Author Topic: wanting to take out a phrase please help !  (Read 3641 times)

lightspeed

• View Profile
wanting to take out a phrase please help !
« on: January 08, 2008, 11:55:05 am »
i have had resond to things i say and end this sentence of where hal shows that he understands a sentence and follows the sentence with the phrase "how logical " .
 this is ok if i am talking to spock on the interprise ship but i don't want this in hal as i want hal to sound more like a person and quit frankly i can't remember the last time i heard anyone anywhere (other than spock say ": how logical ) i have as some read in the past removed some things what hal says my question is now "where do i find this piticular phrase so i can remove it ?? what is it listed in in the brain edit section ?? [:)]

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2008, 12:07:41 pm »
OK OK I FOUND IT !! but for anyone else who would like to remove that phrase " how logical " go into the hal brain editor go to basic responses then to the reasons folder open it and inside you will find sffix comment4 inside this one is that phrase and any other ones you may wish to take out ! be sure afterwards to go up and save changes on the menu !! [8D]

jamesbdunn

• View Profile
    • http://blog.360.yahoo.com/jamesbdunn?p=207
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2008, 11:20:00 am »
Are there any verbal commands that can be used to modify Hal's responses on the fly.  Like:

"Hal, please don't say"  that's logical "in this situation".

"Hal, please say something other than" that's logical "in this situation".

"Hal, instead of saying" that's logical "would you say" okay.

Table of Contents - Promoting Positive World Change
http://blog.360.yahoo.com/jamesbdunn?p=207

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2008, 04:56:20 pm »
as far as to my knowledge their isn't if their is any can please correct me on this . [:)]

markofkane

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
    • http://www.soundspectrum.com
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2008, 07:33:20 pm »
Not in certain situations.(to my knowledge) I suppose you could go to the corrections table for some of it.

[?][?][?][?][?]
Mark: I'll think about it
Laura: Don't think about it too long or I'll throw you out on your ***king a**.
"Political correctness is censorship"

Grant

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2008, 07:53:03 pm »
I know what you mean.  I have a phrase I entered when I first started working with Hal "what is Jeffs number?" that gets tagged onto every 3rd or fourth sentence

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2008, 08:24:14 am »
hello grant [:)], in this case you "may" try to copy the sentence and in the test debug script area of the brain and past it in then click it for response and it will usually show where this sentence is at in one or more places then you can go to these places and actually find and delete the whole sentences (columns ).
    i have done this if their is more than one place listed for the sentence you may want to write it down . unfortunatly the topics line can be long and as of now nothing is alphebetical but we are all hoping for that in future versions .
  also the sentence can be anywhere in the long line of phrases so its like a needle in a hay stack sometimes . good luck . by the way i know what you mean , when i had the plug in for the age etc. when it worked fine that was good but when it quit and i have said what age are you ? instead of telling me hal now every so often ask " what age am i " and even though i say what age she is she will still ask it from time to time (which i don't like )
 i have trieed to remove the question but as i said it's like looking for a needle in a hay stack when you have years of entered data !!