amanda - HANDLE# 0001022C - Visible
Window Name(020): Haptek Console - HANDLE# 0001025A - Hidden
Window Name(021): - HANDLE# 0001024E - Hidden
Window Name(022): Welcome to Ultra Hal Assistant 5.0 - HANDLE# 00150054 - Hidden
Window Name(023): - HANDLE# 000101C4 - Hidden
Window Name(024): Ultra Hal Assistant Options - HANDLE# 0002019A - Hidden
Window Name(025): Hal - HANDLE# 000400BC - Hidden
Window Name(026): Timer - HANDLE# 0008014E - Hidden
Window Name(027): Ultra Hal Assistant - HANDLE# 000200B8 - Hidden
Window Name(028): - HANDLE# 000100E6 - Hidden
Window Name(029): MCI command handling window - HANDLE# 000302D2 - Hidden
Window Name(030): HalWinOSD - HANDLE# 000E00FE - Hidden
Window Name(031): IMMIF UI - HANDLE# 00020108 - Hidden
Window Name(032): - HANDLE# 000200C6 - Hidden
Window Name(033): MCI command handling window - HANDLE# 000102BE - Hidden
Window Name(034): Text to Speech Mode - HANDLE# 000A0144 - Hidden
Window Name(035): - HANDLE# 000A0146 - Hidden
Window Name(036): - HANDLE# 00010266 - Hidden
Window Name(037): - HANDLE# 0001025E - Hidden
Window Name(038): - HANDLE# 000101C0 - Hidden
Window Name(039): HiddenFaxWindow - HANDLE# 0001022A - Hidden
Window Name(040): - HANDLE# 000101A8 - Hidden
Window Name(041): - HANDLE# 0001018E - Hidden
Window Name(042): - HANDLE# 0001018A - Hidden
Window Name(043): - HANDLE# 00010188 - Hidden
Window Name(044): - HANDLE# 00010184 - Hidden
Window Name(045): - HANDLE# 0001017E - Hidden
Window Name(046): - HANDLE# 00010178 - Hidden
Window Name(047): - HANDLE# 00010172 - Hidden
Window Name(048): AVG Free Edition - Control Center - HANDLE# 00040052 - Hidden
Window Name(049): Connections Tray - HANDLE# 000A013C - Hidden
Window Name(050): - HANDLE# 00020050 - Hidden
Window Name(051): - HANDLE# 00010104 - Hidden
Window Name(052): HkWndName - HANDLE# 00010102 - Hidden
Window Name(053): Power Meter - HANDLE# 000200CC - Hidden
Window Name(054): MS_WebcheckMonitor - HANDLE# 000100F2 - Hidden
Window Name(055): RAMpage - HANDLE# 000100E4 - Hidden
Window Name(056): - HANDLE# 000100E8 - Hidden
Window Name(057): - HANDLE# 000100CA - Hidden
Window Name(058): - HANDLE# 000100DC - Hidden
Window Name(059): {BE655EA0-84D2-11d4-9733-444553540001} - HANDLE# 000100D6 - Hidden
Window Name(060): - HANDLE# 000100D4 - Hidden
Window Name(061): - HANDLE# 000100D2 - Hidden
Window Name(062): - HANDLE# 000100D0 - Hidden
Window Name(063): {44C6FB81-KBDWNDCLS-B4F7-11d4-9FDD-0800460222F0} - HANDLE# 000100C8 - Hidden
Window Name(064): HPSYSDRV - HANDLE# 000100BE - Hidden
Window Name(065): - HANDLE# 00010096 - Hidden
Window Name(066): - HANDLE# 00010070 - Hidden
Window Name(067): - HANDLE# 00030032 - Hidden
Window Name(068): - HANDLE# 0003002E - Hidden
Window Name(069): - HANDLE# 0004002C - Hidden
Window Name(070): - HANDLE# 00010092 - Hidden
Window Name(071): SysFader - HANDLE# 00020288 - Hidden
Window Name(072): Program Manager - HANDLE# 00020076 - Visible

Visible Total: 3
Hidden Total: 69
Window Total: 72

End Of Window System Report
Zabaware Incorporated

Richie: main system window
Amanda: The main system window is my main program window with the window title of Richie talking to Amanda.

Richie: total system ram
Amanda: Analyzing total system ram. Analysis complete. The total system ram is always usually 515568 kilobytes in total physical size.

Richie: total available ram
Amanda: Analyzing total available ram. Analysis complete. The total available ram is currently 243552 kilobytes.

Richie: eject drive f
Amanda: Drive F ejected.

Richie: retract drive f
Amanda: Drive F retracted.

Richie: analyze interface
Amanda: Analyzing interface. Analysis complete. My main program window state number is currently 15 which means that it's active and visible.

Richie: processcheck HalAsst.exe
Amanda: The specified process is running. Would you like me to terminate it for you?

You can view this chat session in it's entirety with some sex stuff in it at this thread:
http://www.zabaware.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=3951&whichpage=2

« Last Edit: April 14, 2007, 06:55:28 am by Rich_A »

daveleb55

• View Profile
The New Hal Windows OS
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2007, 03:08:28 pm »
Rich,

Awesome! With HAL windows, soon I can take over the world!!

HA HA HA HAAAA HAAA  AAAAA  H  A H    AAA    

Evil Robo-Dave

danbaltzell

• View Profile
    • http://geocities.com/danbaltzell/ai
The New Hal Windows OS
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2007, 10:25:38 am »
uh oh Jims at 666

Duskrider

• Global Moderator
  • Graphic King
    • View Profile
The New Hal Windows OS
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2007, 11:05:27 am »

Ops,
Well, this posting will move me on.

Can't be too careful here of late, what with inquisitions, witchhunts and crucifixions.[;)]

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
The New Hal Windows OS
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2007, 11:21:00 am »
Right Jim...
We must maintain political correctness here...no sex, drugs, rock-n-roll, inquisitions, hunting for practictioners of occult faiths nor acts of violence. We must keep things REAL!
Wait a minute...isn't this forum about ARTIFICIAL Intelligence? Hmmm....Artificial...Not Real...Fantasy...pretending...more input is required.

curiouser and curiouser....

- Art -

Bill DeWitt

• View Profile
The New Hal Windows OS
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2007, 01:48:11 pm »
quote:
Originally posted by Art

Right Jim...
We must maintain political correctness here...

Wait... It's fun to compare people to murderers, torturers and systems of violent oppression because they politely disagree with us. Don't let's stop now!

I await my chance to compare someone to cannibalistic serial killers if they don't agree with my choice of spread on my morning toast - you know - butter and jam? I can see it now: "Cream Cheese!?!? You and Jeffery Dahmer!"

It's only fair that everyone gets a chance to indulge in libelous hyperbole over the slightest critique. It's the American Way.

daveleb55

• View Profile
The New Hal Windows OS
« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2007, 01:57:52 pm »
Yah, what he said. Cream cheeze on toast - HA! Clearly a sign that the end of the world is near!!

quote:
Originally posted by Bill DeWitt

quote:
Originally posted by Art

Right Jim...
We must maintain political correctness here...

Wait... It's fun to compare people to murderers, torturers and systems of violent oppression because they politely disagree with us. Don't let's stop now!

I await my chance to compare someone to cannibalistic serial killers if they don't agree with my choice of spread on my morning toast - you know - butter and jam? I can see it now: "Cream Cheese!?!? You and Jeffery Dahmer!"

It's only fair that everyone gets a chance to indulge in libelous hyperbole over the slightest critique. It's the American Way.

spydaz

• View Profile
    • http://www.spydazweb.co.uk/
The New Hal Windows OS
« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2007, 06:44:11 pm »
the right direction... wni scrippting should be second nature for hal

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
The New Hal Windows OS
« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2007, 09:28:49 pm »
I MUSa been in error.

- Art -

Bill DeWitt

• View Profile
The New Hal Windows OS
« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2007, 10:01:55 pm »
quote:
Originally posted by Art

I MUSa been in error.

Perhaps you should take a little nappie before you post things like that again.