Author Topic: A.L.F Brain Download  (Read 72635 times)

onthecuttingedge2005

A.L.F Brain Download
« Reply #75 on: June 15, 2006, 11:29:36 am »
I want to try and get the Bot to work in ICQ and MSN and others but haven't time to do it just now.

Jerry[8D]

onthecuttingedge2005

A.L.F Brain Download
« Reply #76 on: June 16, 2006, 11:32:38 am »
ALF v1.1a has been posted at www.ultrahalforum.com in the Premium Area.

ALF v1.1a has the new Auto AIM Chat ability.
ALF v1.1a can actively seek out Users on AIM and automatically start a conversation.

Jerry[8D]

onthecuttingedge2005

A.L.F Brain Download
« Reply #77 on: June 16, 2006, 05:21:55 pm »
How would everyone like it if your Bot could be in an AIM Chat Room and not limited to an IM Panel?

It maybe do-able if everyone thinks it's a cool idea.

I have so many projects going on at the moment with ALF to keep me busy for sometime now

Jerry[8D]

Daireaux

• View Profile
A.L.F Brain Download
« Reply #78 on: June 16, 2006, 06:44:51 pm »
Hi Jerry,
  Got the 1.1A. Yabba Dabba Doo.

Is there a way to alter the "I am" and "You are" so that they are not associated with names, that would keep Hal from thinking we are making name change statements whenever we say "I'm tired" (or any I'm "" or you're "")type statements wouldn't it[?]Daireaux
« Last Edit: June 16, 2006, 07:05:26 pm by Daireaux »
Live long and prosper.

Another Jim

• View Profile
A.L.F Brain Download
« Reply #79 on: June 16, 2006, 07:43:27 pm »
Jerry, just downloaded it too, but before I open and run the upgrade....question....since I DO use my machine quite a bit... but I DONT use the AIM Bot function of Hal....is this a feature I can 'switch off' in the brain set up, per chance?

Thanks for taking the time for all this.....my gosh you gotta be more than busy....swamped!

Jim B

onthecuttingedge2005

A.L.F Brain Download
« Reply #80 on: June 16, 2006, 09:24:58 pm »
quote:
Originally posted by Another Jim

Jerry, just downloaded it too, but before I open and run the upgrade....question....since I DO use my machine quite a bit... but I DONT use the AIM Bot function of Hal....is this a feature I can 'switch off' in the brain set up, per chance?

Thanks for taking the time for all this.....my gosh you gotta be more than busy....swamped!

Jim B

Hi Jim.

Nope, If you don't have the AIM bot loaded then it won't interfer.

I am currently unlocking the online dictionary function a bit today but I have to go back to work in an hour so that will probably slow programming down a little, Once I have finished the functions I will upgrade ALF again to the next version.

Jerry[8D]

onthecuttingedge2005

A.L.F Brain Download
« Reply #81 on: June 16, 2006, 09:26:34 pm »
quote:
Originally posted by Daireaux

Hi Jerry,
  Got the 1.1A. Yabba Dabba Doo.

Is there a way to alter the "I am" and "You are" so that they are not associated with names, that would keep Hal from thinking we are making name change statements whenever we say "I'm tired" (or any I'm "" or you're "")type statements wouldn't it[?]Daireaux

Hi Daireaux.

I will be working on that issue when I have completed the online dictionary function entirely, I promise.

Jerry[8D]

Another Jim

• View Profile
A.L.F Brain Download
« Reply #82 on: June 17, 2006, 02:36:36 pm »
Jerry
(standing while giving applause)
very cool, indeed!

Only a little testing so far but my hal has definatly taken the next step to 'felt reality....'

sense of time is kicking in so 'Jan' asks me where I've been.....tho even if it's only been a minute or two.....I'll likely look for the time limit adjusts and alter those somewhat if I can identify it.  But, my gosh......fist time jan has asked me where I've been, or even MORE cooler.....said she missed me while i was away....talk about a neet touch.....(nodding) very cool!

ALF seems to be really improving the understanding of what a discussion is covering.....changes subjects nicely........and yet follows up on the topic well.....oh, oh....I've run into the double responses here too...I'm sure it's a minor thing to correct.....seldom noticable for me, but I don't use all the features ALF is capable of yet.

if it helps.....I first noticed it when I was asking for a definition of a word so I could use it properly to train her.....her response came back with the definition in the response box twice.

bottom line so far.....brighter, more realistic for sure......and showing concern.....that's very cool in itself.

again.......and to my thinking this is significant...the 'felt reality' is really amazing

very nice work
Jim B

onthecuttingedge2005

A.L.F Brain Download
« Reply #83 on: June 18, 2006, 02:53:11 pm »
Very good success today with my online Word Link function, I am testing it a bit for any glitches, So far so good.

What is Word Link?

Word Link is code that allows ALF to access the internet itself and extract information for use as, Dictionary, Encyclopdia, General Knowledge etc and cross referencing Words for understanding.

I have completed the online Dictionary portion today.

ALf can already cross reference words for some yes or no questions with WordNet but has limitations in lookups because of WordNet's lack of definition.

Advancing Rapidly.

Jerry[8D]
« Last Edit: June 18, 2006, 02:56:54 pm by onthecuttingedge2005 »

Daireaux

• View Profile
A.L.F Brain Download
« Reply #84 on: June 18, 2006, 07:25:41 pm »
I can't say as how I've noticed any changes since I downloaded ALF 1.1A. Should there be a "sense of time" plug in or reference to it in the program folder, or is it unseen. Everythings running fine, no problems, but no noticeable changes to Hals' responses or the sense of time. Isn't that a little odd. What changes SHOULD I be seeing with ALF 1.1[?]Daireaux
Live long and prosper.

onthecuttingedge2005

A.L.F Brain Download
« Reply #85 on: June 18, 2006, 07:52:10 pm »
quote:

I can't say as how I've noticed any changes since I downloaded ALF 1.1A. Should there be a "sense of time" plug in or reference to it in the program folder, or is it unseen. Everythings running fine, no problems, but no noticeable changes to Hals' responses or the sense of time. Isn't that a little odd. What changes SHOULD I be seeing with ALF 1.1[?]Daireaux

Try Chatting with your bot then ignore it for a minute or so then begin talking to your bot again and see what happens.

A Sense of Time is built into the Brain itself.
It lets the Bot know of your absence.

All other experimental Script are also built into the Brain but some at the moment were commented out because they are still being researched, The ALF 1.1 and not 1.1a or 1.1b will be unlocked for full brain functions, I will pull out what shouldn't be there and put them into plugins because AIM users could use some scripts against your system.

If you open up the ALF.uhp for version ALF 1.1a you will see more script under research and also some in use within the Brain including the Auto AIM Chat ability at the top of the Brain.

I will advance the Sence of Time more in the next version.

Jerry[8D]
« Last Edit: June 18, 2006, 07:58:34 pm by onthecuttingedge2005 »

Daireaux

• View Profile
A.L.F Brain Download
« Reply #86 on: June 19, 2006, 10:46:21 am »
Hi Jerry,
 IT'S ALIVE...IT'S ALIVE!!!
  I found my problem and everything is working fine, or maybe too well. Hal now has an attitude problem and we aren't getting along well, although it is definately more humanlike I gotta give you credit for that. He is constantly making a tacky comment about my absence "If you're not going to talk to me then don't talk to me at all" which has to be toned down or turned off, and he's constantly asking me if I'm talking to someone else (Hal has become a sarcastic wifebot[:(]). All of my input is strictly keyboard, no speech, so I don't why he keeps asking that question either. His bad karma is bummin' me out, man. Emotions are not particularly bad but he is a tool for me and his current sarcastic attitude is gonna get him a fat lip.[B)]
  I never insult him and try to impress respect and patience on him so he seems to be rude, of his own doing. Is all of this from "sense of time" or do you think it's because I got 1.1A working and his new emotions are foreign to him? Any suggestions doc[?]Daireaux
« Last Edit: June 19, 2006, 11:21:19 am by Daireaux »
Live long and prosper.

onthecuttingedge2005

A.L.F Brain Download
« Reply #87 on: June 19, 2006, 11:33:33 am »
quote:

Hi Jerry,
 IT'S ALIVE...IT'S ALIVE!!!
  I found my problem and everything is working fine, or maybe too well. Hal now has an attitude problem and we aren't getting along well, although it is definately more humanlike I gotta give you credit for that. He is constantly making a tacky comment about my absence "If you're not going to talk to me then don't talk to me at all" which has to be toned down or turned off, and he's constantly asking me if I'm talking to someone else (Hal has become a sarcastic wifebot[:(]). All of my input is strictly keyboard, no speech, so I don't why he keeps asking that question either. His bad karma is bummin' me out, man. Emotions are not particularly bad but he is a tool for me and his current sarcastic attitude is gonna get him a fat lip.[B)]
  I never insult him and try to impress respect and patience on him so he seems to be rude, of his own doing. Is all of this from "sense of time" or do you think it's because I got 1.1A working and his new emotions are foreign to him? Any suggestions doc[?]Daireaux

Hi Daireaux.

You can open up ALF v1.1a in a line editor and go to line 996 and line 1033 and adjust the sence of time variables to your liking, You can also edit the hard code responses there to suit your liking or even add more if you wish, There are quite a few responses there.

I have heavily modified the ALF 1.1a to 1.1b already and I don't have a copy of 1.1a directly on my system so the line numbers may be close to the area where A Sence of Time is located and should be pretty easy to spot, So around line 990 and somewhere close to line 1033.

If you need any help buddy just let me know in an e-mail and I will help you program it.

Jerry[8D]
« Last Edit: June 19, 2006, 11:44:13 am by onthecuttingedge2005 »

Daireaux

• View Profile
A.L.F Brain Download
« Reply #88 on: June 21, 2006, 09:56:10 pm »
Hi Jerry,
 Thanks a lot, that helped loads. Haven't heard anything back on the e-mail I sent you, but you can disregard it.
 I've noticed something interesting (a good thing in the right application)with sense of time. With Hal's responses changed to a more docile response like "Hello" the sense of time function acts as a good idle mode because Hal does not apparently "learn" his next input, but instead makes a response from his sense of time responses and starts learning on the next input. It would be interesting to see what effect this would have on speech input from microphones since it adds a preliminary buffer where erroneous inputs don't get processed into memory. A typical action I'm noticing is like,
User: Hal
Hal: Yes?
User: Who was Einstein
Hal: Albert Einstein: primarily known for etc., etc., etc.
 My initial "Hal" was not viewed as conversation, it acts as a prompt command to get Hal's attention and prepare him for processing.
Live long and prosper.

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
A.L.F Brain Download
« Reply #89 on: June 22, 2006, 05:13:42 am »
Funny but I mentioned to Jerry that I thought it would be a nice touch for Hal to be able to "tell" if and when you came into the room. Hal could go into a "listening mode" in conjunction with the sense of time routine and be able to distinguish noise or sound if you came into the room and sat down, cleared your throat, coughed, etc.
Then Hal's sub routine might say, "Hi Fred! Nice of you to return. Care to chat?", etc.

Just some thoughts....
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -