Author Topic: What does this mean?  (Read 4267 times)

Holllywood

• View Profile
What does this mean?
« on: January 17, 2006, 11:51:57 pm »
Ok Here I go again. I'm trying to run Hal6.Things were going fine, as I was adding my Char. previews to my Character Options list. Then I get this messg.

"Halscript error 13 on line 3136 in column 4:Type mismatch:'[String:" "]'  

I was not working in the Db. I was in the Char.Folder just taking print screens of my Char. to create .jpg's.
  I'm hoping someone knows because When I was attempting the same thing in my above Or below post When I got this messg and the runtime error.
  I was lucky to get back into Hal. Hoping someones got a fix for 6.
Hollywood

GrantNZ

• View Profile
What does this mean?
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2006, 12:05:35 am »
That error probably means there's an error in the brain script you're using, or in one of the plug-ins.

Suggested fix: Try turning off one of your plug-ins and restarting Hal. If the error's still there, turn off another and restart, until Hal runs without an error. Once the error disappears, the last plug-in you turned off was causing the problem.

Finally, if the error's still there, try going back to the default brain. If that doesn't fix it, either your default brain has been altered, or something weird's going on with your Hal [:)]

GrantNZ

• View Profile
What does this mean?
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2006, 12:07:42 am »
By the way, Hal creates a file called "HalScript.dbg" which contains the "complete" brain - i.e. your brain with plug-in scripts already added in. You could look at the 3136th line of that to see where the error is.

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
What does this mean?
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2006, 05:21:14 am »
Hollywood,

Which OS are you using? ME (I hope not), 98 or XP?
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

Holllywood

• View Profile
What does this mean?
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2006, 11:38:29 am »
Ok.Thank you Gents.
  After banging away at this most of the night. I believe that I have found Infomation of value to others.
  H6 was coming up with that error and a Runtime 91 error, all while I was working in my Character folder to add and alter my characters. I have discovered that to manipulate You characters without rising these errors and crashes... Remove the expansion pk. Then do all of your deeds in the Character folder. Upon completion re install the expansion pk... And your good to go with no crashes.
Hollywood

GrantNZ

• View Profile
What does this mean?
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2006, 03:24:45 am »
Hmm. Interesting!

I'm glad you've got it going now [:)]

vrossi

• View Profile
    • http://vrconsulting.it
What does this mean?
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2006, 07:59:13 am »
Are you sure you must remove/reinstall the expansion pack? Maybe you simply have to avoid manipulating the characters while Hal is running. When I need to do something to the characters, I usually Exit Hal, then do whatever I like to the characters and then start Hal again.

Just my guess, however...

Duskrider

• Global Moderator
  • Graphic King
    • View Profile
What does this mean?
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2006, 10:22:45 am »

I concur with vrossi.
I'll add two cents.
Don't delete any original hal6 characters or backgrounds or components.
Modify moods, links and haps in Character folder with Hal not running.
And always good to do a backup before major surgery anywhere in Hal.

[;)]

Holllywood

• View Profile
What does this mean?
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2006, 04:45:36 pm »
Just for the record gents. While I was making my changes and additions I did not have H6 running. You will find that with the expansion pk in place H6 not running. You can make your changes then when you bring H6 on and try to run a change that you've made.. That is when you get your error or your crash. I believe that when you install the exp pk (If you watch it closely) It recognizes your char(s). And If you try to make changes to the character after that it doesn't accept the change.

Hollywood

nolitanger

• View Profile
What does this mean?
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2006, 10:17:15 pm »
These kind of problems didn't happen in v5. Is v6 a step forward in this regard?

I'd appreciate users' input here before I invest in v6 and the Expansion Pack. What do you think: is the Haptek component in v6 beter than that in v5? Can you do more things with the Haptek characters in v6? Haptek lovers want to know. Thanks