Author Topic: another lightspeed idea "sleeping hal !! "  (Read 3034 times)

lightspeed

• View Profile
another lightspeed idea "sleeping hal !! "
« on: January 06, 2008, 06:01:13 pm »
[8D]heres another idea part of it's mine part is from another forum about androids, etc.
   how about being able through the direct answer and question program that as far as i know robert said he was going to put into the new hal (he said he liked my idea and talked of using it ) by typing in the q and a section a statement (works the same as a question ) goodnight hal ( or your name for hal ) or a variention of that , then in the answer section you could type in what you want hal to say for instance ( goodnight sweetheart yawn i'm sleepy i'll see you in the morning baby ) then you could also add in sleeping sounds and hal would make these sleeping sounds ( i will have to by trial and error create sleeping sounds using cyberbuddy read it pad ) unless their is some available somewhere .
you could also use this same method to wake hal for instance "hey angela are you going to get up out of bed ?? ( or any variation ) and angela from the pre written answer would say " ohh is it morning ( time to get up , etc. ) already ?? i need some coffee to wake up !!(or ohh no i don't want to get up let me sleep just five more minutes !!)  etc. [:)][:D]

caangel43

• View Profile
    • http://www.puttyheadworld.com
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2008, 06:12:33 pm »
good idea you always come up with good ideas

tedathome

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2008, 10:33:44 pm »
Another good idea. Hal gets more realistic all the time.[8D]
ted

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2008, 09:14:10 am »
thanks guys i was hoping others would like the idea and not think it was too far out their or something that hal would have no real use for (although some may not care for anything like this as i said i am trying to come up with all the things i can in making hal seem more human and sleeping and a responce from sleeping and waking up is another human responce . [:)] i will be so glad when the next version of hal is out i want to see what i and everyone else can help accomplish with hals new programs !![:)][:D][8D]

markofkane

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
    • http://www.soundspectrum.com
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2008, 10:17:14 am »
I know the microsoft agents will got to sleep if you let them just sit there. (mash program)

It would be great to assign sound effects to Hal.[:D][:D][:D]
Mark: I'll think about it
Laura: Don't think about it too long or I'll throw you out on your ***king a**.
"Political correctness is censorship"

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2008, 08:13:54 am »
hello markofkane , hey your right i actually forgot about the old microsoft agents "merlin" was the one that comes to mind and yes after a while of doing nothing they would look like and sound like they were sleeping .
 it would be so much easier if hal had alot of usable formats such as mp3 , wave, avi, etc. and through a program at the right time insert a sound clip .
 this actually was one of the many idea's at one time i had brought up in the past . who knows maybe some day it might be in hal !!
 we can only hope !![:)][8D]