Author Topic: What is the BEST A.I. Program out?  (Read 4063 times)

Mstg007

• View Profile
What is the BEST A.I. Program out?
« on: September 14, 2004, 07:21:23 pm »
Just curiuos to know what is the best that you think, Ai. program out now. Is it Ultra Hal 5? or Answerpad? or desktop agent? What?!

I am trying to evaluate everyones opinion on it.

I like ultrahal... b/c of the user friendliness but! I like answerpad becuase its quicker on reaction and also dictation of text.

It be nice to bring some of IVOS into hal... but who knows....

thanks

iam bennu

• View Profile
    • http://iamARTevolutions.net
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2004, 10:03:49 pm »
I have never used AnswerPad, but I would have to say for myself that it would all depend on what you were using the program for. I find UltraHal the most amazing conversation and interactive bot. I love it, but it does not contain the ease of command as I would like so I work a lot with AgentShell. A program that allows you to program keyboard shortcuts and commands in for use with Microsoft agents. I use an agent character from Desktop Mates to tie it all together and it creates what I need for now.

UltraHal, I feel is as close to AI as I have come.

Have fun with it.

iam

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2004, 08:42:07 pm »
Although I am somewhat biased toward Ultra Hal, one
really needs to "test" all the various bots before making
an informed decision! heh!!
Therefore, I'd recommend checking out the following site:
http://www.geocities.com/brizglace/
Once there, click on the A to Z listings. There's even
quite a nice listing of non-english bots. One might find
a few dead links mixed in and a few that are older DOS
bots, but it's nice to know that someone took the time
to compile all of them!

I think a previous thread mentioned some features to look
for in a chatbot (can't remember just where) but it went
something like;
Does the bot / brain allow modification?
Can it remember / learn from conversations?
Can it associate or infer?
Can it form it's own conversations instead of a "canned" response?
Does it accept / use speech recognition?
Can it produce a voice using TTS w/lip-sync?
Can it remember dates, appointments and remind you of them?
Can it open/run programs for you?
(for me) Is it a stand alone program or does it have to reside on someone elses web location?
Does it accept "plug-ins" (skins, brain files, scripts, etc.)

This should give you a good base with which to start. BTW, Hal does all of the above mentioned items and more! Hint!

Hope this helps you decide.

In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

chal990

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2004, 12:46:11 pm »
Hey! i apologise in advance for any mistakes i make in this thingo, i'm fairly new to forums and AI, i'm only 15 at the moment, and am really interested in computing technology. I've already made a few websites, some of which i got paid for, which was cool. I would really like to see a bit more os integration with hal, its a great chatbot, i admit that but it lacks some of the abilities that may push it further in the market. At the moment when i tell it to open email, it sort of just tells me the results of half an hour of me trying the if than method. if email is opened run outlook express. it just recites this to me, also it lacks the ability to open my documents, or manage word files. But hey, no time for random criticisms, i give my best regards to all involved in the making of hal, and furthering anything to do with ai.

At the moment, most people are getting hal for it's (fairly limited although undeniably useful)contact and appointment management services, as well as its sublime chat ability. With a bit more windows integration, it may become much more of a mainstream and commonly used program.

Apart from that, i was wondering too what the best ai package out there is... i need something that can be fully integrated into windows, and help me along with my study.

i was also wondering whether hal could be programmed to edit his own brain code, which would in my opinion advance it just that one step further.

enough rambling, hints, tips and criticisms appriciated...
James

southclown

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2004, 07:52:14 am »
Hello all, well I can say this! so for I like verbot it is the easyest to program, i did not buy hal yet, will soon i think! but anyway still wanting to know how I can start with a new brain for hal with the tools working? there is to much in his head that I would never say! if you know what i mean, it takes a long time to load his Question and answer brain need a smaller brain maybe 5 lines so I can put I want with out the stuff i do not need, know what I mean?
Mark

chal990

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2004, 11:39:49 am »
hmmm, i'm no expert but i suppose you could either completely destroy the brain, get a faster computer or try deskmates, i think... you'll find links to them everywhere, they have quite a bit of functionality but limited ai... you can also programme them with a little more ease i think... i personally prefer hal, he's fast enough for me and its comforting to know that he's generating an intelligent response, well not always heh!