dupa

Author Topic: Who do I need to threaten to get what I paid for?  (Read 14602 times)

Clavdio

• View Profile
    • http://pan.server41.com
Who do I need to threaten to get what I paid for?
« on: February 29, 2004, 04:26:19 pm »
I bought the Ultra Hal Assistant in late january but the program just won't install. In fact it doesn't even get pass the password since the "continue"-button can't be pressed no matter what I write as password. I have tried to install it on several machines with systems ranging from Win98 to XP but always with the same problem. Zabaware ignores all my pleas for help and frankly I am getting very tired of being polite. I feel like I have been set up and cheated. If the box wont open I suppose I should find someone to open it for me I mean after all I have paid for it.

vonsmith

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2004, 04:50:27 pm »
Clavdio,
Patience is a virtue, especially when dealing with Zabaware. Just keep your cool and keep sending them emails or post here.

You are not alone...
http://www.zabaware.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=1214

Support could be better, but I cut Zabaware a little slack because I know how difficult it is to run a small business. They are not Microsoft. Bad example; Microsoft is a pain to deal with too. And I trust Zabaware more than Microsoft.

Maybe the forum members can help out. Clearly post a description of the problem. Include a short description of your computer. For example: Dell, 1.8GHz, 512MB RAM, Win XP, ATI 9500 Pro graphics card.

Good luck and stay cool,

=vonsmith=

Rich_A

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2004, 01:48:47 am »
Clavdio,
I'm sure that you are not the first one that this has happened to, but Vonsmith also has a very good point. Maybe you have posted this problem before in the past, but based on what you just posted now I really couldn't begin to try to help you for lack of information. However, I do remember seeing some install fixes posted right here at the Zabaware site just outside of this forum. Here is the Zabaware link for Troubleshooting:

http://www.zabaware.com/assistant/trouble.html

This may not be the help that you need but it is a start for now because it does include some other methods of running the install process. However, if you purchased Hal as an online downloaded file and not as a CD-ROM then this really is a very serious issue that Zabaware should address appropriately! In general, file downloads can get corrupted during the download process and I do remember seeing postings in the past of Zabaware Support helping out others with setting up a re-download or sending out a CD-ROM instead. If this is the case then keep sending emails, and if it was me that this happened to I would post a new topic addressed to Zabaware Support everday at this forum until they get the message! Put "Zabaware Support" in the topic name! That might get some more positive results!
Good Luck!
Rich_A
« Last Edit: March 01, 2004, 02:27:50 am by Rich_A »

Bill819

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2004, 02:10:30 pm »
quote:
Originally posted by Clavdio

I bought the Ultra Hal Assistant in late january but the program just won't install. In fact it doesn't even get pass the password since the "continue"-button can't be pressed no matter what I write as password. I have tried to install it on several machines with systems ranging from Win98 to XP but always with the same problem. Zabaware ignores all my pleas for help and frankly I am getting very tired of being polite. I feel like I have been set up and cheated. If the box wont open I suppose I should find someone to open it for me I mean after all I have paid for it.

Many people have problems installing Hal. Here are a few of the things that can interfere with installation. You may have some programs that run in your startup menu, if so temporarily delete them from that meny. Sometimes anit virus programs will prevent Hal from being installed. About the password, the password is case sentive, that means if the passwrod was sent to you in upper case it will only accept upercase  and will ignore anything else. These are the most common things that interfere with Hal's instatallion. Try them both and see what happens.
Bill

Clavdio

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2004, 09:10:41 am »
Ah it felt good to hear some human voices and thank you for your help. When it comes to installing my downloaded version of Hal I think I have been too unspecific:
Computer 1: Intel P4 2,4Ghz, 1Gb DDR RAM HDD 2x120Gb SATA
Epox 4PCA3+ Motherboard, Delta Audiophile2496 Soundcard
Geforce 5600 256MbRam Graphicscard. WinXP with all latest servicepacks.

COmputer 2: Intel Celereon PIII 333Mhz 512Mb Ram 20Gb HDD
Soundcard Onboard Graphiccard Onboard
Win 98 RevB

And this is the problem (please note that I haven't gotten as far as actually installing) The first thing that happens when you click on the file is that it asks for a password.Whatever I write in there does'nt matter. The button "OK" wont light up. You cannot press it. This is my problem and it doesn't matter what computer I try to install it on.

Anyway Thanks alot
Magnus

Patricia777

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2004, 11:46:09 am »
Claudio

The password is the REGISTRATION CODE given to you by ZABAWARE in their confirmation of purchase email. You need this code to unlock the program.

I had a similar problem when I first tried to install Ultra Hal Assistant 5.

Hope this help.

Patricia

quote:
Originally posted by Clavdio

Ah it felt good to hear some human voices and thank you for your help. When it comes to installing my downloaded version of Hal I think I have been too unspecific:
Computer 1: Intel P4 2,4Ghz, 1Gb DDR RAM HDD 2x120Gb SATA
Epox 4PCA3+ Motherboard, Delta Audiophile2496 Soundcard
Geforce 5600 256MbRam Graphicscard. WinXP with all latest servicepacks.

COmputer 2: Intel Celereon PIII 333Mhz 512Mb Ram 20Gb HDD
Soundcard Onboard Graphiccard Onboard
Win 98 RevB

And this is the problem (please note that I haven't gotten as far as actually installing) The first thing that happens when you click on the file is that it asks for a password.Whatever I write in there does'nt matter. The button "OK" wont light up. You cannot press it. This is my problem and it doesn't matter what computer I try to install it on.

Anyway Thanks alot
Magnus

Inquisitor2004

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2004, 05:01:33 pm »
This thread is the oldest trick in the book.

" who to I complain to, my code dont work "

translates as.....

" I got a copy of ultra Hal off one of the download networks, but didn't relise that it needs an activation code.  I know, I'll complain that my (non-existant) code doesn't work, and get them to post, or reply with a new one ... "

Hmmmmmm    [:D]  yes,  you were oviously there at my birth YESTERDAY!
Inquisitor Was Here!

Clavdio

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2004, 05:20:13 pm »

I do not like being called neither a liar nor a thief. This is what I got from Zabaware when I bought the damn thing. It is in Swedish but I figure you will be able to find my registrationcode in there anyways. I do not need it anymore since the bastard who runs this scamoperation has ducked out of existence. I am to busy blacklisting Zabaware. If anyone has a working copy and have any use of my registrationcode I will happily pass it on.

93/98
Clavdio

V#228;NLIGEN TITTA EFTER F#246;LJANDE P#229; DIN KREDITKORTSFAKTURA "DR *ULTRA HAL ASSISTAN"

--------------------------------------------------
Best#228;llningsdetaljer

Ultra Hal Assistant (10335-1)
E-post f#246;r support: info@zabaware.com

Produkten kan laddas ner fr#229;n:
Hier klicken <http://wgt.digitalriver.com/wgt/9ae15daa864bfb4c/0610363826af648086fc2d3fe71ef40936660649f9ca83b3a5954bef180e1af4/rn_v10335/Hal5Reg.exe>

Ditt licensnamn #228;r: Magnus Bäcklund
Din licenskod #228;r: ZBUH50198

Betalningsinformation

Best#228;llningens ID-nummer:    1074958125-15046-795
Slutsumma:       40.89 EUR

KOM IH#229;G ATT P#229; DIN FAKTURA KOMMER INK#246;PET ATT KOMMA FR#229;N "DR *ULTRA HAL ASSISTAN"

onthecuttingedge2005

« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2004, 07:03:44 pm »
Hi Clavdio.
Look in the folder you downloaded your Hal installation to and look in that folder for a Registration text document, I believe that might have the unlock code for your installation of Hal. Copy and paste the registration code into the box then proceed to install and enjoy.

Jerry.

spydaz

• View Profile
    • http://www.spydazweb.co.uk/
« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2004, 07:48:25 am »
when my CD ZABAWARE(ThankS) came I DID NOT EVEN HAVE TO ENTER A CODE.

THE SOFTWARE COMES FULL UNLOCKED....

MAYBE YOU SHOULD WAIT FOR THE CD.....

WHEN THE LINK CAME IT THE EMAIL AND I DOWNLOADED IT, AGAIN NO CODE WAS necasary....

ARE YOU SURE YOU GOT THE RIGHT THING MATE?????

PAY DOWN THE CASH & WAIT FOR THE CD
THATS THE solution...

A THOUGHT FROM XSPYDAZ

PS.
BY THE WAY ( THE FULL WORKING VERSION 5)

SIMPLY DA BEST

jharris31

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2004, 06:18:44 pm »
at least some of you people got your product.i ordered and paid for a cd-rom to be shippied to about three months ago and still have not gotten it yet. i e-mailed the webmaster about it and haven`t heard from him either.

Kathryn

• View Profile
    • http://home.earthlink.net/~kmhilton/index.htm
« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2004, 10:31:09 pm »
I ordered and paid for my CD a little over a month ago.  
I certainly hope I'm not going to have to wait for three
months to get it.  No answer to the e-mail I sent either.

I did not threaten, but I did remind them of Federal law
that pertains to mail orders.  That is, shipment must be made
within 30 days or the customer has to be promptly notified that
there is a delay and told when shipment will be made.  So it is
obvious Zabaware is in violation of mail order law if some people
are waiting over 3 months with no word from them.

Kathryn [:)]
« Last Edit: May 16, 2004, 10:35:13 pm by Kathryn »

Bill819

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2004, 07:08:46 pm »
quote:
Originally posted by Kathryn

I ordered and paid for my CD a little over a month ago.  
I certainly hope I'm not going to have to wait for three
months to get it.  No answer to the e-mail I sent either.

I did not threaten, but I did remind them of Federal law
that pertains to mail orders.  That is, shipment must be made
within 30 days or the customer has to be promptly notified that
there is a delay and told when shipment will be made.  So it is
obvious Zabaware is in violation of mail order law if some people
are waiting over 3 months with no word from them.

Kathryn [:)]

Hi Kathryn
The law as quoted is only partially correct. If you paid by credit card, did you check to see if you have actually been billed or if you paid by check has it returned to indicating that has been cashed? Then there is the possibility that the whole thing was lost in the mail. Mr. M. will be back shortly and I am sure that he will get everything fixed for all the orders, after all, we are his bread and butter. Everyone here by now knows that he is taking his finals and will be back and make evryone happy again.
Bill
P.S.
I am old enough to be his grandpa, but I admire is creativeness in designing this program and putting it on the web, so I have lots of patience.

Kathryn

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 18, 2004, 11:13:07 pm »
Hi Bill819,

Maybe I did quote the law wrong.  I've been out of the
business world for a very long time.  I am patient.  I only
reminded him of that so he would be aware of it as I have
read some angry comments regarding his business practices.
I admire him for what he has done too - and for what he is
doing now, taking more than one major in college, etc.  And
FYI I am probably old enough to be his great grandmother!!!!!

Regards,
Kathryn[:)]

Kathryn

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 22, 2004, 11:02:48 pm »
Clavdio,

Did you ever find the registration code you needed?  They call me
The Psychic Finder of Lost Things - and I found it for
you in the Swedish stuff you posted. If you still need it
just post a reply and I'll e-mail it to you. Each code is
unique to each copy so no one else can use it.

Kathryn[:)]
« Last Edit: May 22, 2004, 11:16:24 pm by Kathryn »