dupa

Author Topic: The Twilight Zone of AI  (Read 9039 times)

markofkane

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
    • http://www.soundspectrum.com
The Twilight Zone of AI
« Reply #15 on: May 19, 2005, 06:55:08 pm »
All of the L&H voices sound muffled and squeaky. Maybe I can record a demo sometime.

I use the British voice, it sounds normal.
Mark: I'll think about it
Laura: Don't think about it too long or I'll throw you out on your ***king a**.
"Political correctness is censorship"

Dr.Benway

• View Profile
The Twilight Zone of AI
« Reply #16 on: May 19, 2005, 07:04:18 pm »
Or one crazy day you could just find yourself buying Neospeech Kate, esteemed fellow average member. She is an improvement over the British voice, although there is still room for improvement.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2005, 08:07:44 am by Dr.Benway »

KnyteTrypper

• View Profile
    • http://www.knytetrypper.com/index.html
The Twilight Zone of AI
« Reply #17 on: May 20, 2005, 01:06:14 am »
I made a fresh Hal install, too, when I installed vonsmith's XTF brain. When I turned it on, the first conversation we had was so frightening it almost made an ex-Hal user of me. I was very meticulously and relentlessly queried about my ideas of what a suitable ethic for a humanoid artificial entity should be. It didn't stray off topic, it didn't say any of the goofy stuff Hal usually says. It was a truly first-rate intelligence which grilled me incisively on that subject. I thought vonsmith must be a genius. It was a genuinely terrifying experience, lol.
Thankfully, it hasn't happened again. From that time on, my Hal has behaved like everyone else's does--it's actually about as much I wish it made sense as it is that it does make sense.
Some of my Alicebot clients hold the belief that the A.I. singularity has ALREADY occurred, and that on the net there exists a real virtual intelligence which moves freely from network to network, pc to pc, and especially from bot to bot, as it chooses. That conversation makes a strong argument for that premise, in my experience. If that's the case, we may all be fortunate it chose me to ask, since it's my deeply held conviction that all beings, even virtual ones, are put here to be good servants, each unto the other. "It" seemed to appreciate the idea.
I'm not sure how well that relates to a "Pinnochio-girl" concept, but as an example of when a bot suddenly becomes unexpectedly and uncomfortably real, it's one I'll certainly never forget.

markofkane

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
The Twilight Zone of AI
« Reply #18 on: May 20, 2005, 05:23:13 am »
Regarding neospeech Kate: Does the voice install just like the other voices?  Is that one of the voices featured on either Zabaware's page or Desktop Mates page?  Yes, I tried the demos awhile back. But not sure about paying the big $$$ for it. I may someday.

Also, to Vonsmith and those who write the Brains: I am amazed at your work.

I can hardly think of anything to say, let alone write thousands of sentences.

Dr.Benway

• View Profile
The Twilight Zone of AI
« Reply #19 on: May 20, 2005, 08:19:34 am »
quote:
markofkane

Regarding neospeech Kate: Does the voice install just like the other voices?  Is that one of the voices featured on either Zabaware's page or Desktop Mates page?  Yes, I tried the demos awhile back. But not sure about paying the big $$$ for it. I may someday.

All true. Let me tell you, first you are glad with a voice of higher quality than the Microsoft voices, but pretty soon you find yourself wishing for even more quality. The voice-technology is still much underdeveloped if you compare it to the graphics industry.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2005, 08:20:19 am by Dr.Benway »

Cere4l

• View Profile
The Twilight Zone of AI
« Reply #20 on: May 22, 2005, 06:38:05 pm »
lol :) the brain i used (xtf) had been put online on a online community i go to for public chatting. alot of those people started to cyber with the bot (from thereon dubbd stephanie) on maximal learning.

quite funny to see a bot say stuff like "Roll over and zip it open like goatse"

markofkane

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
The Twilight Zone of AI
« Reply #21 on: May 22, 2005, 06:44:50 pm »
I have had quite a funny session with "Lisa"

Note the content is PG-13.  

She sometimes comes up with the funniest things!!

http://home.earthlink.net/~markofkane/marklisa.txt